ADVERTISEMENT

Kaven Call Calls out Gus Malzahn and his minions

For those of you in Knight Nation that don’t smell smoke around our football program…..It’s a basic scientific principle that every Boom leads to Fire and there are Flames raging right now. Question is how much oxygen do we let Gus and TMo continue to blow on said Flames?!?

Barring injury…….If a coach gives you a scholarship and needs you to play to help the team win, then the player has an obligation to his teammates to play. The team is trying to win games. I don’t think playing when needed is an unfair expectation.

I graduated from Apopka and loved it when we finally signed some Apopka boys. So Nikai and Kaven were some of my favorite players to root for, but not playing when needed is not good for the team.

The team is trying to win games and needs depth to overcome injuries, rotate players in for breathers, and have the best players making plays on the field. I’m sure Gus would have let him redshirt if he felt he had depth and didn’t need him to play this year.

It sounds to me as though Gus was completely honest from the get go on his expectations. That’s like getting upset over getting fired after the boss asked me to do something and I chose not to do it. It’s a natural consequence.

Barring injury…….If a coach gives you a scholarship and needs you to play to help the team win, then the player has an obligation to his teammates to play. The team is trying to win games. I don’t think playing when needed is an unfair expectation.

I graduated from Apopka and loved it when we finally signed some Apopka boys. So Nikai and Kaven were some of my favorite players to root for, but not playing when needed is not good for the team.

The team is trying to win games and needs depth to overcome injuries, rotate players in for breathers, and have the best players making plays on the field. I’m sure Gus would have let him redshirt if he felt he had depth and didn’t need him to play this year.

It sounds to me as though Gus was completely honest from the get go on his expectations. That’s like getting upset over getting fired after the boss asked me to do something and I chose not to do it. It’s a natural consequence.
He wasn’t really playing was he? That’s the point in him wanting to RS. He didn’t want to wait until 5 games left to play and burn a year. Unless he was playing. I didn’t see him much.

There could be more to this story. If he was redshirting just to transfer at the end of the year, and the coaches knew it, then why continue to devote time and resources to him? Now he may deny he was going to transfer, but let’s be honest, that is how healthy redshirts are being used by players (or their agents) in this broken system. I’m no fan of Gus but this is only one side of the story.

Reactions: 90Knight
There could be more to this story. If he was redshirting just to transfer at the end of the year, and the coaches knew it, then why continue to devote time and resources to him? Now he may deny he was going to transfer, but let’s be honest, that is how healthy redshirts are being used by players (or their agents) in this broken system. I’m no fan of Gus but this is only one side of the story.
Until he leaves he has all of the resources at his disposal. He was literally telling the coaches not to put time into him. That’s why he announced he was redshirting.

Too much smoke around program to not have fire. Gus has to go.

He wasn’t really playing was he? That’s the point in him wanting to RS. He didn’t want to wait until 5 games left to play and burn a year. Unless he was playing. I didn’t see him much.

Yes, He’s only played in 3 games, but you still need depth. We lucked out with Kelly’s injury not being season ending, but it looked like Kaven was in the 3 deep.

Another injury to a DE and we’re playing walk ons or freshmen not physically developed. We have enough depth at DT to survive John Walker’s injury, but DE is a weak position for us. He’s on scholarship to play and help the team this year and right now.

I tend to side with players when it comes to getting NIL, scholarships, being able to transfer, and not having to sit out. But if I’m a coach who gave you one of my precious scholarships to help our team win games and you tell me you don’t want to play until next year …then that’s not what we agreed to and you’re only thinking about yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT