ADVERTISEMENT

Masterpiece Cakes is Back in the News

sk8knight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
On the day the Supreme Court decided to take up the Masterpiece Cakes religious freedom vs. gay rights case, an attorney in Colorado called the bakery and asked them to make a cake celebrating a gender transition. The bakery refused on religious grounds and the attorney then filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Commission. That agency waited until the original case was settled and then issued a finding that the bakery was in violation. Masterpiece Cakes has now filed suit against Colorado.

Interestingly, the bakery's suit claims that they received calls to make a large number of alternate cakes; "Throughout the next year, Phillips received other requests for cakes celebrating Satan, featuring Satanic symbols, depicting sexually explicit materials, and promoting marijuana use. Phillips believes that some of those requests came from the same Colorado lawyer." They declined all of them for the same reason.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/...-again-this-time-over-gender-transition-cake/

Ah yes. Nothing says "tolerance of others" like targeting and harassing a family owned small business and trying to run them out of business.

I guess being a degenerate cretin is OK so long as it's for a Woke cause.

Just waiting for some jackasses on right to respond in kind.

I feel bad for these people. They are in the limelight and are an easy target due to no fault of their own.

Using the state to harass people is what racists used to do.
I'm so tired of the illiberal movement, which seems to be coming from the left far more than the right as of 2006+.

Reactions: UCFWayne
On this same forum front page is some red hat making a thread about Muslims running for office and how horrible it is.

The freedom of religion crowd didn't jump to defend that religion.

For some reason the only religion any of you care about being free is bigoted Christianity. I know why that is but i wont say it.

On this same forum front page is some red hat making a thread about Muslims running for office and how horrible it is.

For some reason the only religion any of you care about being free is bigoted Christianity. I know why that is but i wont say it.

Lol what?

This guy thinks a private business is the same as the government. This guy probably doesn't know that Muslims throw gays off rooftops when they control the government.

Here's what happens when you ask Muslims to bake a homo's cake:

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT