ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Lopez crucified by left for being reasonable

beelit47

Silver Knight
Dec 4, 2017
Orlando,FL
it’s unfortunate that Mario Lopez believes parents shouldn’t let their kids choose genders at age 3. More unfortunate that he caved to the leftist rage and walked back his completely reasonable statement.

it’s unfortunate that Mario Lopez believes parents shouldn’t let their kids choose genders at age 3. More unfortunate that he caved to the leftist rage and walked back his completely reasonable statement.

He's part of cesspool Hollywood. Saying things like "hey, maybe a 3 year couldn't possibly understand if they don't identify as their sex or not" is simply not acceptable. You have to bend the knee to every insane thing that the LGBT community and their zealots say.

AC Slater said: “Look, I’m never one to tell anyone how to parent their kids, obviously, and I think if you come from a place of love, you really can’t go wrong,” he said. “But at the same time, my God, if you’re 3 years old and you’re saying you’re feeling a certain way, or you think you’re a boy or a girl or whatever the case may be, I just think it’s dangerous as a parent to make that determination then — ‘Okay, well then you’re going to be a boy or a girl,’ whatever the case may be. It’s sort of alarming and my gosh, I just think about the repercussions later on.”

This is completely and totally irresponsible, ignorant and insensitive. He should serve time in jail for his comments.

We must demand that parents not let their 3 year olds be little bigots and use words like "boy", "Girl", or "penis".

Phrases during potty training such as "Daddy, I peed from my penis" are to be banned. That child may actually be a girl afterall and acknowledging a male body party is hurtful and offensive.

AC Slater said: “Look, I’m never one to tell anyone how to parent their kids, obviously, and I think if you come from a place of love, you really can’t go wrong,”
Well said. How can you go wrong with that?

I just think it’s dangerous as a parent to make that determination then — ‘Okay, well then you’re going to be a boy or a girl,’ whatever the case may be. It’s sort of alarming and my gosh, I just think about the repercussions later on.”.
I’m in agreement with ML’s comments. But truth be told, parents have been much more guilty over the years of pushing the other way with ridicule if they are afraid of any perceived feminine traits in their boys.

Hell, my father used to grouse about my younger brother and I “playing with dolls” Oh, the horror! (Yeah, like playing shoot-em-up with our GI Joe toys was SO gay!)

What exactly does being a girl in a boy’s body mean? Does it mean that you like the traditionally feminine activities and styles? Aren’t those styles just a perpetuation of gender stereotypes that should be going away? If it’s acceptable and not rare for males to wear dresses and makeup and watch dance moms and do all the female things whether man or woman, then does the pressure to alter your physiology go away?

Or that you actually feel like you should’ve had female parts? Because that feels more like a disorder than preferring a style of dress or a group of activities.

Reactions: UCFWayne
What exactly does being a girl in a boy’s body mean? Does it mean that you like the traditionally feminine activities and styles? Aren’t those styles just a perpetuation of gender stereotypes that should be going away? If it’s acceptable and not rare for males to wear dresses and makeup and watch dance moms and do all the female things whether man or woman, then does the pressure to alter your physiology go away?

Or that you actually feel like you should’ve had female parts? Because that feels more like a disorder than preferring a style of dress or a group of activities.

Exactly. There are people out there that "feel" like their leg shouldn't be there and want to have it removed. We don't encourage and validate their feelings, we recognize it for what it is: a psychological problem. Our gender is written on literally every strand of DNA in our body, it was created that way from the beginning. If your mind disagrees with your DNA, that's a problem with your mind, not your body.

AC Slater said: “Look, I’m never one to tell anyone how to parent their kids, obviously, and I think if you come from a place of love, you really can’t go wrong,” he said. “But at the same time, my God, if you’re 3 years old and you’re saying you’re feeling a certain way, or you think you’re a boy or a girl or whatever the case may be, I just think it’s dangerous as a parent to make that determination then — ‘Okay, well then you’re going to be a boy or a girl,’ whatever the case may be. It’s sort of alarming and my gosh, I just think about the repercussions later on.”

This is completely and totally irresponsible, ignorant and insensitive. He should serve time in jail for his comments.

Thank you for referring to him by his proper name, AC Slater. I apologize for referring to AC Slater as “him.”

So, what age is appropriate for discussing gender identity with a child?

When the child is born . If the child has a penis you tell him he’s a boy . If the child has a vagina , you tell her she’s a girl . This is science plain and simple . If later on in life the child grows up and feels attracted to the same sex you support and love them . It’s not homophobic to recognize the gender a child is born with

we dont let kids some until they are 18, hell we dont let people drink until they are 21. should we lower those? apparently letting a 3yr make serious like changing decisions is ok now.

When the child is born . If the child has a penis you tell him he’s a boy . If the child has a vagina , you tell her she’s a girl . This is science plain and simple . If later on in life the child grows up and feels attracted to the same sex you support and love them . It’s not homophobic to recognize the gender a child is born with
This is ignorance. There is a big difference between sexuality and gender.

I asked my question knowing the answer already. Mario Lopez isn't wrong. Parents shouldn't be pushing gender on a child that is too young to understand. Let the child live and simply be a child.

However, I am now working with a 7 year old with gender identity issues. SEVEN. And he has been confused about gender for years already. (I will use male pronouns, because the "science" says he was born a boy.)
Fairly innocent things turn into a larger issue, and it isn't his fault. He loves ballet. He likes to wear dresses. He wears his hair long. He wonders why the other kids make fun of him and pick on him. Recently, he asked his parents to call him "she."

Seven. He has an entire lifetime in front of him of people saying ignorant shit to him, insulting him, picking on him, and lacking respect for him, about being born a boy.

The truth is, science hasn't figured this out yet. We know boys have a penis, girls have a vagina, but there are far more variables at work from genetics to hormones to psychology to social norms which have effects on gender identity. It just isn't that simple anymore.

I asked my question knowing the answer already. Mario Lopez isn't wrong. Parents shouldn't be pushing gender on a child that is too young to understand. Let the child live and simply be a child.

However, I am now working with a 7 year old with gender identity issues. SEVEN. And he has been confused about gender for years already. (I will use male pronouns, because the "science" says he was born a boy.)
Fairly innocent things turn into a larger issue, and it isn't his fault. He loves ballet. He likes to wear dresses. He wears his hair long. He wonders why the other kids make fun of him and pick on him. Recently, he asked his parents to call him "she."

Seven. He has an entire lifetime in front of him of people saying ignorant shit to him, insulting him, picking on him, and lacking respect for him, about being born a boy.

The truth is, science hasn't figured this out yet. We know boys have a penis, girls have a vagina, but there are far more variables at work from genetics to hormones to psychology to social norms which have effects on gender identity. It just isn't that simple anymore.
that is utter nonsense. stop feeding that poor kid more lies and only making it worse for him down the line. he hasnt even hit puberty yet. you are part of the problem.

None of what you just described in itself assures that this kid is actually dealing with "gender identity" issues. Maybe you have self-assigned this as a case of gender identity issues because you're predisposed to believe that this is common and want to push that narrative?

It sounds to me that 1.) the kid is a little different and 2.) likes stuff that most 7 year old boys would still like but simply must deal with asshole kids who are probably raised by asshole parents. My nephew is 8, his favorite color is pink and his hair is nearly to his shoulders. He gets teased a lot for stuff like this but it has nothing to do with him being confused about his gender, it's simply because he's different and enjoys different things and too many kids are raised to be assholes and they reflect that at school.

Why do you equate ballet, dresses, and long hair with female body parts? That’s an artificial construct placed by our American culture. Liking those things does not make him a female and encouraging the stereotype that only females like those things so he must be female even though he is not is an interesting way to help this child.

None of what you just described in itself assures that this kid is actually dealing with "gender identity" issues. Maybe you have self-assigned this as a case of gender identity issues because you're predisposed to believe that this is common and want to push that narrative?

It sounds to me that 1.) the kid is a little different and 2.) likes stuff that most 7 year old boys would still like but simply must deal with asshole kids who are probably raised by asshole parents. My nephew is 8, his favorite color is pink and his hair is nearly to his shoulders. He gets teased a lot for stuff like this but it has nothing to do with him being confused about his gender, it's simply because he's different and enjoys different things and too many kids are raised to be assholes and they reflect that at school.
Why do you equate ballet, dresses, and long hair with female body parts? That’s an artificial construct placed by our American culture. Liking those things does not make him a female and encouraging the stereotype that only females like those things so he must be female even though he is not is an interesting way to help this child.
that kid is screwed with people like chemmie trying to "help" and will only end up more confused than before

Sounds like this should be the lefts perspective on this...

Sounds like this should be the lefts perspective on this...

Yea, I'm not sure what their gripe is.

If you have a 7 year old boy who has an innate desire to dress like a female, look like a female, and perform actions that are traditionally labeled as female activities, what do you do? In my eyes, you be as supportive as possible when other kids, and even adults, try to humiliate the child, but you let the kid be a kid and go about living the way they want. It is brutal to watch when most of the time the kid just wants to be happy.

...and I think this is what Mario Lopez was saying.

I think there are very few people out there who wish to push their child to a gender classification other than the traditional boy = penis, girl = vagina. But, there are many times when the child starts to make that decision themselves, and sometimes at a very young age, and the parents need to be supportive, rational, and not fight the child.

that kid is screwed with people like chemmie trying to "help" and will only end up more confused than before
That is another ignorant comment. There are many charitable organizations and counseling groups out there specifically for the purpose of helping children with sexuality and gender issues.
They need all the help they can get when there are jackasses out there still fighting them tooth and nail while often humiliating them.

Yea, I'm not sure what their gripe is.

If you have a 7 year old boy who has an innate desire to dress like a female, look like a female, and perform actions that are traditionally labeled as female activities, what do you do? In my eyes, you be as supportive as possible when other kids, and even adults, try to humiliate the child, but you let the kid be a kid and go about living the way they want. It is brutal to watch when most of the time the kid just wants to be happy.

...and I think this is what Mario Lopez was saying.

I think there are very few people out there who wish to push their child to a gender classification other than the traditional boy = penis, girl = vagina. But, there are many times when the child starts to make that decision themselves, and sometimes at a very young age, and the parents need to be supportive, rational, and not fight the child.

There is no gripe. We're simply pointing out that what you're so sure must be "gender identification confusion" could simply be a kid acting differently and getting picked on for it. That happens every day for reasons beyond a 7 year old not being sure which gender he/she is.

My nephew once went home and asked his mom if he was actually a girl. He asked this since the shitheads at school called him a girl for wearing a pink shirt. He wasn't confused about his gender, he was just asking since 7 year olds can easily misinterpret things said to them or project it at home.

There is no gripe. We're simply pointing out that what you're so sure must be "gender identification confusion" could simply be a kid acting differently and getting picked on for it. That happens every day for reasons beyond a 7 year old not being sure which gender he/she is.

My nephew once went home and asked his mom if he was actually a girl. He asked this since the shitheads at school called him a girl for wearing a pink shirt. He wasn't confused about his gender, he was just asking since 7 year olds can easily misinterpret things said to them or project it at home.

If an adult can't make a distinction between the two, they shouldn't be procreating.

If an adult can't make a distinction between the two, they shouldn't be procreating.

I guess I just find it troubling that a guy who can't handle his emotions on a message board and gets obsessively personal on a routine basis is somehow helping 7 year olds solve their "gender identity confusion".

That is another ignorant comment. There are many charitable organizations and counseling groups out there specifically for the purpose of helping children with sexuality and gender issues.
They need all the help they can get when there are jackasses out there still fighting them tooth and nail while often humiliating them.
but the child isnt even at a sexually mature yet. hell id say its probably not a good idea for that same kid to cross a busy street without a cross walk person there. yet here you are trying to shove gendered crap down this kids throat before they are even old enough to understand it let alone make long term life decisions.

sure those people bullying/humiliating that kid are bad, but dont kid yourself what you are doing is just as bad long term.

but the child isnt even at a sexually mature yet. hell id say its probably not a good idea for that same kid to cross a busy street without a cross walk person there. yet here you are trying to shove gendered crap down this kids throat before they are even old enough to understand it let alone make long term life decisions.

sure those people bullying/humiliating that kid are bad, but dont kid yourself what you are doing is just as bad long term.

Agree, but at the same time I don't necessarily see that Chemmie is doing anything wrong. If it's just a matter of encouraging a kid to be who they want to be that's totally fine. If it's influencing a kid that young to make a significant life choice that they are totally unprepared for, that's pretty messed up.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06

I think we might be on the same page here...
I don't think parents should be pushing gender stuff on their kids. However, this does include traditional gender roles: continuously telling your boy to stop acting like a girl when they say they want to do ballet or wear a dress.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
I guess I just find it troubling that a guy who can't handle his emotions on a message board and gets obsessively personal on a routine basis is somehow helping 7 year olds solve their "gender identity confusion".
How could I possibly ever perform any action of value being such a godless heathen, right?

I don't think parents should be pushing gender stuff on their kids. However, this does include traditional gender roles: continuously telling your boy to stop acting like a girl when they say they want to do ballet or wear a dress.
just dont tell that boy hes actually a girl traped in a boys body.

just dont tell that boy hes actually a girl traped in a boys body.
You can't ignore it forever.
If a parent is in this situation, the time will come when the child tells you. It could be at 7 years old. It could be 18 years old. It could be 40.

Agreed. This is what I was getting at in my initial post. This seems like exactly what the left would advocate for and is the reasonable position yet Mario was crucified and I just don't get it.

And to your previous post, hopefully it really is a small minority of people that try and push their kids in to classifications outside of penis vs vagina but that fact that there are ANY decisions being made that go the route of sex-change treatment for children is very concerning.

Agreed. This is what I was getting at in my initial post. This seems like exactly what the left would advocate for and is the reasonable position yet Mario was crucified and I just don't get it.

And to your previous post, hopefully it really is a small minority of people that try and push their kids in to classifications outside of penis vs vagina but that fact that there are ANY decisions being made that go the route of sex-change treatment for children is very concerning.

I've seen middle school children going through transition. Though I don't support treatment (hormone, surgery, etc.) at that age. I think they should stick to counselling.

Then again, I've seen high school children transition and end up happier and more confident than ever. Sometimes you wouldn't even know.

I'm not a doctor, but I think even doctors don't know the long-term effects of treatments yet. This is all still fairly new.

that is utter nonsense. stop feeding that poor kid more lies and only making it worse for him down the line. he hasnt even hit puberty yet. you are part of the problem.
Absolutely. It's a time-honored tradition for parents and kids at school to harass all the kids who are 'different' to tow-the-line and behave like everybody else!!!!

We wouldn't want to screw up these innocent, young kids by...gasp!...allowing them to be themselves regardless of how different it might be from 'the norm,' right?

It's funny how the Progressives say parents should be able to determine their child's gender at age 3 because they 'understand them best.'

But when a Conservative takes their child to church? Or countless other things? Sigh ...

Abraham Lincoln once asked an audience how many legs a dog has if you count the tail as a leg. When they answered “five,” Lincoln told them that the answer was four. The fact that you called the tail a leg did not make it a leg.

Absolutely. It's a time-honored tradition for parents and kids at school to harass all the kids who are 'different' to tow-the-line and behave like everybody else!!!!

We wouldn't want to screw up these innocent, young kids by...gasp!...allowing them to be themselves regardless of how different it might be from 'the norm,' right?

Just look at the contempt and complete lack of empathy from the usual suspects in this thread. I thought, maybe, seeing a story about a 7 year old crying through these issues may have brewed some empathetic feelings, but no.

The craziest thing is none of this is new. There have always been children, and adults, dealing with these issues. It is just more open now, and most people were forced to keep these things secret in the past. To this day, I still see parents kicking their own children out of their homes for these issues. Some people will never learn to be on the right side of history.

Just look at the contempt and complete lack of empathy from the usual suspects in this thread. I thought, maybe, seeing a story about a 7 year old crying through these issues may have brewed some empathetic feelings, but no.

The craziest thing is none of this is new. There have always been children, and adults, dealing with these issues. It is just more open now, and most people were forced to keep these things secret in the past. To this day, I still see parents kicking their own children out of their homes for these issues. Some people will never learn to be on the right side of history.
If you are trying to Frame my comment that way it’s because you want to start a mice right vs left argument where you pretend you know everything and anyone who disagrees with you is a racist bigot redneck

you dont tell a person with schizophrenia that the crazy things they hear and see are real. you get them counselling and medications. you dont tell a 7 year old boy that hes actually a girl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT