ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anything going on before the Spring Game?

Haha. It’s country. We need some rock and classic rock.

Last edited:
Nothing like classic rock to get the blood pumping. At least the order fans. Not sure how the students feel about it.
They need to mix it up. The fans aren’t all young country music fans. When I was a student, a lot of us liked both new and classic rock

They need to mix it up. The fans aren’t all young country music fans. When I was a student, a lot of us liked both new and classic rock
Granted you have people that like different types of music, but I think Hip Hop is most popular to today’s kids.

Problem is that most people that go to the games aren’t students
Yes but with 60 K students it would make more sense to try and get them to go. Older people won’t go because of a musical act but some students may. It probably doesn’t matter who they get so they should just get who is cheaper. A country guy I never heard of probably is.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Yes but with 60 K students it would make more sense to try and get them to go. Older people won’t go because of a musical act but some students may. It probably doesn’t matter who they get so they should just get who is cheaper. A country guy I never heard of probably is.
Yeah, they should probably just go cheaper. Most of the students party and tailgate a good distance from that area and don’t go inside. I’ve attended 2 concerts. One was last year’s spring game and the older fans and their families attended. I don’t think that the students care, but it attract some to go inside. It’s more of an additional activity as part of the pregame festivities and overal experience. I don’t think that it’s attracting additional onal fans to the game. Maybe the spring game, because it’s basically free. It’s a good idea for that, but not as necessary for the regular season games.

Last edited:
Besides the "garage sale" or whatever they are calling it.

I hear there is going to be an Alabama fan hunt in the woods next to campus.

We're gonna trap a few Alabama fans, let em' loose in the woods with a 5 minute head start, then we'll all go catch them and beat the GD ****ing shit out of them and then duct tape them to the goalposts.

Reactions: Mikesi
I hear there is going to be an Alabama fan hunt in the woods next to campus.

We're gonna trap a few Alabama fans, let em' loose in the woods with a 5 minute head start, then we'll all go catch them and beat the GD ****ing shit out of them and then duct tape them to the goalposts.
I’m in

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Danny White always going with country is the one head-scratching decision.

Not at all... country is very popular with today’s students. A good percentage of Orlando and thenUCF student population identifies with and likes country. It’s a safe option. The classic rock bands in the same price range wouldn’t draw anywhere near the same following.

It’s a safe option. The classic rock bands in the same price range wouldn’t draw anywhere near the same following.

This ^^^^. It's not controversial in any way and lots of people either like country or, at least, don't mind it. Some of us need to understand that "classic rock" appeals to dad's and grandpa's. And trying to convince ourselves that our kids and grandkids like it too doesn't make it so.

Not at all... country is very popular with today’s students. A good percentage of Orlando and thenUCF student population identifies with and likes country. It’s a safe option. The classic rock bands in the same price range wouldn’t draw anywhere near the same following.
that's news to me. I've always seen UCF's student body as a huge EDM school

Last edited:
EDM for sure. Look at Ultra that was just in Miami. I still say that a fair amount of students like rock and classic rock.

Mikesi,

I usually agree with you point of view but here:

Classic rock:

biker_babe_side.jpg

d52a533af57b767107d3f072ea5b6844.jpg

I'm a little surprised and disappointed that the game is not being broadcast anywhere. We are the innovative social media program that can't get the Spring broadcast on any platform?

The only classic rock young people might like are the artists that would never be playing UCF's spring game. You either get Kansas on the high end or some cover band fronted by a middle aged fat guy on the low end. There are no new up and coming acts playing classic rock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT