ADVERTISEMENT

It feels like this program is stagnant

Let me say that this could change if UCF beats the Gators. However, it feels like all the momentum of going to the big 12 is dead. Cincinnati has taken our spot as the best G5 team and has all the momentum in the world. Meanwhile, we had to endure a painful to watch season. It felt like every game was a chore to watch rather than it be something to build on. We have no qb while people are making the weird comparisons between KZ and Dinovo 2.0 and all the fire power and excitement is on the defense.

I expected there to be massive buzz about our best recruiting class ever. But there’s not. It’s just Gus struck out on every single transfer target he’s gone after this off season. That’s the narrative. He says we’ll add 10 more players, but from where? Then there’s the weird situation with the o line recruits something that Auburn fans warned about and as a uf grad school alum something sec teams all knew about Gus. He always messes with the o line recruits and it costs his teams dearly. It just feels like something is rotten within this program. Blame Heupel all you want, but he’s not the coach anymore and this is stemming from what he’s doing.

No one wants to watch this offense. It’s like getting a root canal. That’s why attendance dropped towards the end. We gave Gus a chance to correct his offense philosophy and now we’ve lost all momentum from the fan base. Seriously read the dungeon and read every other message board connected to UCF. There’s nothing but concern. This is well founded despite some shills saying you aren’t a true fan unless you pretend Mikey is kz 2.0 and Gus is a offensive genius. That doesn’t match reality and the fact that our two best playmakers want nothing to do with Gus should send giant red flares up in every UCF fan. This is not healthy. Something is very wrong here and to ignore it is not good. It feels like the 2015 off season. not that we are going winless, but that we are in for a painful next year now gus is probably going to promote Hinshaw. So our offensive staff will not be fun and exciting, but filled with a guy who was fired from Auburn, one fired from Kentucky and one fired from Texas . That’s awful.

Now if we lose to uf this will be an awful hit to the program. If we get humiliated then we are so f ucked on the trail. You have no idea. If uf humiliates us then all that buzz about us going to the big 12 will be dead. Now again THIS CAN CHANGE IF WE BEAT UF. But this program is not healthy and to pretend it is just seems wrong.

I never wanted Gus. I wanted Brian Johnson, Chadwell, or Dan Lanning. I wanted to avoid our Charlie strong and it feels like we made a mistake
Captain negativity! Well we beat the Gators in front of a national audience so I think your entire post was wasted energy. Enjoy the momentum heading into 22!

OP can help it. It’s a a natural progression. Just A new variant of South Florida fan. Another mutation so to speak.

I never wanted Gus. I wanted Brian Johnson, Chadwell, or Dan Lanning. I wanted to avoid our Charlie strong and it feels like we made a mistake
Gus just signed thr best HS Class ever for UCF and now on Christmas Day, he receives a 4 star commit (#1 Player in Sentinel's Top 60 list) for 2023.

Oh yeah...he beat the Gators with a true Freshmen QB too!

So clown a clown like you has nothing to do with running this program.

Uhhhh if you don’t think this game has huge recruiting implications then you’re an idiot. Napier will use this as a recruiting tool to say hey don’t go to UCF. They aren’t competitive. Yeah this is a huge game especially on recruiting. And since UCF wanted a couple of MY players yeah this is pretty f ucking big.

lol yeah beating the mighty powerhouses like USF and sci then getting killed by Cincinnati and smu sure is impressive. Never once being a serious contender for the aac championship game again mighty impressIve.

tchio, Cameron etc all were on campus and didn’t come here. Hell tchio picked a dead gt program over Gus. Nix wouldn’t consider UCF because of Gus
Framed for the prosperity of stupidity.

Thank you jort-wearing sidewalk Gator T-Shirt fan.

I like to go trolling offshore in my boat chasing dolphin.(mahi,) .Trolling is like marriage. you drag bait looking for action. it's periods of boredom punctuated by brief intense moments of excitement. Following your college football team especially recruiting season is like offshore fishing . Some days it's just amazing and other days you hope you don't get skunked .
Thursday was a great day and today that news of the 4 star kid from Apopka committing is yet another great day. Point is tomorrow might be boring or stagnant. I suggest the original poster do some real fishing . Learn some life lessons like win some ,lose some .

Let me say that this could change if UCF beats the Gators. However, it feels like all the momentum of going to the big 12 is dead. Cincinnati has taken our spot as the best G5 team and has all the momentum in the world. Meanwhile, we had to endure a painful to watch season. It felt like every game was a chore to watch rather than it be something to build on. We have no qb while people are making the weird comparisons between KZ and Dinovo 2.0 and all the fire power and excitement is on the defense.

I expected there to be massive buzz about our best recruiting class ever. But there’s not. It’s just Gus struck out on every single transfer target he’s gone after this off season. That’s the narrative. He says we’ll add 10 more players, but from where? Then there’s the weird situation with the o line recruits something that Auburn fans warned about and as a uf grad school alum something sec teams all knew about Gus. He always messes with the o line recruits and it costs his teams dearly. It just feels like something is rotten within this program. Blame Heupel all you want, but he’s not the coach anymore and this is stemming from what he’s doing.

No one wants to watch this offense. It’s like getting a root canal. That’s why attendance dropped towards the end. We gave Gus a chance to correct his offense philosophy and now we’ve lost all momentum from the fan base. Seriously read the dungeon and read every other message board connected to UCF. There’s nothing but concern. This is well founded despite some shills saying you aren’t a true fan unless you pretend Mikey is kz 2.0 and Gus is a offensive genius. That doesn’t match reality and the fact that our two best playmakers want nothing to do with Gus should send giant red flares up in every UCF fan. This is not healthy. Something is very wrong here and to ignore it is not good. It feels like the 2015 off season. not that we are going winless, but that we are in for a painful next year now gus is probably going to promote Hinshaw. So our offensive staff will not be fun and exciting, but filled with a guy who was fired from Auburn, one fired from Kentucky and one fired from Texas . That’s awful.

Now if we lose to uf this will be an awful hit to the program. If we get humiliated then we are so f ucked on the trail. You have no idea. If uf humiliates us then all that buzz about us going to the big 12 will be dead. Now again THIS CAN CHANGE IF WE BEAT UF. But this program is not healthy and to pretend it is just seems wrong.

This aged like milk. Lolololllllll

Ah yes attack the messenger not the message. I forgot some morons do that. But you can’t refute that

A) Gus has struck out on every single transfer so far this offseason. Nix Tchio New Mexico lineman

B) there’s a lot of bad press around the program right now. Just look at the media rankings of first year coaches. Gus was mediocre to bad is the overall message. Uhhhh you think that’s good?

C) we were uncompetitive in the aac this year. That should NEVER happen yet here we are.

d) most think we’re going to get killed in the bowl game. That would be an utter humiliation and kill momentum.
You seem to be a very negative person. I pray you feel happiness in the new year.

B12 membership alone shows we’re trending upwards…P5 membership and all its benefits ($$$, recruiting advantages, perception, more) has been the long term goal…..add a 9 win season and win over UF..and we’re still trending up.…..and one thing is for sure….at least we’re not the USF Chickiepoos who are praying FAU also doesn’t leave them in their rear view mirror….now …..USF ,that is what stagnation/regression looks like.

B12 membership alone shows we’re trending upwards…P5 membership and all its benefits ($$$, recruiting advantages, perception, more) has been the long term goal…..add a 9 win season and win over UF..and we’re still trending up.…..and one thing is for sure….at least we’re not the USF Chickiepoos who are praying FAU also doesn’t leave them in their rear view mirror….now …..USF ,that is what stagnation/regression looks like.
64-12…..haha. They still bring this up.

64-12…..haha. They still bring this up.
Hahaha. Them bringing this up always make me think of the line from American Pie… “This one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute up my…”
It’s like their favorite UCF memory and they just cant help bring it up any chance they get. At his point, what else have they really got??? 🤣

I do
So do some of us, including me! It sucked and I don’t blame them for holding onto it.
So do some of us, including me! It sucked and I don’t blame them for holding onto it.
I don’t blame them either since I’m old enough to remember it. But it gets old in terms of any incoming freshman (especially a football recruit) was about 4 years old when it happened.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Lmao I thought this was satire

UCF has insane momentum. Interestingly I’ve felt worse about the program since signing up here. It’s very easy to focus on perceived opps / shortfalls because that’s easier to endlessly dissect vs focusing on the positive

log off lol. We’re going to a P5, growing our tv revenue, have a coach who has delivered our best recruiting class yet.. we beat Florida. UCF is in a great place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT