ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like a Nuke went off in Lebanon

A 1 megaton nuclear bomb creates a firestorm that can cover 100 square miles. A 20 megaton blast's firestorm can cover nearly 2500 square miles. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were small cities, and by today's standards the bombs dropped on them were small bombs.

That’s only the firestorm!! Don’t play down the Nukes!!!
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Play around with this and see how far away you'd have to be from a nuke detonation of any size and survive.

I just showed you mathematically how you are way off. If you don’t want to buy facts, I can’t help you
Mathematically you produced a concept based on fallacy. Sure, I guess if there was 2600 1megaton nukes you could destroy Texas. There aren't that many though and never has been. And we are talking about TEXAS! Texas is miniscule in relation to the earth.

Mathematically you produced a concept based on fallacy. Sure, I guess if there was 2600 1megaton nukes you could destroy Texas. There aren't that many though and never has been. And we are talking about TEXAS! Texas is miniscule in relation to the earth.
Not to get into it because I can’t, but the days of the US being able to match Russia in a mutually assured destruction game ended during the Obama administration. Our capability is different and more nuanced but that Administration gave away the farm with absolutely nothing in return.

As for yield and delivery, we’ve concentrated on shorter range missiles and bombs than ICBM and with much more accuracy. The yields you can look up but some of it is reading between the lines. Honestly, though, outside of outright Armageddon, I don’t think we’ll ever use a nuke as it is a violation of many treaties and reams of international law that our government takes very seriously.

Last edited:
You invented the nuke theory out of thin air. Its possible but ive yet to see it mentioned. Fallout readings would have confirmed a nuke at this point.

You said Texas as your original argument and the square mile of the entire nuclear arsenal multiplied by the square mile of DAMAGE FAR
EXCEEDS THAT.

You don’t fire Nuclear Warheads in a close grid side by side like a cornfield in Nebraska

Not to get into it because I can’t, but the days of the US being able to match Russia in a mutually assured destruction game ended during the Obama administration. Our capability is different and more nuanced but that Administration gave away the farm with absolutely nothing in return.

As for yield and delivery, we’ve concentrated on shorter range missiles and bombs than ICBM and with much more accuracy. The yields you can look up but some of it is reading between the lines. Honestly, though, outside of outright Armageddon, I don’t think we’ll ever use a nuke as it is a violation of many treaties and reams of international law that our government takes very seriously.

I dont think you really need to read through the lines. Its obvious that we've gone away from city destroyers and to small tactical nukes. Castle bravo was huge, but there was no reason to have it because we aren't ever going to blow a city off the map.

You said Texas as your original argument and the square mile of the entire nuclear arsenal multiplied by the square mile of DAMAGE FAR
EXCEEDS THAT.

You don’t fire Nuclear Warheads in a close grid side by side like a cornfield in Nebraska

It came up because you initially said that if this is a nuke, its a really small one. I was just pointing out that nukes aren't as big as they've been made out to be. When they figure out the payload equivalency of that explosion I think we'll find out its close to being comparable to some of the smaller nukes the world has in its arsenal.

It was a massive pile of sodium nitrate.

The question now is whether it was just horrible criminal negligence, or if it was being kept there on behalf of Hezbollah. There is a confirmed Hezbollah weapons depot at the port not too far from where this happened.

Reactions: DAiello18
6.5kt payload. A little bit larger than the small version of the W-80 nuke we have now, about 1/3rd the size of Hiroshima.

6.5kt payload. A little bit larger than the small version of the W-80 nuke we have now, about 1/3rd the size of Hiroshima.
Just want to point out that you can find information in the general public of nuclear warheads as small as .4kt.

Reactions: Crazyhole
If the reports are accurate, and there were 2700+ Tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate there It could give the illusion of a Nuke without the actual Nuclear Aspect. 2 Tonnes were used in OKC and that was insane.

If the reports are accurate, and there were 2700+ Tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate there It could give the illusion of a Nuke without the actual Nuclear Aspect. 2 Tonnes were used in OKC and that was insane.
This would be the largest non-nuclear man made explosion in history.

First you claimed it was a nuke.

It wasn't.

Then you claimed it was being scrubbed from the internet.

It wasnt.

Then you implied that search engines are covering it up.

They aren't.

At what point do you just accept that you are a conspiracy theorist nutjob and the algorithms know you well enough to show you other conspiracy theory nutjob opinions?

You probably follow conspiracy theorist websites and conspiracy theorist social media and conspiracy theorist YouTubers. No reasonable human being would think that a nuclear attack would be able to be covered up with widely available radiation detection equipment, you can buy even on Amazon.

Fellow moron conspiracy theorists in this thread are saying they think it was a missile strike with no eyewitness accounts backing it up, just the dumbest people.

First you claimed it was a nuke.

It wasn't.

Then you claimed it was being scrubbed from the internet.

It wasnt.

Then you implied that search engines are covering it up.

They aren't.

At what point do you just accept that you are a conspiracy theorist nutjob and the algorithms know you well enough to show you other conspiracy theory nutjob opinions?

You probably follow conspiracy theorist websites and conspiracy theorist social media and conspiracy theorist YouTubers. No reasonable human being would think that a nuclear attack would be able to be covered up with widely available radiation detection equipment, you can buy even on Amazon.

Fellow moron conspiracy theorists in this thread are saying they think it was a missile strike with no eyewitness accounts backing it up, just the dumbest people.

Literally none of that is true other than it being scrubbed from search engines. If you don't believe me, try to find the OP link in a search engine of your choice. I typed in Lebanon explosion and there were a couple of dozen, including this one.

Fact: this was a nuclear sized explosion.

Fact: I said several times that its not a nuke.

I feel like you are conflating me with your dad in this thread and trying really hard to get my attention.

Last edited:
I was going to create a thread on this, saw that there already was one, created by our resident bleach chugging conspiracy theory inbred.

Holy shit you are stupid.

Literally everything you posted in here is beyond idiotic. It wasn't a nuke. This isn't being "scrubbed from the internet" lmao. We have detectors all over the world that would discover radiation spikes within hours, if not minutes if this was a nuke or even a dirty bomb. This wasn't the biggest non nuclear man made explosion in history (barely even cracks the top 10).

In short: every single thing you posted in here was wrong, some on an idiotic level.

The problem is you are too stupid to properly understand just how painfully stupid you are. It is terrifying that morons like you are allowed to vote.

Back to the ignore list you go, and for good reason, I urge everyone else to do the same. You provide nothing of use to this board other than stupidity.

I was going to create a thread on this, saw that there already was one, created by our resident bleach chugging conspiracy theory inbred.

Holy shit you are stupid.

Literally everything you posted in here is beyond idiotic. It wasn't a nuke. This isn't being "scrubbed from the internet" lmao. We have detectors all over the world that would discover radiation spikes within hours, if not minutes if this was a nuke or even a dirty bomb. This wasn't the biggest non nuclear man made explosion in history (barely even cracks the top 10).

In short: every single thing you posted in here was wrong, some on an idiotic level.

The problem is you are too stupid to properly understand just how painfully stupid you are. It is terrifying that morons like you are allowed to vote.

Back to the ignore list you go, and for good reason, I urge everyone else to do the same. You provide nothing of use to this board other than stupidity.

Please provide citation for larger non-nuclear blasts. This was 6.5kt equivalent. The next largest was 4.4kt in 1985.

Crazyhole obviously doesn't understand nukes.

That is nowhere near a nuke, and looks nothing like a nuke. Not even close. Not even in the same realm.

Crazyhole obviously doesn't understand nukes.

That is nowhere near a nuke, and looks nothing like a nuke. Not even close. Not even in the same realm.
Please tell me how that looks different from a nuke other than the initial flash being absent.

Well, not the smoke and heat but the cloud and shock wave looked Nuke-ish :)
The only problem is that there aren't any videos of what it looks like with a ground blast. They are all elevated so there's 360 degrees of radius to ignite the oxygen surrounding it. Thats what people think of when talking about nukes. Watch the video of the underground sudan explosion from the 60s. Just looks like a bunch of dynamite. Really cool to watch, but kind of scary to think they were testing nukes for private mining use.

"Experts have said that this is one of the largest — if not the largest, non-nuclear explosion in history."

Just heard on the radio that its the 3rd largest in history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT