ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Sessions Lied Under Oath - Had Contact w/ Russian Ambassador

He met with the Russian Ambassador in his official capacity on the armed services panel, not in his capacity as a Trump adviser.

I've been critical of Trump this first month but this seems like some at the Washington Post being upset that he had the most positive 24 hours of his Presidency so they drop this to get conspiracy circular talk to end the night on cable news.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
He met with the Russian Ambassador in his official capacity on the armed services panel, not in his capacity as a Trump adviser.

I've been critical of Trump this first month but this seems like some at the Washington Post being upset that he had the most positive 24 hours of his Presidency so they drop this to get conspiracy circular talk to end the night on cable news.

It's more about straight up lying about it when asked about it.

Is this the racist Alabamian that won't let me smoke weed? If the accusations in my first sentence are true, I think he has lied under the oath of his heart. He dies not see himself as he truly us. That is much worse. He has purged his soul. He will be dust soon enough.

Happy Ash Wednesday!

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Is this the racist Alabamian that won't let me smoke weed? If the accusations in my first sentence are true, I think he has lied under the oath of his heart. He dies not see himself as he truly us. That is much worse. He has purged his soul. He will be dust soon enough.

Happy Ash Wednesday!
that's such a stupid battle for him to pick

It's more than this. He is the ONLY one of 26 on the armed services committee to seek out discussions with known intelligence and spy recruiter Ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

There's too much smoke here. It just keeps building and building. Manafort, Flynn, now Sessions. There's something here and the investigations will find it.

If Sessions truly believes he did nothing wrong he should recuse himself and let an independent prosecutor takeover.

It's more than this. He is the ONLY one of 26 on the armed services committee to seek out discussions with known intelligence and spy recruiter Ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

There's too much smoke here. It just keeps building and building. Manafort, Flynn, now Sessions. There's something here and the investigations will find it.

If Sessions truly believes he did nothing wrong he should recuse himself and let an independent prosecutor takeover.

Such juicy sensationalism

Dude lied to congress. Needs to resign immediately. Doesn't matter why or how he was talking to Russia, he was straight up asked if he had and he said no. If he "forgot" his multiple meetings with Russian officials that is a bit scarier, an old forgetful man as The top cop in our country.

He was asked if he had any conversations about the Trump campaign with Russia. He said no. There is no proof that's a lie. He was a Senator on the arms committee. It was his job to talk with other countries. He spoke with over 30 ambassadors from other countries during the election cycle.

He was asked if he had any conversations about the Trump campaign with Russia. He said no. There is no proof that's a lie. He was a Senator on the arms committee. It was his job to talk with other countries. He spoke with over 30 ambassadors from other countries during the election cycle.

Lmao. You spin more than a dryer.

I imagine your big ass explains all the grease stains on your shirt as,"OOHHHHHHHH THAT'S NOT FROM ME!!!! OVER 30 PEOPLE WORE THIS BEFORE I DID!!!!"

Reactions: NinjaKnight
He wasn't candid in his job interview period. Try applying to a job with the FBI and misleading during the interview and see how fast you get cut. This is the top cop in our country and he cannot be trusted?

Lying to congress - totally cool
6 grams of pot? 25-Life

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
What spin? When a Senator endorses a candidate they should stop doing their job?

He wasn't candid in his job interview period. Try applying to a job with the FBI and misleading during the interview and see how fast you get cut. This is the top cop in our country and he cannot be trusted?

6 grams of pot? 25-Life

Reactions: USFSucks
Dude lied to congress. Needs to resign immediately. Doesn't matter why or how he was talking to Russia, he was straight up asked if he had and he said no. If he "forgot" his multiple meetings with Russian officials that is a bit scarier, an old forgetful man as The top cop in our country.
And obama's AG not only lied to Congress's but was held in contempt of congress. bq, were you outraged for that as well?

Yes lying under oath should get you fired. Whether democrat or even republican. Normal citizen goes to jail for lying under oath.
Okay, just wanted the ground rules because not only did both of obama's AG's do this very same thing so did countless others under Obama including his SOS and Treasury secratries.

Reactions: drays21

6 grams of pot? 25-Life

Clinton lies to Congress under oath - totally cool
Session does his job as Senator - OMFG RUSSIA FAUX RAGE!!!

You Trump circle jerkers can try and spin this all you want. There's too much smoke here. Every week another member of his cabinet or staff is revealed to have had connections to Russia during the campaign. And what did Trump do? He called on Russia to hack his opponent and sucked Putin's dick every time he got the chance. Luckily we have independent investigations looking into this. Sessions needs to recuse himself.

But keep on spinning.

Sessions was asked a question about the Trump campaign communicating with the Russians. Sessions answers that question by saying he has been called a surrogate and has not communicated with the Russians. It's pretty clear Sessions answer was in regard to the campaign and not his job.

Clinton lies to Congress under oath - totally cool
Session does his job as Senator - OMFG RUSSIA FAUX RAGE!!!
No Clinton lying to congress likely cost her He presidency. Definitely not totally cool. Sessions lying to congr as you are actually saying is totally cool.

If it was his job why did he lie about It? What was as he hiding?

Our current president pushed a stupid Birther agenda for 6 years, there are countless right wing personaliTies that made millions off faux outrage so sorry if it looks hypocritical to see conservatives gasping at legitimate concern over each new scandal that comes out

Sessions has minimal deniability here. He wasn't asked a direct question about *his* ties, but rather Trump campaign's ties. Granted Sessions was part of the campaign, but he's kind of glossing over that.

I think he will be forced to resign, partially because the pressure will get too much for him to do so.

He does have a case to say he didn't lie, however, given the political climate, it was pretty dumb for him to just not mention it when he was asked about Russian contacts. Should have just disclosed those meetings up front, would have saved him a lot of trouble.

"I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians," Sessions said

I eagerly await your next spin now that you have been proven to either:
A) Be a liar
B) Be senile
(much like Sessions)

Also to all you morons saying "Holder did it too!!!" You do realize it is possible for you to want both of them punished, right? I swear you all think this is a sports game with 2 Teams that you should cheer for no matter what. It is possible to have a favorite candidate, but not approve of 100% of what they do. I was even more outraged over Holder's actions than Sessions (so far), he was an absolute POS that literally killed Americans by giving guns to Mexican cartels.

"I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians," Sessions said

A) Be a liar
B) Be senile
(much like Sessions)

Also to all you morons saying "Holder did it too!!!" You do realize it is possible for you to want both of them punished, right? I swear you all think this is a sports game with 2 Teams that you should cheer for no matter what. It is possible to have a favorite candidate, but not approve of 100% of what they do. I was even more outraged over Holder's actions than Sessions (so far), he was an absolute POS that literally killed Americans by giving guns to Mexican cartels.
+1

He has an out with how his statement was presented, but in any case, the investigation will get to the truth. If he acted inappropriately, his head will roll.

I do wonder how many government officials have informal contact with Russia. I bet the number is substantial. As long as those conversations are not revealing anything they shouldn't, there's really no issue. What's the difference between a German diplomat and a Russian one? Just the warped US perception that Russia is the ultimate evil that is trying to destroy us.

A) Be a liar
B) Be senile
(much like Sessions)

What am I lying about. I posted the video. I know what the question was and what he said.

He has an out with how his statement was presented, but in any case, the investigation will get to the truth. If he acted inappropriately, his head will roll.

I do wonder how many government officials have informal contact with Russia. I bet the number is substantial. As long as those conversations are not revealing anything they shouldn't, there's really no issue. What's the difference between a German diplomat and a Russian one? Just the warped US perception that Russia is the ultimate evil that is trying to destroy us.
true, the issue here is not necessarily that he was in contacts with russia, it was that he lied about it and was not candid in his job interview with congress. This gets any average employee fired, someone as important as AG should be held to the same or higher standard.

Funny thing is, if he revealed at the hearing that he has had two minor contacts with russia it likely blows over and is a relative non story. Now it is actually a story that both republicans and democrats are investigating.

The trump playbook will be to play the victim, call this fake news, make up conspiracies about how everyone is out to get them. Fact is he lied and got caught.

I don't get it. How can someone be mad at a politician for being a politician? If you got a pet alligator and it ate one of your children, you couldn't really be mad at the alligator because that's its nature. It's your own fault for trusting the alligator.

Men are not angels and we can't expect then to act as such. This is something the founders knew very well.

I'm glad he recused himself . I don't m is what to think of all of this shit honestly . Even If he did nothing wrong but still wasn't honest intentionally not sure I want him as attorney general . I also don't want to see him gone simply on the basis of the partisan bs witch hunt that's going on . It's unfair and not in the spirit of serving the American people . The medias role can't be down played here either , they have been everything from irresponsible to down right dishonest and unethical at times in their quest to destroy Trump and his rightful presidency ,

I'm glad he recused himself . I don't m is what to think of all of this shit honestly . Even If he did nothing wrong but still wasn't honest intentionally not sure I want him as attorney general . I also don't want to see him gone simply on the basis of the partisan bs witch hunt that's going on . It's unfair and not in the spirit of serving the American people . The medias role can't be down played here either , they have been everything from irresponsible to down right dishonest and unethical at times in their quest to destroy Trump and his rightful presidency ,
Totally agree. I want his ass out of the AG slot but only if there is true and good cause. Of course I don't remember ever liking our AG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT