ADVERTISEMENT

INTERVIEW: Brandon Helwig - Publisher at ucfsports.com on UCF's move to the Big 12

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
On this week's Sons of UCF LIVE, we look back at UCF's journey to the Big 12 with Brandon Helwig, Publisher at ucfsports.com. Then, we welcome in Jonathan Wallhauser, National Longboard Champion with the UCF Surf Team.

Thanks for watching here.

Thanks for clicking here for the audio version of this week's Show.

We were the #1 party club in the 80s as well. Mostly people who surfed and wanted to get rides to the beach and party people. UF, UNF, FIT, UCF were the main surfing schools. I didn't have a car the 4 years I went to UCF so I used the club for rides to the beach. My friend Bill was Prez and we got use of the UCF van to ride to contest and practice. We had good times as I'm sure the current club does as well. I'm from Satellite beach as well so could totally relate to that interview. One of the reasons I picked UCF over UF is the proximity to the beach. New Smyrna was a regular destination along with where the NSSA surf contest were. I was also on the UCF Ultimate team (Dogs of War) and they are still a team and a good one. Look into interviewing them. Ultimate people are interesting. I wish I could still play ultimate. But, now just mountain bike and surf.

Reactions: ucf1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT