ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a lawsuit against CFP?

Good listen. I suspect DW and the AAC will look more into this after the bowl-season is over. This inequitable playing field isn't going away. The attorney brings up a lot of interesting view-points. This could easily happen to other G5 teams in the future so the leagues need to unite and make this fight a priority. It's UCF this year, but who's to say Boise, Houston, Fresno State could potentially be in this same situation in the future. In fact, Boise would probably be in our seat if they didn't lose to Okie State, but would their leadership had balls to lead the charge?

I would think all the G5s would jump on, but the professor said something to the affect of, "class actions always start with one"

BSU has the Senator in congress on their side. WHEN BSU was undefeated their Congressmen were going to look into revoking their tax exempt status if BSU was left out if they finished undefeated,

but BSU Lost and the P5's arses was saved. this is the 2nd year in a row where you guys got the shaft. its been a very long time since any FBS school as had back to back undefeated seasons

in fact I was surprised that Alabama didn't throw that game to get Georgia into the CFB Playoff

I'm not a lawyer, but based on what I know about business and what others in the legal field are saying, there seems to be enough here to warrant a case.

Which is why I am really surprised the committee did not put UCF in the playoff this year. If they had, then they could say, "see, there is a path." What's the likelihood another team makes the run UCF has made the past 2 years? Very slim. To me, the best way for the CFP to protect their invitational for the future was to include UCF in the playoff this year.

Thankfully their stubbornness and ignorance blinds them and I hope someone sues for the rightful consideration of all FBS teams.

There should be bonafide criteria that is clearly stated upfront on how to earn your place into the playoff.

For example, how is strength of schedule measured and determined? No one knows and that's why it is a measurement that is always moving and is manipulated to serve an agenda.

the problem starts with the media ie: ESPN, constantly putting the non power 5 teams as being beneath the P5 and as such teams like UCF when they go undefeated are labeled as not playing teams at the same level as the P5 level.

even at the P5 level there is a pecking order as to certain team will get more credit than others. being a Iowa I see this happen all to often.
Iowa was rated in the top 20 then they lost and dropped all the way out of the top 25.

ISU a team Iowa beat has the same record at 8-4 is in the top 25 and Iowa is barely getting votes. Iowa was punished for not beating Nebraska by enough points.

Iowa has beat Michigan 5 out of the 6 and KF leads the head to head matchups, but it Michigan that gets all the hype, same with PSU KF leads in the head to head and yet Iowa gets little to no credit.

Apparently Dan Ravicher specializes in AntiTrust and has a law degree from UVA. If he's is willing to take this and start the process, I say hire him under a contingency arrangement and let him run w/it.

Reactions: knightraveler
Apparently Dan Ravicher specializes in AntiTrust and has a law degree from UVA. If he's is willing to take this and start the process, I say hire him under a contingency arrangement and let him run w/it.

You will need many lawyers to compete with the P5 cartel. They will throw all the big guns at us. Eventually this will have to become a class action.

I didn't listen to the podcast but if this is all about UCF not getting in the cfp hard to argue seriously since your sos is ranked 90th. They did not beat one ranked team. Many teams would go undefeated with an AAC schedule. The Missouri Memphis game was quite telling. You will have to scheduled some better games if you want to be up with the big boys.

I didn't listen to the podcast but if this is all about UCF not getting in the cfp hard to argue seriously since your sos is ranked 90th. They did not beat one ranked team. Many teams would go undefeated with an AAC schedule. The Missouri Memphis game was quite telling. You will have to scheduled some better games if you want to be up with the big boys.
What was Clemson’s SOS? Not much better

Reactions: SublimeKnight
They are ranked 48 and have beaten I believe two top 25. Not great but they also have legacy points for the last few years as a teir 1 program. But still I believe they deserve to be there.

The argument is that the committee that comes up with the top 25 is corrupt and your proof against that is the top 25 they produce?

The argument is that the committee that comes up with the top 25 is corrupt and your proof against that is the top 25 they produce?
What at is the proof they are corrupt? And only the top four really count. I guess I fail to see what the argument is. But like I said I didn't listen to the podcast so I'm going blind here.

Before you peel more egg off your face, do yourself a favor and listen.

Reactions: knightraveler

1. You are missing the point entirely. A true playoff is not set on people's opinions it's gives everyone an opportunity. If you are undefeated you deserve to prove it on the field. You can argue all you want about who's better but unless you play the games you don't know. UCF should have a tougher schedule, well Oklahoma shouldn't have lost. You can make any argument you want, that's why until it's expanded and every conference champ or heck each power 5 conference champ plus top G5 with some wild cards that would allow any other undefeated team in, it's not a real playoff. It's no different than the previous system. It's actually worse. At least that let computers decide rather than a committee.
2. I love how when discussing how many top 25 teams a team has beat, if you are in a power 5 conference you get credit for teams that were top 25 when you played them but no longer and teams that weren't top 25 when you played them but now are. Teams from G5 don't get credit unless the team is ranked from start to finish. We pounded Cincinnati we beat them and dropped out because of how bad we beat them. LSU beat two teams that ended ranked but all season long you hear how they beat 4 top 25 teams. Ignoring the fact that Miami lost 5 games and ole miss had a losing.
3. To point to the Missouri Memphis game as some kind of reason why UCF shouldn't be include is laughable on so many levels it's not worth getting in to.

1. You are missing the point entirely. A true playoff is not set on people's opinions it's gives everyone an opportunity. If you are undefeated you deserve to prove it on the field. You can argue all you want about who's better but unless you play the games you don't know. UCF should have a tougher schedule, well Oklahoma shouldn't have lost. You can make any argument you want, that's why until it's expanded and every conference champ or heck each power 5 conference champ plus top G5 with some wild cards that would allow any other undefeated team in, it's not a real playoff. It's no different than the previous system. It's actually worse. At least that let computers decide rather than a committee.
2. I love how when discussing how many top 25 teams a team has beat, if you are in a power 5 conference you get credit for teams that were top 25 when you played them but no longer and teams that weren't top 25 when you played them but now are. Teams from G5 don't get credit unless the team is ranked from start to finish. We pounded Cincinnati we beat them and dropped out because of how bad we beat them. LSU beat two teams that ended ranked but all season long you hear how they beat 4 top 25 teams. Ignoring the fact that Miami lost 5 games and ole miss had a losing.
3. To point to the Missouri Memphis game as some kind of reason why UCF shouldn't be include is laughable on so many levels it's not worth getting in to.
Well.. No offense but pretty much everyone in the country, outside UCF fans,
agree that UCF did not earn a spot. You want to earn a spot at the big boys table, don't order off the kids menu. I have a feeling LSU will end all this chatter.

agree that UCF did not earn a spot. You want to earn a spot at the big boys table, don't order off the kids menu. I have a feeling LSU will end all this chatter.

ND is 0-5 in current NY6 bowls since 2000. Almost all (all but 1 I think) blowouts and giving up more than 40 pts.

UCF is 2-0 against top 10 teams in NY6 the last 5 years in the only opportunities since 2000.

Who doesn’t belong is obvious...ND. ND will get blown out again this year and will be 0-6 either way.

UCF is just asking for a chance. And can’t possibly perform as bad as ND has without many many more opportunities and blowing it hard every time.

agree that UCF did not earn a spot. You want to earn a spot at the big boys table, don't order off the kids menu. I have a feeling Auburn will end all this chatter. - Virtually EVERY so called "expert" Dec 2017

agree that UCF did not earn a spot. You want to earn a spot at the big boys table, don't order off the kids menu. I have a feeling Auburn will end all this chatter. - Virtually EVERY so called "expert" Dec 2017

The talking heads never get tired of laughing at us and putting us down. If they all were not part of the cartel conspiracy they wouldn't have a job. They look like fools.

I have a feeling LSU will end all this chatter.

I disagree. If UCF has moderate success early, their tempo will wear down the LSU front four who are used to going against more power based offenses. I don't think UCF taking deep shots early will work (probably won't have the time when LSU's front is fresh), but later in the game it could open up. Of course that is assuming the quick side to side passes work early and there is at least some running. If UCF gets in a bunch 3rd and long early on, it could get ugly. LSU has a very good pass rush.

I disagree. If UCF has moderate success early, their tempo will wear down the LSU front four who are used to going against more power based offenses. I don't think UCF taking deep shots early will work (probably won't have the time when LSU's front is fresh), but later in the game it could open up. Of course that is assuming the quick side to side passes work early and there is at least some running. If UCF gets in a bunch 3rd and long early on, it could get ugly. LSU has a very good pass rush.
Our line was able to handle Auburn last year and can handle LSU. Though i think you are right that we should do some quick tosses to open them up some. The 4 rbs should be able to chip away at them as well

Our line was able to handle Auburn last year and can handle LSU. Though i think you are right that we should do some quick tosses to open them up some. The 4 rbs should be able to chip away at them as well

Your line handled them because Milton was magic that game. He made great decisions and ran for over 100 yards. It will be a good test for Mack. He’ll need to be ready to pull it down and run, even when a QB draw isn’t called.

Your line handled them because Milton was magic that game. He made great decisions and ran for over 100 yards. It will be a good test for Mack. He’ll need to be ready to pull it down and run, even when a QB draw isn’t called.
Milton was anything but. He missed the first half going 3-16 passing.

Well pretty much everyone outside the P5 thinks UCF should be in the playoffs.

I created an account just to post this. You guys have a lot more fans of what you’re doing than you think. As an IU fan, I own a UCF national champs shirt.
Another point I haven’t seen here - if this same committee had the decision in CBB Virginia wouldn’t have had the opportunity to lose to UMBC and Loyola never would have sniffed the tournament either. That’s why you play the games.

And no one outside of Philadelphia thought they would beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl last year and no one outside of UCF thought UCF would beat Auburn last year. That’s why every other sport in America other than college football has this crazy concept of settling it on the field or court rather than have a comittee pick who they think is most worthy.

They are ranked 48 and have beaten I believe two top 25. Not great but they also have legacy points for the last few years as a teir 1 program. But still I believe they deserve to be there.

What the **** are legacy points.and why do they matter?

Same here. I LMAO when I read the line about “legacy points.” lol
Clemson has been a teir 1 program since the cfp committee has been started. They have been in the playoffs every year. While it's been only four years I believe it still relevant. That's what I meant by legacy points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT