Is Donald going to make a Comeback?

Crazyhole

Diamond Knight
Jun 4, 2004
No it doesn't. Moments like this give me hope that I'm not interacting with a representative portion of the population but rather people who can't do basic math.
I stand corrected, you are correct that my math is off. 79% of those that have already voted plus 21% of those who haven't voted means it will be more like a 30 point Biden victory.

Boosted87

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Brevard
Better look at the first poll you shared. It shows an advantage for Biden in those that haven't voted as well.
You're right! I didn't catch that and read it the other way. Pretty sure it's a typo and that should be flipped.

Boosted87

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Brevard
I stand corrected, you are correct that my math is off. 79% of those that have already voted plus 21% of those who haven't voted means it will be more like a 30 point Biden victory.
The YouGov poll has Biden around +7, so consistent with a typo.

Point still stands - no evidence in polling data I've seen that Biden isn't clobbering Trump with the early vote, and that Trump is going to clobber Biden on election day.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2011
You don't know how many people are going to vote.

Crazyhole

Diamond Knight
Jun 4, 2004
You don't know how many people are going to vote.
Ok math wizard, explain how a 79 point advantage plus a 21 point advantage amounts to anything less than a 21 point win for Biden?

No wonder your dad left when you were 4.

hemightbejeremy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2011
Ok math wizard, explain how a 79 point advantage plus a 21 point advantage amounts to anything less than a 21 point win for Biden?

Early

Biden 87 votes
Trump 9 votes

Later

Biden 400 votes
Trump 600 votes

Biden 78 point spread in early
Trump 20 point spread in later

Biden 44 percent of vote
Trump 56 percent of vote

math

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2011

When I explain basic math to you will you admit that you're a dumb bitch?

DaShuckster

Golden Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Trump campaigned IN OMAHA tonight. What's up with THAT???!? That's one electoral college vote he won in 2016.

In contrast, Joe Biden is taking tomorrow off to get an updated coronavirus briefing. Geez, it's a week before election day and Biden is already acting more presidential than Trump ever did in 3 and a half years!!!

_glaciers

Five-Star Recruit
Feb 25, 2020
Trump campaigned IN OMAHA tonight. What's up with THAT???!? That's one electoral college vote he won in 2016.

In contrast, Joe Biden is taking tomorrow off to get an updated coronavirus briefing. Geez, it's a week before election day and Biden is already acting more presidential than Trump ever did in 3 and a half years!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Ucfmikes

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2011
Sure. When I prove your reading comprehension skills are lacking will you admit that you're a dumb bitch?
90 - 10 voted (10% of the population)

60 - 40 haven't voted yet (90% of the population)

Now here's where it gets tricky.

Let's pretend no one who said they were going to vote for Biden actually goes to the polls and votes and everyone who said they were going to vote for Trump does.

Trump wins by 60%

You have no idea who will actually vote so assuming a 21 point victory is dumb.

The most reliable Democrats have likely already voted. Just because the Democrats left favor Biden doesn't mean they will show up. Trump chuds will vote on election day no matter what because their master told them to. So, a 21 point win for Biden is far from guaranteed with these results but it's still plausible that's how they polled.

Crazyhole

Diamond Knight
Jun 4, 2004
90 - 10 voted (10% of the population)

60 - 40 haven't voted yet (90% of the population)

Now here's where it gets tricky.

Let's pretend no one who said they were going to vote for Biden actually goes to the polls and votes and everyone who said they were going to vote for Trump does.

Trump wins by 60%

You have no idea who will actually vote so assuming a 21 point victory is dumb.

The most reliable Democrats have likely already voted. Just because the Democrats left favor Biden doesn't mean they will show up. Trump chuds will vote on election day no matter what because their master told them to. So, a 21 point win for Biden is far from guaranteed with these results but it's still plausible that's how they polled.
So you agree that this poll is bunk. Based on their numbers and assuming that early voting is in the 25-35% range like what we keep hearing, Biden wins by 40 points, 68-28. I guess that's what you get when you do internet polls.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2011
So you agree that this poll is bunk. Based on their numbers and assuming that early voting is in the 25-35% range like what we keep hearing, Biden wins by 40 points, 68-28. I guess that's what you get when you do internet polls.
Early voting is 10% in PA, at the time this poll was taken. Probably less because that's based on 2016 numbers.

Crazyhole

Diamond Knight
Jun 4, 2004
Early voting is 10% in PA, at the time this poll was taken. Probably less because that's based on 2016 numbers.
Ok, so if their polling is correct and the "haven't voted yet" numbers are flipped, Trump wins by 11 points. If the numbers aren't flipped, Biden wins by 27 points. Either way, Yougov shouldn't have put this poll out because it's wrong if only 10% have voted.

Crazyhole

Diamond Knight
Jun 4, 2004

District 2 is a swing vote. Why wouldn't he campaign there?

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
Remember when inbred MAGAt morons said trump wasn't divisive? Lmao these people are dumber than horse shit.

• Dislike
Reactions: Ucfmikes