ADVERTISEMENT

Let the drinking games begin

I didn't watch the debate but is this as close as they had to an American flag on the stage?

la-na-pol-2020-democratic-debate-miami-takeaways-20190626
AP19177519504655-1.jpg

sad that they didnt have one on stage.

AP19177519504655-1.jpg

sad that they didnt have one on stage.
They didn't have one on the first day of the last DNC either. Trump tweeted about it and they put some up for day 2. Would you be ok with a digital flag that never moves or do you think it has to be a physical flag?

They didn't have one on the first day of the last DNC either. Trump tweeted about it and they put some up for day 2. Would you be ok with a digital flag that never moves or do you think it has to be a physical flag?
should always be a physical flag in the room that is visable

You cant say the Dem party has gone too far left on one hand, and then praise Gabbard on the other. She is as left as anyone running and was one of the few Democrats in office who actively supported and endorsed Sanders over Clinton in 2016.
It's like these right wingers are really looking for a safe candidate on the Democrat side to vote against Trump.

how about at the debates for people that wish to be president of the united states of america, there should at least be a us flag on stage. is that really a hard concept?

There were images of the flag all over the place.

Don't think it's too much to ask if you are running for president.

The TV stations aren't running for president and they are the ones hosting the event. Regardless, there are images of the flag all over the place. Is this really an issue?

The TV stations aren't running for president and they are the ones hosting the event. Regardless, there are images of the flag all over the place. Is this really an issue?
It is a very big issue to some. Especially those who served in the military or in the federal government. It would be for more of us if the school systems still taught the traditional role and respect for the flag.

Reactions: UCFWayne
So, what is the correct answer, Copernicus?
Lower taxes, keep the economy humming, stay tough on terror state Iran, and build a wall. You know, the things that has trump winning big in 2020 because most americans align with these positions

It is a very big issue to some. Especially those who served in the military or in the federal government. It would be for more of us if the school systems still taught the traditional role and respect for the flag.

That's fine but symbolic patriotism isn't a substitute for policy.

No one said it was. But it does demonstrate at least a respect of if not a commitment to the common concept and values of America.

No it doesn't. Demonstrating commitment to the values of America would mean running and/or governing on the values of America. Anyone can pretend to love and honor a flag, but it is rather meaningless if that person's actions and deeds don't honor what the flag stands for.

No it doesn't. Demonstrating commitment to the values of America would mean running and/or governing on the values of America. Anyone can pretend to love and honor a flag, but it is rather meaningless if that person's actions and deeds don't honor what the flag stands for.
Having the flag there means something to a lot of people. You may not agree but that is a fact. It doesn’t lessen them whatsoever.

Having the flag there means something to a lot of people. You may not agree but that is a fact. It doesn’t lessen them whatsoever.

That isn't what I am arguing. I am just saying it is symbolic patriotism, and symbolic patriotism is just that, symbolic. It isn't meaningful beyond someone's feelings. It's fine if someone wants a physical flag there, and I have no issue at all if a flag was there. But if anyone thinks that is more important than actual policy, then I would hope they would re-think that.

That isn't what I am arguing. I am just saying it is symbolic patriotism, and symbolic patriotism is just that, symbolic. It isn't meaningful beyond someone's feelings. It's fine if someone wants a physical flag there, and I have no issue at all if a flag was there. But if anyone thinks that is more important than actual policy, then I would hope they would re-think that.
I can understand your opinion and I agree that actions speak louder than empty gestures. But the meaning behind such a powerful symbol as the American flag is significant and it's not just patriotism for the sake of "Yay America" but also honoring the sacrifice that prior generations made to not just America but to preserve that exact symbol. Such as the multitude of people who died during the bombardment at Fort McHenry stopping the British fleet that was fresh from sacking Washington. The battle which ended with that flag standing thus inspiring our national anthem. We really should not dismiss the symbol and the rightful patriotism that it should inspire so easily.

Reactions: UCFWayne
how about at the debates for people that wish to be president of the united states of america, there should at least be a us flag on stage. is that really a hard concept?

Today our Supreme Court decided political gerrymandering it totally cool, and police can take my blood from me without my permission, forgive me if I'm not feeling like symbolic flag waiving.

Today our Supreme Court decided political gerrymandering it totally cool, and police can take my blood from me without my permission, forgive me if I'm not feeling like symbolic flag waiving.

Wahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCOTUS ruled in a manner that I didn't want so now I'm going to tell everyone how much I hate America and how the US flag can fuk off!

Reactions: knightbeer
Wahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCOTUS ruled in a manner that I didn't want so now I'm going to tell everyone how much I hate America and how the US flag can fuk off!

That is a horrible decision that is basically going to allow people in power to select their voters. THe chance of any deep red or deep blue state to ever change the party in power becomes very slim. It isnt Democratic.

That is a horrible decision that is basically going to allow people in power to select their voters. THe chance of any deep red or deep blue state to ever change the party in power becomes very slim. It isnt Democratic.
Don't bother. 85 only likes the constitution when it works in his favor.

Don't bother. 85 only likes the constitution when it works in his favor.

It went to SCOTUS. They ruled. Exactly as the Constitution calls for. Stop being a butthurt little bitch and insisting that the Constitution was violated simply because you don’t like the decision. It’s truly pathetic.

Reactions: btbones
FREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHITFREE SHIT

Does this make you nostalgic for when you would post 20 times a day shitting all over Trump during the Republican debates.

Lol don’t be so butthurt simply because Mayor Petey isn’t inspiring anyone like you promised us he would

Thot it was Butt Guy not Bucharest... yeah he’s an isufferable gayer Ted Cruz / Paul Ryan repulsive zero chance in a general

Lol don’t be so butthurt simply because Mayor Petey isn’t inspiring anyone like you promised us he would
He's 100% killed it with Harris like I said he would. Biden had his campaign ended at the hands of Harris like I said he would.

Watch the polls.

He's 100% killed it with Harris like I said he would. Biden had his campaign ended at the hands of Harris like I said he would.

Watch the polls.

Lol no dude. He’s a low energy cuck.

I’ll admit thought that the time both went to the racist dog whistles that liberals are known for. Just don’t think they’ll stick.

At least they all went on record as being fully on board with open borders, mass illegal immigration, and government paid health care for that mass illegal immigration

This ad ran after the Democratic National Convention. It's from the Stop Medicare for All coalition. Obviously, these guys are trying to reach out to the right wing coolers on this board. Is this enough to drop Trump and vote for a candidate that is supported by them?

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
ADVERTISEMENT