ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the wheels fell off in TALLAHASSEE this week...

Lined up top 3 starters for the weekend. Beating FSU would have been gravy.
For us why is Conference more important than instate top tier programs? If we host a Regional we are battling FSU, UF, UM and USF. No one in our conference will beat us out for it except USF. I think having our top pitchers against FSU would have made more sense. Plus if we have our 1 pitch Monday or Tuesday 5 days rest is enough for a Sunday start.

For us why is Conference more important than instate top tier programs? If we host a Regional we are battling FSU, UF, UM and USF. No one in our conference will beat us out for it except USF. I think having our top pitchers against FSU would have made more sense. Plus if we have our 1 pitch Monday or Tuesday 5 days rest is enough for a Sunday start.
The top pitchers pitch the weekend series in conference play. That’s just the way it is. If we played FSU a different week where we didn’t have a top 20 conference foe on the weekend then we would have lined up the pitching like we did against Florida. The week we played Florida we had Sienna on the weekend so could afford to pitch the aces on the weeknight games. Conference games mean more because they affect seeding for conference tournament and help to win the conference which is major goal of the program.

Reactions: Knightrodamus
Might have had more to do with the type of series (midweek vs weekend) than the opponent, in this case. You win and it’s “just a midweek matchup”, you lose and that was “what was expected”.

I know what you mean but there probably was less to gain here than one might think.

The ECU series this weekend hurt. I don't follow baseball much. Is ECU supposed to be be any good? Was it just an off weekend for your guys?

The ECU series this weekend hurt. I don't follow baseball much. Is ECU supposed to be be any good? Was it just an off weekend for your guys?

ECU is good. Really good. Their baseball team is the saving grace of their entire athletics program. They are ranked as well, ahead of UCF.

They are favorites to win the conference and were favorites last year as well though they had a down year. They came in ranked #18. 2016 they were a game away from Omaha but lost their last 2 in the regional final. They are a consistently good team. However this was a poor showing the past 2 games from UCF.

Conference at is basic terms is important. Its the easiest way to get into the tournament. If youre in a good conference - just like in baskerball - quality wins and series sweeps against high ranked RPIs will make up for the losses OOC. Last time i looked the American was 12th best conference so obviously not a good situation.

Conference at is basic terms is important. Its the easiest way to get into the tournament. If youre in a good conference - just like in baskerball - quality wins and series sweeps against high ranked RPIs will make up for the losses OOC. Last time i looked the American was 12th best conference so obviously not a good situation.
The American ranks 5th in RPI among all conferences

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT