ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Game Friday.

Louisville has stayed at the bottom of a weak ACC, 6 straight road losses, with their best win being a 4-5 home win against Wake Forest last year.

According to ESPN they are only favored against BC at home (50.4%) and home against Syracuse.

Last edited:
So I went on their board to ask about restaurants and tailgating but of course I don't have privileges to post on their board…

However, I did read up a little and they are pretty doom and gloom over there, super salty about their newer HC Satterfield and especially his bad offensive game plan. They are not high on their QB as well or their recruiting of one. All of them have basically conceded losing tomorrow. Lots of talk about how the Big12 isn’t a P5 anymore and then many saying they wish they could be in the Big12 lol…typical elitist garbage we have heard. Funny I only see UCF always getting shaded, not Houston, UC or BYU.

So I went on their board to ask about restaurants and tailgating but of course I don't have privileges to post on their board…

However, I did read up a little and they are pretty doom and gloom over there, super salty about their newer HC Satterfield and especially his bad offensive game plan. They are not high on their QB as well or their recruiting of one. All of them have basically conceded losing tomorrow. Lots of talk about how the Big12 isn’t a P5 anymore and then many saying they wish they could be in the Big12 lol…typical elitist garbage we have heard. Funny I only see UCF always getting shaded, not Houston, UC or BYU.
Try Facebook or Twitter for restaurants

Here is some messages from a thread a weeks back. I'm happy to answer any questions. :)

Hi all. Louisville, KY native here flying up north to watch the Knights put it on UofL. (UK graduate so this will be double sweet).

We're in section 103 at the Pizza Pit. For context, the official UCF sections are 101-102 and 201-202. I've sat in these sections for multiple UK @ UofL games, it's not bad.

As to some earlier comments - UofL fans are pretty trashy and you can expect some banter. Their fanbase is mostly urban as once you leave Jefferson County there is very few to no UofL fans. Even 35% - 40% of the city are UK fans. The stadium is in the fairgrounds area near the airport, it's not a great area but not terribly far from nicer, fun areas.

Happy to answer any questions - enjoy Kentucky!

louisville-cardinals-seating-chart-at-cardinal-stadium.jpg

You have any recommendations for hotels?

Also any must see/eat/drink while in town?

thanks!

I would try to stay downtown near whiskey row or in the Highlands area. Downtown is fun for nicer restaurants and whiskey bars while the Highlands is more vibrant and young, expect breweries and pubs, etc. For downtown just stick close to East Main or West Market streets. The Omni is newer and hip while the Galt House is older and has tons of history.

If you like craft beer, Louisville has a surprisingly good brewery scene. Goodwood Brewing is right downtown by Whiskey Row and so is Against the Grain which is inside of Louisville Slugger Field where the Bats (Triple A Reds affiliate) play. Both places have liquor and the bar staff at ATG makes tremendous cocktails, I would recommend trying an Old Fashion everywhere you go to see how they vary from bar to bar.

Churchill Downs will be racing the weekend of the game, so I would highly recommend you head over and do some gambling and drinking over there. A really cool feature is Downs After Dark on Saturday, first race isn't until 6:00PM so it's a blast to be out there when it isn't so hot and the night time atmosphere at the track is so fun. There is TV's in the bars within the track so you can catch some football games, too. Tickets are super cheap.

Overall I would drink my way around downtown and the Highlands and eat at wherever is close, there isn't really any MUST EAT spots in my opinion. Always a good steak or hot brown nearby, I'd ask local bartenders for their recs.

Finally, they do serve alcohol within the stadium and you're going to need it - UofL fans are gross.

Charge On!⚔️

Sponsored tailgate.

Sold out. :(

If anyone has three tickets to the official tailgate I would love to buy them.

Kind of like another poster said, short week game against a weak P5 opponent on the road... This is a recipe for complacency and/or hesitation/second guessing.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I’ll be there. Got awesome 50 yard line tickets, can’t wait. The current line is UCF -7.5 and I think we roll these guys. Little surprised the line is that close honestly.
I'll buy you a beer at next home game if we cover the spread. I don't think we'll cover.

I'll buy you a beer at next home game if we cover the spread. I don't think we'll cover.
I’ll be coming for that beer 🍺

The line is at -6.5 (-115) on Bovada now 😤 like that a lot better but I still think we win by 2 scores. At least my -7.5 was (even).

Reactions: DBuckingham
I hope our LB’s and Secondary learned how to play pass defense this week! They have been terrible both weeks 1 & 2.
Tonight will be a different animal with a dual threat QB.

I hope our LB’s and Secondary learned how to play pass defense this week! They have been terrible both weeks 1 & 2.
Tonight will be a different animal with a dual threat QB.
I agree. Tonight's game will help determine how teams will come after us the rest of the season depending on how our secondary performs. I really don't know what to expect.

Kind of like another poster said, short week game against a weak P5 opponent on the road... This is a recipe for complacency and/or hesitation/second guessing.
I don't see it. I think they'll (UCF) be fired up and we'll hit them with all of our skill...on offense! Defense....you know looserville will be passing over the middle like all other teams that play us.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is the first time that these guys will be playing in front of a full hostile crowd in nearly 2 years. That may have some affect on performance, and I think it’ll keep this game close.

Uh, no. Just no. That did not happen. Nobody has ever/will say that.

Still, congrats on the BIG XII. I remember when Louisville got a boost from the ACC invite and I'm glad your team/fans get to experience the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT