ADVERTISEMENT

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

That's a really long article about nothing. "We have unconfirmed damning information that half the US government, England and Russia have access to but we're unwilling to share the information unless we're able to get any of the couple thousand people that won't confirm to confirm it." Dumb. Shit or get off the pot.

Trump is not concerned with the Russians having access to his financials, since he's about to come into a windfall of cash from some assistance he's giving a Nigerian prince.

4chan is claiming that they trolled our spy agencies and made up most of what was in that report. And they're gloating about it:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-invented-the-trump-golden-showers-story.html

So here we have a Buzzfeed "leaked" memo that has a ton of incorrect things in it, supposedly from unverified sources, with the master online troll community now laughing about how they actually planted the story and the spy agencies fell for it.

What an utter mess.

I read through the 35 page report last night. Honestly I couldn't give a shit about the hooker stories, even if they were true - even the golden shower one. The part that really brought my attention was the part where Trump staffers were noted as paying off hackers to get info on Clinton. I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so, that is comparable to the Watergate scandal.

4chan is claiming that they trolled our spy agencies and made up most of what was in that report. And they're gloating about it:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-invented-the-trump-golden-showers-story.html

So here we have a Buzzfeed "leaked" memo that has a ton of incorrect things in it, supposedly from unverified sources, with the master online troll community now laughing about how they actually planted the story and the spy agencies fell for it.

What an utter mess.

And from what I understand, it really was a non-story until Senator McCain brought it up. A Vietnam veteran and POW or not, he's an ass.

The part that really brought my attention was the part where Trump staffers were noted as paying off hackers to get info on Clinton. I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so, that is comparable to the Watergate scandal.

That's what every political compaign does. They send out less than savory people to track down every piece of info they can find on someone.

Tracking down info =/= illegally obtaining said info.

What did he do that was illegal? I still haven't seen any proof for any of these faux rages. If he did something illegal or helped the Russians hack Clinton then I would be just a pissed but there still hasn't been an ounce of proof for any of these fake news stories liberals are throwing around.

What did he do that was illegal? I still haven't seen any proof for any of these faux rages. If he did something illegal or helped the Russians hack Clinton then I would be just a pissed but there still hasn't been an ounce of proof for any of these fake news stories liberals are throwing around.
Yes, there's no proof, and nothing is confirmed about this. I also said as much, and I said if it were true, that would be tantamount to Watergate. You need to read gooder.

I read through the 35 page report last night. Honestly I couldn't give a shit about the hooker stories, even if they were true - even the golden shower one. The part that really brought my attention was the part where Trump staffers were noted as paying off hackers to get info on Clinton. I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so, that is comparable to the Watergate scandal.

Are you sure at some point you didn't get your penthouse and buzzfeed browser tabs mixed up at some point?

Reactions: fabknight
Are you sure at some point you didn't get your penthouse and buzzfeed browser tabs mixed up at some point?
LOL, yeah. The report only says such banal things like "TRUMP spent his time in St. Petersburg with local prostitutes..." There weren't really any salacious details except about the golden shower show on the same bed the Obamas slept on.

And from what I understand, it really was a non-story until Senator McCain brought it up. A Vietnam veteran and POW or not, he's an ass.
I like some of Trump's fiscal policies but the weirdest thing by the most hardcore Trump people is to make John McCain an enemy. He's made a life long dedication to Service to this Country, this election has made some people lose their minds.

Even the Lefty Greenwald has been blasting the media for all of the crappy reporting done lately. His latest piece after this recent "report" is no different but a good read nonetheless.

But cheering for the CIA and its shadowy allies to unilaterally subvert the U.S. election and impose its own policy dictates on the elected President is both warped and self-destructive. Empowering the very entities that have produced the most shameful atrocities and systemic deceit over the last six decades is desperation of the worst kind. Demanding that evidence-free, anonymous assertions be instantly venerated as Truth – despite emanating from the very precincts designed to propagandize and lie – is an assault on journalism, democracy, and basic human rationality. And casually branding domestic adversaries who refuse to go along as traitors and disloyal foreign operatives is morally bankrupt and certain to backfire on those doing it.

Another good point:
There is a real danger here that this maneuver can harshly backfire, to the great benefit of Trump and to the great detriment of those who want to oppose him. If any of the significant claims in this “dossier” turn out to be provably false — such as Cohen’s trip to Prague — many people will conclude, with Trump’s encouragement, that large media outlets (CNN and BuzzFeed) and anti-Trump factions inside the government (CIA) are deploying “Fake News” to destroy him. In the eyes of many people, that will forever discredit — render impotent — future journalistic exposés that are based on actual, corroborated wrongdoing.

Probably most important for anti-Trump people:
Most important of all, the legitimate and effective tactics for opposing Trump are being utterly drowned by these irrational, desperate, ad hoc crusades that have no cogent strategy and make his opponents appear increasingly devoid of reason and gravity. Right now, Trump’s opponents are behaving as media critic Adam Johnson described: as ideological jelly fish, floating around aimlessly and lost, desperately latching on to whatever barge randomly passes by.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11...-elect-using-unverified-claims-as-dems-cheer/

I like some of Trump's fiscal policies but the weirdest thing by the most hardcore Trump people is to make John McCain an enemy. He's made a life long dedication to Service to this Country, this election has made some people lose their minds.

John McCain is not even close to being a conservative (not saying Trump is). McCain is the biggest RHINO ever...except for 2nd Amendment issues. I think most people are pissed that he was part of the cadre of establishment politicians that were trying to subvert Trump in his bid for the presidency. He needs to retire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_of_Parrish
John McCain is not even close to being a conservative (not saying Trump is). McCain is the biggest RHINO ever...except for 2nd Amendment issues. I think most people are pissed that he was part of the cadre of establishment politicians that were trying to subvert Trump in his bid for the presidency. He needs to retire.
still doesn't make it right for Alt Right Trolls to treat him like an Enemy bc he doesn't want to pillow bite for Russia.

McCain the veteran will always be a hero...but McCain the POLITICIAN hasn't and doesn't always push/promote the best policies for the nation.

McCain lost favor by many conservatives over the past 10 years or so with his support for SS benefits for illegal immigrants, was against a stronger border with Mexico in his own state, etc...

Last edited:
I don't see the issue with McCain turning this over to Comey to investigate it. He was given something and was told it was true. McCain wanted know if it was or not. If something like this was given to Reid or Booker under Obama or Clinton the document would have been destroyed and the person that provided it would have committed suicide.

I don't see the issue with McCain turning this over to Comey to investigate it. He was given something and was told it was true. McCain wanted know if it was or not. If something like this was given to Reid or Booker under Obama or Clinton the document would have been destroyed and the person that provided it would have committed suicide.
Yes, akin to Putin.

So about those stacks of papers supposedly divesting Trump from his businesses he and his lawyer kept pointing to at the presser...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nk-fake-handover-donald-jr-eric-a7523426.html

...the pages themselves appear to be blank. While the majority of the sheets were hidden, some of them were visible – and there was no sign of page numbers or the sticky notes that lawyers tend to use to mark places in large documents.

The paper itself also appeared to be the wrong size, printed on A4 rather than legal size sheets, and appears to have fallen like fresh sheets of paper. And the folders themselves were also entirely blank, despite Mr Trump suggesting that each of them related to a different business that Mr Trump was moving himself away from.

It is possible that the documents had been printed precisely for the press conference, but the fact that reporters weren't allowed to check the details of the documents led to concern that they didn't include any information at all.

So about those stacks of papers supposedly divesting Trump from his businesses he and his lawyer kept pointing to at the presser...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nk-fake-handover-donald-jr-eric-a7523426.html

How are they coming to the conclusion that the paperwork was blank when no one was allowed to see them? You can tell if a paper has print or not by seeing the margin that is always blank? There is absolutely zero reason any reporter should have access to any paperwork of a private company, ever.

How are they coming to the conclusion that the paperwork was blank when no one was allowed to see them? You can tell if a paper has print or not by seeing the margin that is always blank? There is absolutely zero reason any reporter should have access to any paperwork of a private company, ever.
Again, you don't read good. It's in the quote:

"While the majority of the sheets were hidden, some of them were visible – and there was no sign of page numbers or the sticky notes that lawyers tend to use to mark places in large documents.

The paper itself also appeared to be the wrong size, printed on A4 rather than legal size sheets, and appears to have fallen like fresh sheets of paper. And the folders themselves were also entirely blank, despite Mr Trump suggesting that each of them related to a different business that Mr Trump was moving himself away from
."

It wouldn't surprise me if it was just a prop, as who would really bring such actual sensitive documents to be in a room full of press sharks? It's just a funny observation.

Jeb!

The plot thickens

giphy.gif

Why have it there then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT