ADVERTISEMENT

Magic or Marlins

marlins

i think the magic at least wanted to get lucky in the draft and be competitive again. the marlins simply exist to make money for the owner and not actually be competitive.

Which organization is a bigger dumpster fire?

Marlins. The Magic are willing to spend $$. But the NBA is to the point that if you aren’t at least somewhat decent, you’ll never get free agent talent in the door. All the talent wants to play for three teams which is why three teams control the league and everyone else is essentially tanking.

Florida is where you go to own a team simply for profit. It's really a shitty pro sports state and it's not just because of all the transplants. It's the owners. Vinik and Khan seem to be trying to do it right though.

The NBA is a joke. At least there is parity with the MLB. It's almost impossible to build a team when you can't sign free agents and the draft system is at best inept and at worst fixed. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

There both chit franchises that had success in the 90's and early 2000's before getting stadiums and becoming cash cows.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Magic. Not that they are terrible but forget about making the NBA championship from the east of you don't have Lebron on your team.

The NBA is a joke. At least there is parity with the MLB. It's almost impossible to build a team when you can't sign free agents and the draft system is at best inept and at worst fixed. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

There both chit franchises that had success in the 90's and early 2000's before getting stadiums and becoming cash cows.
But the ratings keep going up so the lack of parity isn't hurting.

Magic. Not that they are terrible but forget about making the NBA championship from the east of you don't have Lebron on your team.

The Magic did beat LeBron in the conference finals the last time they made the finals. Probably the last time he was beat in the conference finals.

Marlins

The Magic were intending on making the playoffs this past year until injuries derailed the season. Anytime you have multiple G league players on your team and have to start one of them, you have serious injury issues.

Well considering the Marlins have completely and permanently destroyed not only my dedication to the team, but my passion for baseball as well, I'll go with them. I at least went to a Magic game this past year and hope they can finally right the ship.

Seeing Oklahoma City retain Paul George and taking the risk trading him just highlights how bad Magic ownership continues to be. Orlando as a City can be a much better small to medium sized market for a Free Agent. Will they win a Championship? Probably not but at least they are relevant and if there a few injuries to other Western teams you never know.

Well considering the Marlins have completely and permanently destroyed not only my dedication to the team, but my passion for baseball as well, I'll go with them. I at least went to a Magic game this past year and hope they can finally right the ship.

I switched to the Rays. Actually playing well right now too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT