ADVERTISEMENT

Insight on what happens after Saturday?

huskermedic2010

Two-Star Recruit
Jan 22, 2010
If Frost does in fact leave UCF, which coaches / recruits do you think follows him wherever he goes? Has anyone heard anything credible?

Will these people finally leave if Frost leaves? I don't mind getting USF,ECU, Memphis people on our boards... that's perfectly normal albeit annoying sometimes. But these Nebraska people, no matter how good they think their intentions are, it's all just pathetic. I've never felt compelled to go on anyone's message board, let alone actually sign and post regularly. It's a huge indicator that not only are they really taking fandom seriously (we all love our respective schools/teams obviously but there is a level of obsession) but that they really have nothing better to do over there. And yes, I've been to Lincoln... there is nothing out there. It's not a tiny town by any means, but it is boring. I'd be embarrassed if I knew UCF fans en masse were flooding other message boards.

I'm assuming the Jucos in Kansas & Texas that RB Coach Ryan Held is recruiting will drop UCF and consider Nebraska. I don't think many of our In State commits will

The stadium will collapse, the field house will burst into flames. Isolated reports will come in about people becoming randomly violent. These reports will become more widespread. The lazy river will run red with blood. Within hours, nothing will remain of UCF but a smoking crater.

If Frost does in fact leave UCF, which coaches / recruits do you think follows him wherever he goes? Has anyone heard anything credible?
Honestly, most wont, one of the big attractions here is being close to home when it came to alot of recruits and the fact we had a great offense that they could run close to home. All we have to do to keep our current recruits is get a coach to run spread and 3-4 D. Thats easy.

Reactions: huskermedic2010
Yea hopefully Frost takes with him these pathetic adult Nebraska fans.

11 and 0 and you are all I see on the boards

That's a valid point. Ya'll are having an amazing year, yet I don't see many posts regarding how to use the UCF tight ends against Memphis, what wr routes might work best against their zone defense, how to to stifle the offense that has caught fire recently, etc that I would normally expect. Yes, the Nebraska folks are posting a bunch of coach based topics, but I don't see the UCF folks posting much in the way of football based topics either. Is that normal?

Frost: Hey <insert FL recruit> I'm going to Lincoln, care to follow me there?
Recruit: Is that Lincoln, FL? GA?
Frost: Lincoln, Nebraska
Recruit:
giphy.gif

Well, gee guys thanks for those constructive responses. I was being genuine in the question- and in no way was I trying to troll. I really do hope that UCF continues to be successful, so I was just curious who people think would leave the program to follow Frost ...idk why that would necessitate a “ban” it’s a genuine question that even UCF fans have asked. But hey, keep hating- it’s cool. And btw, I’m a member on the HuskerMax board and we’ve had posters from other teams for years there (Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri fans mainly) and yet we don’t degrade them. Idk what’s so hard about having an actual football conversation with people without all the BS.

Reactions: HuskerNorm
Well, gee guys thanks for those constructive responses. I was being genuine in the question- and in no way was I trying to troll. I really do hope that UCF continues to be successful, so I was just curious who people think would leave the program to follow Frost ...idk why that would necessitate a “ban” it’s a genuine question that even UCF fans have asked. But hey, keep hating- it’s cool. And btw, I’m a member on the HuskerMax board and we’ve had posters from other teams for years there (Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri fans mainly) and yet we don’t degrade them. Idk what’s so hard about having an actual football conversation with people without all the BS.

For the record I wasn't hating, I just like posting weird and absurd responses to everything

We're 2 days away from a conference championship. I know it's been decades since you knew what that felt like.

Get out of here with that garbage.

Reactions: FRIGHTKNIGHT
UCF fans are already very salty about this whole situation. I don't think you are going to get a serious response...... Move along troll move along.
Why is that? Because they’ve been denying that it would happen this whole time? I guess I just don’t understand what’s wrong with asking a general football question on a football message board about the specific team in which this board is focused on.

We're 2 days away from a conference championship. I know it's been decades since you knew what that felt like.

Get out of here with that garbage.
Thanks for not answering anything within my initial post. I’ll wait for an actual fan with real knowledge of the program and roster to answer my question.

Why is that? Because they’ve been denying that it would happen this whole time? I guess I just don’t understand what’s wrong with asking a general football question on a football message board about the specific team in which this board is focused on.

There was nothing wrong with asking the question. Some folks just don't want to think about the consequences of Frost possibly leaving UCF. I doubt many Florida recruits will follow Frost unless they have a very tight relationship with him, but some may still bail on UCF depending on whom UCF hires as a replacement.

Reactions: huskermedic2010
Honestly, most wont, one of the big attractions here is being close to home when it came to alot of recruits and the fact we had a great offense that they could run close to home. All we have to do to keep our current recruits is get a coach to run spread and 3-4 D. Thats easy.

Hey - Bob Diaco is looking for a job . . .

Will these people finally leave if Frost leaves? I don't mind getting USF,ECU, Memphis people on our boards... that's perfectly normal albeit annoying sometimes. But these Nebraska people, no matter how good they think their intentions are, it's all just pathetic. I've never felt compelled to go on anyone's message board, let alone actually sign and post regularly. It's a huge indicator that not only are they really taking fandom seriously (we all love our respective schools/teams obviously but there is a level of obsession) but that they really have nothing better to do over there. And yes, I've been to Lincoln... there is nothing out there. It's not a tiny town by any means, but it is boring. I'd be embarrassed if I knew UCF fans en masse were flooding other message boards.

I don't think they will. I think they will continue to troll us just to rub the whole situation in.

I want to summarize this thread:
1) Nebraska doesn't have a recruiting problem
2) they get great recruits from across the country
3) UCF would be far from undefeated in the B1G
4) How many of your players can we have? we'll even take your backup QB

I'm in love with your wife, and I have already convinced her to run away with me. Sorry. But I want to know how many of your kids you think will decide to leave you behind and live with us instead.

But not trolling.
I was thinking the same thing but your analogy is way better. Really you want our head coach and players also? Maybe the whole team will transfer and make Nebraska relevant again. :sunglasses:

Bro. Come on. Be respectful. They are not exactly tickled pink about losing Frost. UCF fans love Frost and are incredibly pissed off about the situation. Anytime a school is in these situations it sucks. I genuinely feel bad for them and you’re literally rubbing their nose in if asking them which recruits are going to follow him.

Show respect.

Last edited:
That's a valid point. Ya'll are having an amazing year, yet I don't see many posts regarding how to use the UCF tight ends against Memphis, what wr routes might work best against their zone defense, how to to stifle the offense that has caught fire recently, etc that I would normally expect. Yes, the Nebraska folks are posting a bunch of coach based topics, but I don't see the UCF folks posting much in the way of football based topics either. Is that normal?
That's why coaches get paid the big bucks- to worry about that. I'm sure we could all tap into our Madden and NCAA knowledge to answer your question, though.

Let's be honest, I expect Memphis to have a revised game plan this go-'round. Their defense got torched frequently this year. USF went to a 6 DB set mid-game to contain UCFast last week. I could see them trying something similar. Whatever the case, I'm not worried about UCF offense.

Defense needs to be able to penetrate and put pressure on Ferguson. Literally every team's gameplan ever, so nothing fresh here.

We beat them 40-13 earlier in the year...just to let you know.

That's why coaches get paid the big bucks- to worry about that. I'm sure we could all tap into our Madden and NCAA knowledge to answer your question, though.

Let's be honest, I expect Memphis to have a revised game plan this go-'round. Their defense got torched frequently this year. USF went to a 6 DB set mid-game to contain UCFast last week. I could see them trying something similar. Whatever the case, I'm not worried about UCF offense.

Defense needs to be able to penetrate and put pressure on Ferguson. Literally every team's gameplan ever, so nothing fresh here.

Now that's the type of discussion that belongs on a football message board.
We beat them 40-13 earlier in the year...just to let you know.

I am aware. I am also aware that it is hard to beat the same team twice. Plus, they are not the same team you beat so easily earlier in the season. My whole point was that there is little football talk and too much coach talk.

Now that's the type of discussion that belongs on a football message board.

I am aware. I am also aware that it is hard to beat the same team twice. Plus, they are not the same team you beat so easily earlier in the season. My whole point was that there is little football talk and too much coach talk.
I dont think Memphis' defense is as athletic as USFs but i'm sure Ferguson and Anthony are pumped theyre getting a second chance.

Reactions: G8RLegist
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT