ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the part where Cinderella..

s2yrw.jpg

.....hears about the princes ball and wants to go but the wicked stepmother keeps making her scrub away? Poooor knights, your chances of seeing the playoffs are as glim as that water in the mop bucket.
Looks like your getting Kelly gator guy.

Was listening to "Off Campus" on XM on my way home from work. A nebraska fan called in asking about their next coach. The caller seemed level headed even saying Frost would be smart to stay in Florida where it's easier to recruit. The host had some hard truths for him.
"You need a recruiter more than an Xs and Os guy, to get kids to come to Lincoln"

"Pick up a game program and look at these kids' birthdays. They were born in '99. You and I remember the Osborne years, they weren't even born yet. You might as well be talking about the Gipper to them."

Was listening to "Off Campus" on XM on my way home from work. A nebraska fan called in asking about their next coach. The caller seemed level headed even saying Frost would be smart to stay in Florida where it's easier to recruit. The host had some hard truths for him.
"You need a recruiter more than an Xs and Os guy, to get kids to come to Lincoln"

"Pick up a game program and look at these kids' birthdays. They were born in '99. You and I remember the Osborne years, they weren't even born yet. You might as well be talking about the Gipper to them."
I agree. We recruit coast to coast. The next coach needs to sell the future and not pitch the past. Stars are one thing but actually recognizing fit talent and potential is more important.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Nebraska reminds me of ND a few years ago. They are trying to live off their past instead of selling the future. That culture will kill the program if they don't change. ND modernized and went outside the ND family and turned things around.

I understand Nebraska did try with hiring coaches and offensive identity, but they still aren't seen as innovative and have almost zero "cool factor". That matters to teenagers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT