ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Jefferson Billboards

LoboCane

Bronze Knight
Aug 27, 2021
UCF is renting billboards to put KJ Jefferson in them. He’s a good player but he’s also a 3* transfer that was not even a hot commodity in the portal.

Seriously, what’s the aim of this move? Malzahn should focus on getting the young man a WR1 and some OL help.

I am legit curious about this.

Seriously, what’s the aim of this move?
Gonna be a great year to be a Knight!
Malzahn should focus on getting the young man a WR1 and some OL help.
Gus should have chased Purdue signee CJ Smith once Bryson Rodgers was off the market. UCF needs a true X. Letting FAU OG Kamaar Bell go to South Carolina was another mistake, IMO.

Fortunately, Gus made a host of right moves in other areas. Those are two moves, however, I would love for him to have back, though.

Yeah it seems a bit cringe to me. Maybe they’re trying to set an example to show how “welcoming” we are to potential future transfers. But if you were any of the other transfers, would you be like “uhhh they didn’t make a billboard for me”?

Yeah it seems a bit cringe to me. Maybe they’re trying to set an example to show how “welcoming” we are to potential future transfers. But if you were any of the other transfers, would you be like “uhhh they didn’t make a billboard for me”?
I would think it’s more of an effort to promote him to the fanbase…make an even bigger deal out of it. Kingdom NIL and donations to the football program.

They did it for recruits that are from the Orlando area a year ago I think

Reactions: UCFhonors
No, no , no. They did it to make Miami fans jelly and to get them to post on UCFs Rivals site after they say they are gone .

I think it's kind of cringy . The guy hasn't played a down yet or won us a single game.

Reactions: Collinsco
No, no , no. They did it to make Miami fans jelly and to get them to post on UCFs Rivals site after they say they are gone .

I think it's kind of cringy . The guy hasn't played a down yet or won us a single game.
I am starting to like KJ's chances of winning the QB battle this spring.

• Haha
Reactions: Nautiknight
UCF is renting billboards to put KJ Jefferson in them. He’s a good player but he’s also a 3* transfer that was not even a hot commodity in the portal.

Seriously, what’s the aim of this move? Malzahn should focus on getting the young man a WR1 and some OL help.

and Lobo should focus on UM

Miami wanted him and didn’t get him = “not a hot commodity” to Miami fans lol…classic

Reactions: ReturnOf
I don't think it's cringy. I think it's a smart move. Name recognition is huge for marketing a sport's team. Just can't post on facebook and to get the word out. People stuck in traffic need some UCF exposure as well! :p

Go Knights and Go KJ Jefferson!!!

LOL! I'm legit curious why you are still hanging around here.

This is about getting national attention to the team. If he can somehow be on the Heisman Preseason Watch List it brings more exposure. It’s posturing right now for September and October.
Lmao. Do you really believe that? Other than UCF fans talking about it nobody else is. Dude is a 3* transfer and the #27 QB in the portal. This is about hyping up fans like you.

KJ Jefferson in 2023: 2,107 passing yards, 19 TD, 8 INT, QBR 51.1 (88th in FBS) and 447 rushing yards. On the Heisman Preseason Watch List?Dude…where do you people come up with that stuff?

Last edited:
Miami wanted him and didn’t get him = “not a hot commodity” to Miami fans lol…classic
Lol…wanted him what? Miami never recruited or offered anything to the young man. He was contacted when Ward initially declared for the draft. That was it. Miami had 5 QBs in their portal plans…Ward was the #1 guy and Jefferson was not on Miami’s board.

Lmao. Do you really believe that? Other than UCF fans talking about it nobody else is. Dude is a 3* transfer and the #27 QB in the portal. This is about hyping up fans like you.

KJ Jefferson in 2023: 2,107 passing yards, 19 TD, 8 INT, QBR 51.1 (88th in FBS) and 447 rushing yards. On the Heisman Preseason Watch List?Dude…where do you people come up with that stuff?

Yes. He brings more people talking preseason than anyone else already on roster. JRP wasn’t elite but still had eyes from outside of Orlando mentioning him and us. Also a couple guys stayed because he came. If not we would have lost another RB and WR. At least.

What jumps out at me is being the offensive coordinator at TCU is akin to being the offensive coordinator at UCF.

Before the 2023 season, Garrett Riley bolted for Clemson. He got a big pay raise and ran his offense at Clemson without interference.

Kendal Briles replaced Riley at TCU after Arkansas refused to match Briles' offer at Fort Worth. The TCU offense did not always look like "Briles' offense" at Arkansas.

Along comes KJ Jefferson, who is a perfect fit for the Briles' offense, but not for Sonny Dykes' offense..

TCU doesn't pursue and Jefferson mysteriously falls into Gus's lap.

Let me translate: Briles won't be hanging around long in Fort Worth.

Yes. He brings more people talking preseason than anyone else already on roster. JRP wasn’t elite but still had eyes from outside of Orlando mentioning him and us. Also a couple guys stayed because he came. If not we would have lost another RB and WR. At least.
Well…I agree with all that. I think he’s a very good player and I would take him over McCall every single time. McCall is one concussion away from ending his career…he would never survive the Gus Malzahn play calling and the UCF OL. Truth.

I would also would have taken KJ as the Miami 2024 QB over the younger QBs we have. 100%.

But Heisman watch list and all that is too much for him. He makes UCF better…no doubt but temper your expectations by A LOT.

I’ll say it again…KJ Jefferson is very good QB and a great get for UCF.

Last edited:
.But Heisman watch list and all that is too much for him. He makes UCF better…no doubt but temper your expectations by A LOT.
Not saying he is a' bonafide' Heisman candidate, but the Watch List argument is not without merit.

Defenses he will face in the Big 12 conglomerate will pale in comparison to the defenses he faced at Arkansas, which played three consecutive national top 10 difficult schedules, including the nation's toughest schedule in 2021, during KJ's three years.

KJ put up his best numbers against Big 12 competition when he was at Arkansas.

With the best PAC-12 being dissolved into the Big 10, the offensive video game numbers the league produced last season will likely diminish, given that a Ohio State University, Michigan, and Penn State fielded top 5 defenses.

EDIT: JRP threw for 2200 and ran for 500 in nine full games. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
Not saying he is a' bonafide' Heisman candidate, but the Watch List argument is not without merit.

Defenses he will face in the Big 12 conglomerate will pale in comparison to the defenses he faced at Arkansas, which played three consecutive national top 10 difficult schedules, including the nation's toughest schedule in 2021, during KJ's three years.

KJ put up his best numbers against Big 12 competition when he was at Arkansas.

With the best PAC-12 being dissolved into the Big 10, the offensive video game numbers the league produced last season will likely diminish, given that a Ohio State University, Michigan, and Penn State fielded top 5 defenses.

EDIT: JRP threw for 2200 and ran for 500 in nine full games. Let that sink in.
Bro…he was the #27 QB in the portal and a 3* transfer. Ranked #27 just in the portal and not QBs overall. I already posted his 2023 stats yesterday and his 2023 QBR was 88th in the country. He’s NOT any kind of Heisman candidate.

UCF has a mediocre to bad OL with little depth and ONE receiver with proven production (one). Malzahn has done literally nothing to land a WR1 or good OL in the 2024 portal but he’s renting billboards.

You can keep writing nonsense all you want. There’s ZERO chance KJ Jefferson will be on any credible Heisman Watch lists (maybe you will make one and put him there or somebody like Boomer looking for UCF clicks).

Last edited:
I would like billboard more if he was doing a horns down gesture and it was in Tampa, and Austin TX. 😆
This could probably be photoshopped pretty easily lol

E_DRTrEXoAQJxYG.jpg

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
This is what Gus Malzahn NEEDS to do to maximize KJ Jefferson in 2024.

The next portal window is from 4/15-4/30 and more taken will hit the market then.

1. Malzahn needs to hire a KNOWN WR coach with a proven track record of putting guys in the NFL. Making a cheap hire just won’t do.

2. A W1…a WR with proven production at the FBS level. Not a guy that was a high school 4* and has 150 yards in college. The answer is clearly not in the roster…there’s Hudson and that’s it. Also the answer for 2024 is not in one of the borderline 3*/4* that are coming in.

It’s very important to get a WR 1 and that’s why UCF needs a known WR coach that has placed guys in the NFL. A top portal WR is not coming to be coached by a nobody.

3. UCF needs to add 2-3 quality OL. The UCF OL room is devoid of both talent and depth. No sugar coating this like the “UCF content creator” tries to do.

That’s what needs to happen for UCF to maximize KJ Jefferson in 2024…not putting up a couple of stupid billboards with his picture in them.

Last edited:

The next portal window is from 4/15-4/30 and more taken will hit the market then.

1. Malzahn needs to hire a KNOWN WR coach with a proven track record of putting guys in the NFL. Making a cheap hire just won’t do.

2. A W1…a WR with proven production at the FBS level. Not a guy that was a high school 4* and has 150 yards in college. The answer is clearly not in the roster…there’s Hudson and that’s it. Also the answer for 2024 is not in one of the borderline 3*/4* that are coming in.

It’s very important to get a WR 1 and that’s why UCF needs a known WR coach that has placed guys in the NFL. A top portal WR is not coming to be coached by a nobody.

3. UCF needs to add 2-3 quality OL. The UCF OL room is devoid of both talent and depth. No sugar coating this like the “UCF content creator” tries to do.

That’s what needs to happen for UCF to maximize KJ Jefferson in 2024…not putting up a couple of stupid billboards with his picture in them.
1., Hire could be Will Healy, who is already on staff, but I am hoping for Georgia Tech's Josh Crawford. BTW, Grant Heard was one of the nation's Top 25 highest paid WR coaches (more than the u's?).

24. Grant Heard, UCF -- $425,000

2., UCF needs an elite portal X WR, (6-2+, 200+, with speed) *provided it doesn't already have one on the roster that we don't know about. Such as a "borderline 3*/4*" like
Tyree Patterson or Bredell Richardson.

3., UCF could use a quality transfer portal guard, who is capable of playing on the strong or weak side. No sense in signing a bunch of guys that Herb Hand isn't going to play. And again, you (and I) are assuming UCF has slicked up guys, who are already on the roster, to play.

Billboards of KJ certainly won't hurt--and could help influence, UCF getting 2 and 3 to come to Orlando for the chance to play for a CFP spot with a Heisman Watch List QB like KJ.

EDIT: I am telling you, unequivocally, UCF did not offer a bunch of offensive linemen in the portal. Herb Hand was highly selective. He offered the guards, who went to Baylor and FSU, and the centers, who went to Mississippi State and West Virginia. Hand offered the tackle, who went to Cal. UCF signed a center and tackle, but not a guard.

Point is desperation offers weren't going out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 90Knight

Mainly UCF needs to ignore the advice of UM fans.

I hate responding because I know this is going to open a can of worms, but UCF won't be in panic mode on the offensive line until 2025.

That's when the offensive line will be in dire straights and require Gus to hit the juco ranks and portal for immediate contributors.

1., Hire could be Will Healy, who is already on staff, but I am hoping for Georgia Tech's Josh Crawford. BTW, Grant Heard was one of the nation's Top 25 highest paid WR coaches (more than the u's?).

24. Grant Heard, UCF -- $425,000

2., UCF needs an elite portal X WR, (6-2+, 200+, with speed) *provided it doesn't already have one on the roster that we don't know about. Such as a "borderline 3*/4*" like
Tyree Patterson or Bredell Richardson.

3., UCF could use a quality transfer portal guard, who is capable of playing on the strong or weak side. No sense in signing a bunch of guys that Herb Hand isn't going to play. And again, you (and I) are assuming UCF has slicked up guys, who are already on the roster, to play.

Billboards of KJ certainly won't hurt--and could help influence, UCF getting 2 and 3 to come to Orlando for the chance to play for a CFP spot with a Heisman Watch List QB like KJ.

EDIT: I am telling you, unequivocally, UCF did not offer a bunch of offensive linemen in the portal. Herb Hand was highly selective. He offered the guards, who went to Baylor and FSU, and the centers, who went to Mississippi State and West Virginia. Hand offered the tackle, who went to Cal. UCF signed a center and tackle, but not a guard.

Point is desperation offers weren't going out.
Will Healey ? Get out of here bro. Dude coached WRs a decade ago at some FCS school…zero top portal WR will be playing for him. He’s unknown and has developed nobody. Dude never even played WR.

Where’s this information coming from?

Last edited:
UM has some guy is in his ninth year. Crazy
McCormick spent the first seven of his college seasons at Oregon, transferred to Miami for the 2023 season and will keep playing in 2024.

Its about getting local people interested in the games...But then miami does not have any local fans so I can understand your confusion.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT