ADVERTISEMENT

Lei’s at Memphis game in honor of Milton

If you have a hard time finding some, it isn’t difficult to make some. This would also be a great activity for those who have little kids. Just google for some templates, but some drinking straws, paper, and string and thee you go!

By getting the kids involved, they can learn about how important it is to support others, and it can give them (and you) something constructive to do with any nervous energy you have.

And the P.A. announcer can say over the loudspeaker: "Hey, did everyone get leid coming in tonight ?"

That was from an old Predators game back in 2002.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I’m seeing on Twitter that all the Party City locations in Orlando have UCF displays with leis.

Probably not for long. Be like the Red Bandana game. I went to 17 different stores (Wal Marts/Targets/JCPenneys/Sears/Ross/etc... trying to find a red bandana. Gave up and was going to see if I could find a dark red napkin at a Party City...and they actually had red bandanas.

Probably not for long. Be like the Red Bandana game. I went to 17 different stores (Wal Marts/Targets/JCPenneys/Sears/Ross/etc... trying to find a red bandana. Gave up and was going to see if I could find a dark red napkin at a Party City...and they actually had red bandanas.
Your last sentence conflicts with your initial statement.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Your last sentence conflicts with your initial statement.

Not sure how. You expect to find bandanas at Wal Mart, Target, JC Penney, etc...but I never expected to find bandanas at a Party City.

On the other hand, you expect to find leis at Party City...so I expect every party city in the tri-county area to be sold out. I guess it's possible to find leis at Wal Mart/Target too...but probably not JC Penny, Sears, etc.

We can’t find any gold and black leis anywhere! We’re going to have to wear our regular party leis!! (Anyone know of a place with B&G leis?)

We can’t find any gold and black leis anywhere! We’re going to have to wear our regular party leis!! (Anyone know of a place with B&G leis?)
It is really easy to make your own.

Materials:

String
Drinking straws
Flowers either purchased from a craft store, or some cut out from paper or foam craft sheets
Needle or something to put small hole in flowers

Cut small sections of straw, and put one on your string. Then string a flower, then another straw segment. Repeat until it is as long as you want it to be.

The shorter the straw segment, the more flowers you will need, but it will be fuller.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Oriental Trading - order Monday and you should have them in time.

Enough UCF fans already ordered from them that they were sold out as of Saturday evening. I suppose they might get more in stock Monday...but who knows. If you are wearing a black shirt, a black & gold lei isn't going to show up that well anyway. For that reason I know a lot of people are going with the more traditional, bright colors.

Reactions: Shark59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT