ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Game Thread

23 seconds left on your own 41 yard line with all 3 time outs left. Why the “f” would you put the ball in the air???
Somebody post the “you play to win the game” clip. :). In all seriousness I think a run would have been a better call, or an out route. But hindsight is 20/20. If DG is healthy, we should win 8/9 games this year.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Somebody post the “you play to win the game” clip. :). In all seriousness I think a run would have been a better call, or an out route. But hindsight is 20/20. If DG is healthy, we should win 8/9 games this year.
Our over was 9.5 so we underperform

Defense play was shaky all game but gave us a chance to win it in the end. Ridiculous play calling when we should have been ultra conservative killed us.
It is like he did the reverse all night. Aggressive when we should and conservative when we needed to be aggressive

Our over was 9.5 so we underperform
LOL, that seems like a sad way to look at life. I call 9 wins a good year. Also, over/under on wins for a first year of a new coach is a dicey bet. I hope your weekend gets better Harvey. Unless your a Gator fan. Then I hope it gets worse. Then better after that.

LOL, that seems like a sad way to look at life. I call 9 wins a good year. Also, over/under on wins for a first year of a new coach is a dicey bet. I hope your weekend gets better Harvey. Unless your a Gator fan. Then I hope it gets worse. Then better after that.
Gator fan .. no way.. but in the 2 games that you could bet on we failed to cover the spread.. that is underperforming. (And I dont even bet)

23 seconds left on your own 41 yard line with all 3 time outs left. Why the “f” would you put the ball in the air???
My thoughts exactly and that pass was behind receiver again. But I don't blame DG as much as who called that play.

This is going to be a looooong 2 weeks. Hopefully we can get healthy, Navy and East Carolina should be wins on talent alone. Would have been sweet to be undefeated headed into Cincy…oh well.

Reactions: KnightLife1
As much as we like to go undefeated, not gonna happen every year. Haha wouldn’t that be something.
The type of loss is what hurts.

other than BYU have we really lost lost a game? Every loss last three years has been hard to watch. Winnable losses.

Wait I started watching late had a prior engagement. TMB dressed but hardly played? Been calling it rotation with TMB, Big Kat and Celiscar is dangerous on the edges. Should've been rushing in with an injured QB seemed like some of the plays he had plenty of time to throw.

Wait I started watching late had a prior engagement. TMB dressed but hardly played? Been calling it rotation with TMB, Big Kat and Celiscar is dangerous on the edges. Should've been rushing in with an injured QB seemed like some of the plays he had plenty of time to throw.
I don’t think he was put in till the last few minutes

Am I wrong or from the looks of things in this game, aren't we really thin at RBs? Bowser was prone to injury before coming to us so I am not too surprised to see him injured again.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Honestly I was hoping for 9 wins this season based on how last year ended up. If we had to lose an out of conference game I am glad it was this one instead of the Boise State game. I do feel Gus tried to be too cute at times and it seemed like he kept getting Dillion out of rythym with substitutions. We seemed to run the ball well. I don’t understand throwing short passes when you need 8 or more yards for a first down on 3rd down. Defense can’t seem to stop third and long. Well at least we have the Big 12 invite and hopefully can upgrade recruiting

Just watched the replay and if he catches that pass (and that’s a big IF) he is well past the 30yd line before he gets tackled. To add insult to injury Amari ran all the way downfield to make the tackle only to get laid out at the 1 yd line. Jeez…

qtxW1gT.gif

Reactions: jslowery
My thoughts exactly and that pass was behind receiver again. But I don't blame DG as much as who called that play.
There was plenty of blame to go around on that play.
1) receiver should not drop the ball, especially in the 4th quarter clutch
2) when given an option, a qb should not throw it to the Wr and force him to catch it in traffic. If DG throws it half a second later Amari is beyond the Lbs and can catch it without any distraction... and more easily get more YAC. Throwing it where it was thrown put the lbs in position to make the tackle after only a short gain even had it been caught.
3) call a better play, preferably in the 10-15 yard range as their lbs never showed an ability to cover receivers.

Reactions: Yaes
Really tough loss to swallow. I think there simply isn't enough talent on the defensive side of the ball right now. We should not be giving up 500 yards to Louisville.

I think the folks criticizing Gabriel in this thread, are absolute morons. I thought he played almost a mistake free game. He was limited by the loss of his top RB and WR, because of course he was, but still persevered and made plays even on the interception, a perfect throw that was dropped right into the hands of the defender, absolutely nothing he could do about that.

Really tough loss to swallow. I think there simply isn't enough talent on the defensive side of the ball right now. We should not be giving up 500 yards to Louisville.

I think the folks criticizing Gabriel in this thread, are absolute morons. I thought he played almost a mistake free game. He was limited by the loss of his top RB and WR, because of course he was, but still persevered and made plays even on the interception, a perfect throw that was dropped right into the hands of the defender, absolutely nothing he could do about that.
It’s going to be tough moving forward, because qb development is going to be severely lacking…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT