ADVERTISEMENT

Internet Dating

Bob the Citronaut

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
I swore I'd never do that stuff but it seems it's the mainstream now. I've run through the local bar scene and friends of friends for too long and I've hit a dead end. What's the best place to go?

eHarmony or match

You're a serious guy looking for a relationship right?

eHarmony or match

Yeah, I figured those were the obvious. I'll start there.

Most everyone here knows I'm not a ladies man by any means but I have my regulars. I'm getting too old though.

Last edited:
Do you have a dog? If not, get one. It is by far the easiest way to talk to women most anywhere you go. I met my wife that way since we were both walking dogs in our neighborhood.

Not only will girls approach you, but you instantly have a topic to kick things off with other than some cheeseball line.

Just watch out for the girl dog owners who are creepy and like their dog just a tad too much. We don't want Bob sleeping on the floor while the dog is fed Wagu beef in bed.

Do you have a dog? If not, get one. It is by far the easiest way to talk to women most anywhere you go. I met my wife that way since we were both walking dogs in our neighborhood.

Not only will girls approach you, but you instantly have a topic to kick things off with other than some cheeseball line.

Just watch out for the girl dog owners who are creepy and like their dog just a tad too much. We don't want Bob sleeping on the floor while the dog is fed Wagu beef in bed.
dogs are a chick magnet

I used to have a minivan and found that minivans were amazing MILF magnets. Since it took up too much space, I pulled the back seat out of it.
tenor.gif

Reactions: UCFBS and fabknight
I swore I'd never do that stuff but it seems it's the mainstream now.
That initial stigma went away really quick by the early '00s. I.e., for those of us in the "first-generation," pre-web** ...

Our "by 30" divorce rate was half of the typical.​

The reason is simple, although it's no longer holding as well ...
I've run through the local bar scene and friends of friends for too long and I've hit a dead end.
The entire dynamic changes when you get to know someone on-line and on-the-phone than in-person.

It also helps that various screening is now done via various, on-line services. But I would recommend people talk on-line and over-the-phone before meeting in-person.

At least if you're looking for a serious, long-term relationship.

What's the best place to go?
eHarmony or match
Yeah, I figured those were the obvious. I'll start there. Most everyone here knows I'm not a ladies man by any means but I have my regulars. I'm getting too old though.
Well, I'm socially awkward. But that could also explain most of us "first generation" folk too**. We were often socially awkward ... and a good percentage of us were "computer geeks."

BTW, I'm surprised Ninja isn't in here recommending Tinder ... ;)

No more dogs for me. Been there, done that. Too much of an anchor even if she was cool.
Wait. You want a woman, but a dog is an anchor? If a dog is an anchor, a woman is cement shoes.
Indeed. If I can piggyback on one piece-of-advice ...

If you don't like living for a dog, you will hate living for a woman. It might be a sign you're not ready for a relationship. So maybe you're not looking for the eHarmony or Match site.

I stopped dating when I was a teenager, not since '92, so I'm the last person to ask what would be better. eHarmony or Match are probably best if you're looking for something more long-term.

Yep, we met at 18 and 20, respectively. We had both stopped dating over a half-year earlier. Back then they were Multi User Dungeons (MUD), we used 'finger' (yes, insert jokes) each other to see if the other was on-line, and 'ytalk' was preferred *nix command for private chat (long distance was still costly back then).

internationalcupid.com

Mail order brides don't care if you're a moron living in a trailer.

Internet dating is perfect for FNB, since he has already proven to have zero qualms about lying online, he can doctor up his farmersonly.com profile to say he's a 6 foot 6 space shuttle door gunner with a 14" penis.

Internet dating is perfect for FNB, since he has already proven to have zero qualms about lying online, he can doctor up his farmersonly.com profile to say he's a 6 foot 6 space shuttle door gunner with a 14" penis.

This coming from the guy who insisted that Bob wants to “round up and exterminate Muslins”

What is BUFU?

The racist opposite of FUBU is the only thing I can guess.

So obsessed. What would anyone even do with a 14" dick? Seems like a huge inconvenience.

Reactions: btbones
So obsessed. What would anyone even do with a 14" dick? Seems like a huge inconvenience.

Remember when I said me having to explain everything to you guys really takes the fun out of it? That still holds true. But let me break it down for you yet again. It's not an obsession when I reply with an on topic response to a thread you created (that's what internet message boards are for). It is an obsession for you to bring up my name in a completely unrelated thread (like you did in the shooting thread, added bonus you lied about me)..

Remember when I said me having to explain everything to you guys really takes the fun out of it? That still holds true. But let me break it down for you yet again. It's not an obsession when I reply with an on topic response to a thread you created (that's what internet message boards are for). It is an obsession for you to bring up my name in a completely unrelated thread (like you did in the shooting thread, added bonus you lied about me)..
I’ve discovered what you are actually obsessed with . It’s yourself

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT