ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Airietta tosses no hitter on Reds

Saw every moment of it. Arrieta has been absolute money since the All-Star break last year. His stuff is nasty.

But don't count your chickens, dude. It's a very long season. The Cubs have to start hitting. If they do that and combine it with the pitching thus far, it could be a special season.

I think everyone knew the Cubs would be good this season. What is TBD is if they can whether the eventual injury bugs and get through the grind of the summer. I highly doubt they'll stay on the .750 pace they're currently on and they've got 2-3 really good teams behind them.

What's incredible is the Cubs are +60 right now in RS/RA. The Cards are at +31 which is 2nd best in the MLB and typically would be leading.

The biggest surprise is how well Hamell and Hendricks are pitching. There's definitely a drop off after Lackey but it's not as pronounced as last year. I agree on the hitting, Maddon's going to have to decide if Soler is his every day left fielder. Szczur has really produced well with limited playing time so far.

The biggest surprise is how well Hamell and Hendricks are pitching. There's definitely a drop off after Lackey but it's not as pronounced as last year. I agree on the hitting, Maddon's going to have to decide if Soler is his every day left fielder. Szczur has really produced well with limited playing time so far.

Jason Hammel is good just about every year during the first half. It's the second half that's always iffy. He did report to spring training in MUCH better shape so hopefully that will go a long way towards a complete finish this season.

I know the Reds suck and were expected to suck but damn to get no hit AND give up 16 is just brutal.

What's the stat line? Something like 11-0 with a .59 ERA since the first no-no.... Insane

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT