ADVERTISEMENT

India and Kashmir

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
Kinda overlooked here but a big deal in that region- India ended the Muslim autonomous rule of India ruled Kashmir and sent 10,000 troops in to implement a police state. Cut off the Internet. All to “reign in” Kashmir and integrate it into India.

Across the border is Pakistan ruled Kashmir and the two sides already clashed enough as it is.

Reminder: both sides have nuclear weapons and one is ruled by Islamists and one is ruled by Hindu Nationals

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/asia/kashmir-india-pakistan.amp.html

Reactions: UCFWayne
As long as it stays local, and gets Indians out of the Telecom business, I am all for them doing what ever they want.

Kinda overlooked here but a big deal in that region- India ended the Muslim autonomous rule of India ruled Kashmir and sent 10,000 troops in to implement a police state. Cut off the Internet. All to “reign in” Kashmir and integrate it into India.

Across the border is Pakistan ruled Kashmir and the two sides already clashed enough as it is.

Reminder: both sides have nuclear weapons and one is ruled by Islamists and one is ruled by Hindu Nationals

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/asia/kashmir-india-pakistan.amp.html

Going to Fix this for you a bit.

Not sure what Islamists means.

You have used the term "Muslims" before so I am assuming the two are different, and you are using Islamists as more like extremists. Now if that was the case those weapons would already have been deployed somewhere.

The nuclear program is under the Army/Govt. of Pakistan, that is why its been a well run program.

Pakistan's side of Kashmir is Free, its part of the state and people are living their freely. Only the Indian side is Occupied, and now they broke their treaty of 60 plus years with them, because of right wing Hindu Nationalists in power.

Modi is similar to Trump, dividing the nation and there has been an uprising in Hindu Nationalism which is about 80% of India.

Lets hope this doesn't escalate or it could get ugly. Pakistan's PM repeatedly has raised this to the UN that they need to address this, and that Pakistan wants a peaceful solution. India has been the aggressor in this because its time for re-election and Modi wants to keep feeding the nationalist agenda.

Going to Fix this for you a bit.

Not sure what Islamists means.

You have used the term "Muslims" before so I am assuming the two are different, and you are using Islamists as more like extremists. Now if that was the case those weapons would already have been deployed somewhere.

The nuclear program is under the Army/Govt. of Pakistan, that is why its been a well run program.

Pakistan's side of Kashmir is Free, its part of the state and people are living their freely. Only the Indian side is Occupied, and now they broke their treaty of 60 plus years with them, because of right wing Hindu Nationalists in power.

Modi is similar to Trump, dividing the nation and there has been an uprising in Hindu Nationalism which is about 80% of India.

Lets hope this doesn't escalate or it could get ugly. Pakistan's PM repeatedly has raised this to the UN that they need to address this, and that Pakistan wants a peaceful solution. India has been the aggressor in this because its time for re-election and Modi wants to keep feeding the nationalist agenda.

Lol dude this reads like a Pakistan PR campaign spot. I use Islamist because that’s what Pakistan’s government is; the country is literally called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Islam is their state religion.

Pakistan wants peace so badly that they run terrorist groups across the border to hit Indian positions.

Lol dude this reads like a Pakistan PR campaign spot. I use Islamist because that’s what Pakistan’s government is; the country is literally called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Islam is their state religion.

Pakistan wants peace so badly that they run terrorist groups across the border to hit Indian positions.

lol its what you find if you do a little research, which I have.

I am sure some of the activity along the Indian border is run by Pakistan too, however they are pushing for peace

India runs terrorist activity in Indian occupied kashmir, plenty of evidence if you look for it. As well as in the Balochistan province which they want to separate from Pakistan so they can destabilize it.

Their is always political agendas on both sides, its never a one sided story.

As dangerous as Iran would be if they had a nuke, I've always felt like the biggest chance of nuclear war would be between India and Pakistan.

Given that these two sides skirmish almost daily you’re probably right. Although I think that MAD kind of takes using them off the table for both sides.

You’ve got Pakistan now trying to rally Muslims against India over this action and yet the Arab Gulf states are siding with India since they want to support the right of a state to do what they want for internal affairs. What a mess this will be.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Given that these two sides skirmish almost daily you’re probably right. Although I think that MAD kind of takes using them off the table for both sides.

You’ve got Pakistan now trying to rally Muslims against India over this action and yet the Arab Gulf states are siding with India since they want to support the right of a state to do what they want for internal affairs. What a mess this will be.

Agreed, another big factor is Trade, the amount of Trade that these gulf countries do with India is nothing compared to Pakistan. It always comes down to money, so that is why they are staying out of it. Turkey or China are the only two who have showed some support

i have a feeling this will escalate into violence rather quickly. hopefully cooler heads prevail, but those countries hate each other.

As dangerous as Iran would be if they had a nuke, I've always felt like the biggest chance of nuclear war would be between India and Pakistan.

I’ve always believed that if we ever see another nuke used against people in our lifetimes, it will be because of these two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT