ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you John Hitt

hendu1976fl

Five-Star Recruit
Feb 23, 2011
I have previously posted this thread, but I think about it more and more each day with conference realignment and the possibility of super conferences forming. To think of where we were in 1992 when he took over and where we are now, it simply is not possible. 99 out of 100 college presidents could not have made this happen. As a UCF fan I am truly grateful for what he has done for us.

Look at other schools around us. USF, got left in the dust, even with a call up before us. A school like Memphis, who has had their ups and downs, but a lot of ups in men's hoops. We passed them by. ECU was a strong team in football throughout the 80's and 90's. We left them behind. As a kid growing up in Arkansas, I knew a heck of a lot more about Southern Miss than I did about UCF when I moved down here in '93. At that point UCF stood for U Can't Finish. Where are they now (also, lets no schedule them anytime soon, they always seem to have our number!!!!!!!)

30 years later, we are no longer in FCS. WE play at the highest level and can honestly compete for national championships starting this fall. All because one man had a vision of what UCF could be. Thank you John Hitt. Whatever success we have as an athletics program, as an institution for higher learning, we as fans, most of us as alumni (very few Wal-Mart fans in our crowd) owe it to his vision of what UCF could be! Scratch that, what UCF will become! Charge on!!!!!

Thank God for him and his hire of Danny White ..changed our ceiling forever

If Terry was our AD at the time we would be stuck for at least a decade. 22-23 academic year has to be one of our most unimpressive athletics performances in years. Only Track is doing well

Last edited:
I'm sure the athletic department is going to hold-out for a big donation before they name it after Hitt.

I have previously posted this thread, but I think about it more and more each day with conference realignment and the possibility of super conferences forming. To think of where we were in 1992 when he took over and where we are now, it simply is not possible. 99 out of 100 college presidents could not have made this happen. As a UCF fan I am truly grateful for what he has done for us.

Look at other schools around us. USF, got left in the dust, even with a call up before us. A school like Memphis, who has had their ups and downs, but a lot of ups in men's hoops. We passed them by. ECU was a strong team in football throughout the 80's and 90's. We left them behind. As a kid growing up in Arkansas, I knew a heck of a lot more about Southern Miss than I did about UCF when I moved down here in '93. At that point UCF stood for U Can't Finish. Where are they now (also, lets no schedule them anytime soon, they always seem to have our number!!!!!!!)

30 years later, we are no longer in FCS. WE play at the highest level and can honestly compete for national championships starting this fall. All because one man had a vision of what UCF could be. Thank you John Hitt. Whatever success we have as an athletics program, as an institution for higher learning, we as fans, most of us as alumni (very few Wal-Mart fans in our crowd) owe it to his vision of what UCF could be! Scratch that, what UCF will become! Charge on!!!!!
John Hitt was the man! Steve Orsini had the vision and paved the way for our stadium, new arena, and athletic complex. Many people layed the foundation for our success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT