ADVERTISEMENT

Marlon Williams Says Goodbye to UCF

What a horrible move. No way he gets drafted. He should stay for his bonus year.

I need to start this narrative so he doesn’t leave. Kid is amazing and will be stellar at the next level, but it’s about me and what I want.
I agree Happy. 99% of these kids won't get drafted.....like Otis. They will miss another year at UCF and be unemployed. Fee agent, try-out, let go (released)

Depending how he does at the combine.....while we put all the usf guys IN a combine, I think he can be a late 5th rounder or so.

Otis really should come back, but I bet he doesn’t.

Can someone explain where Otis being drafted makes sense?

AK is the perfect example. AK is same size, but more speed. AK was a very good receiver too. I just don’t see how Otis is anything but a very late round pick at best.

What round do you guys think he can get drafted at?
Depends on his 40 time.. He is bigger and stronger than receivers such as Gabe or Trequan which a plus. He is 2-3 inches shorter than them though which is a minus. It will come down to his 40 time. If he is sub 4.5 he can go in round 4. If he is 4.5 or up, rounds 5-7.

What round do you guys think he can get drafted at?

He had a great season and dominated AAC opponents but I don’t think he will be drafted higher than the 6th round based on lack of top end speed. Maybe moves up to 5th round with a 4.55. Maybe undrafted if he clocks in at 4.7 or worse. Crazy how a fraction of second can be the difference. I just never saw him as a prototypical NFL receiver the way I viewed Trequan and Gabriel.

He had a great season and dominated AAC opponents but I don’t think he will be drafted higher than the 6th round based on lack of top end speed. Maybe moves up to 5th round with a 4.55. Maybe undrafted if he clocks in at 4.7 or worse. Crazy how a fraction of second can be the difference. I just never saw him as a prototypical NFL receiver the way I viewed Trequan and Gabriel.
I think I see more potential. Just me though. Talking NFL.

I agree Happy. 99% of these kids won't get drafted.....like Otis. They will miss another year at UCF and be unemployed. Fee agent, try-out, let go (released)
It’s true. If Otis can stay, he should. He is super talented, but small. Williams is 2nd or 3rd round material. Probably not a deep threat in the NFL, but with his strength and ability to YAC he will be a solid 2 or 3 guy.

Reactions: knight_tracker
It’s true. If Otis can stay, he should. He is super talented, but small. Williams is 2nd or 3rd round material. Probably not a deep threat in the NFL, but with his strength and ability to YAC he will be a solid 2 or 3 guy.
Otis graduated and if he’s too small he’s too small. Why stay another year?

Otis graduated and if he’s too small he’s too small. Why stay another year?
For funsies. He could start a graduate degree and it's one more year hanging around college girls. There could certainly be a place for him on an NFL roster. He has the talent. He just need to land with a coach who has an eye for what he can do.

He will probably get overlooked due to just height/speed measurable as so many talented people are, thats just the nature of the draft. The Devonta Smith's from Bama will always be the "sure things" for scouts. But I think Marlon is the type of guy to land of a team late round/undrafted as a slot guy and make a bunch of noise in the league, kind of like Cole Beasley for the Bills right now.

Also depends on how deep the WR class is, this covid year no-one really knows anything. Half the B1G and Pac-12 haven't played more than 4 games. Maybe scouts will be looking deep into a reliable conference like the American for talent. and we played all our games without issue so that could be a bonus.

He will probably get overlooked due to just height/speed measurable as so many talented people are, thats just the nature of the draft. The Devonta Smith's from Bama will always be the "sure things" for scouts. But I think Marlon is the type of guy to land of a team late round/undrafted as a slot guy and make a bunch of noise in the league, kind of like Cole Beasley for the Bills right now.

Also depends on how deep the WR class is, this covid year no-one really knows anything. Half the B1G and Pac-12 haven't played more than 4 games. Maybe scouts will be looking deep into a reliable conference like the American for talent. and we played all our games without issue so that could be a bonus.
He’s 6’0” 215 LBs. That isn’t tiny. Most Corners are 6’0” 185 LBs. 25 LBs heavier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT