ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Be Clear: Our Coaches will ALWAYS Leave

Renegade2007

Five-Star Recruit
Dec 21, 2009
Folks, we should know this, but the moment we got into the business of going after young, hot, and gifted assistant coordinators is the moment we jumped into the pool of Head Coach musical chairs. It is what it is.

Till we get into a P5 conference our HC will always leave in 3 seasons or less if he is successful. This is what we wanted, right? The reason why GOL was hired is he didn't have a desire to leave after being at UCF. The old man was content with retiring in Orlando. We're in a much difference space now.

So let's support the new coach when he arrives, and wish him well when he leaves in 3 seasons, and do it all over again.

#ChargeOn

MmX0nv0.jpg

It is a first. First time in UCF's history. We usually keep them until they've run out of gas. I think he's the only to leave voluntarily.

FSU had a coach walk out to go play Alabama, auburn, and LSU every year. Oregon probably will have one too. If the big boys have walkouts, we definitely will.

The days of the Bowden’s and paternos are done.

Reactions: jlcolvin
I don't have a problem with coaches changing jobs. My problem is quitting before the end of the season, and the bowl is part of the season. There should be a recruiting dead period from November to January so there's no pressure to leave in December.

It's not like it ends with a Nebraska poaching UCF. Now we're looking to poach Toledo. There's A&M taking from FSU, who is trying to take from Oregon, who will then go to Fresno or something. It's the cascading chaos that this impatience throws the rest of the sport into. The NCAA allows dozens of teams and thousands of student-athletes to have their seasons thrown into turmoil so that the big names can get squeeze in 2 weeks of early recruiting in December.

I don't have a problem with coaches changing jobs. My problem is quitting before the end of the season, and the bowl is part of the season. There should be a recruiting dead period from November to January so there's no pressure to leave in December.

It's not like it ends with a Nebraska poaching UCF. Now we're looking to poach Toledo. There's A&M taking from FSU, who is trying to take from Oregon, who will then go to Fresno or something. It's the cascading chaos that this impatience throws the rest of the sport into. The NCAA allows dozens of teams and thousands of student-athletes to have their seasons thrown into turmoil so that the big names can get squeeze in 2 weeks of early recruiting in December.

I agree here as well. if a dead zone could be established, then it would help in all this. But a couple of wrenches in this: How do you account for early signees wanting to come in January. Encorcement. They struggle as it is on tracking and punishing who texts a recruit during the deadzone. No way they have the bandwidth to do this for 2 months.

But I feel agree with the sentiment.

That's impossible though. The coach would be slitting his own throat at his new job. Early singing period would be over. You would be starting behind the 8 ball in year one.

Listen to the link below... Mark Daniels talked with Frost the last week about not really wanting to go. He had a vision mapped out for years 3-10 at UCF. he felt if we win enough they can't ignore us. Also he envisioned us changing conferences.

He felt some obligation to Nebraska and his parents seeing him coach there. The force was too powerful.

I think when the reality of that place smacks him and his wife in the face, they are going to regret it.

The Beat of Sports - Mark Daniels interviews Pat Clarke about a conversation they had with Scott Frost.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
When his first season there goes like his first season here, their fan base will have a very different reaction then ours. His wife is going to love going out in public for the next 9 months. After that, she'll be ordering in.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Folks, we should know this, but the moment we got into the business of going after young, hot, and gifted assistant coordinators is the moment we jumped into the pool of Head Coach musical chairs. It is what it is.

Till we get into a P5 conference our HC will always leave in 3 seasons or less if he is successful. This is what we wanted, right? The reason why GOL was hired is he didn't have a desire to leave after being at UCF. The old man was content with retiring in Orlando. We're in a much difference space now.

So let's support the new coach when he arrives, and wish him well when he leaves in 3 seasons, and do it all over again.

#ChargeOn
Until we are in a P-5 (or even after that...see Jimbo Fisher), yes will leave quickly with success (unless they were GOL's age)

I don't have a problem with Frost poaching recruits since the new coach may want different skills. What I do not want is him stealing our current players.

if we can get a coach to go undefeated every 2 years I wouldn't even care anymore about the revolving door

it would be nice to have someone stay 5 years though

#ChargeOn

Not necessarily a G5 vs P5 issue. Plenty of middle of the road P% schools get poached by larger schools/programs.

#ChargeOn
2 years in not acceptable for anyone, especially someone who has not been a head coach before. 2 years doesn't make you a great coach yet. He who shall not be named is taking a bit of a risk, how it works for him is yet to be seen. The environment is going to be a lot less forgiving and expectations will be extreamly high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT