ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS rules in favor of bakery in gay wedding cake case

Fixed.

It is pretty easy to tell which of our local christian white males have never had to deal with any adversity, exploitation, or discrimination in their lives, and never talked to a child dealing with any of those things. Maybe we should send these guys into our local middle or elementary schools to meet a few children dealing with gender and sexuality issues at an early age. Maybe a crying child will change their mind.

Oh. Good to know. If you'd like to talk about helping kids deal with adversity we can do that. How many foster kids have you taken in? How many times have you done family support work with kids who have only 1 parent and that parent is a meth addict? Ever work with special needs kids? How about helping immigrant kids who had no education up until they were 13 years old and training them in a trade that they were interested in?

I dont throw the term hypocrite around very often, but you meet the definition. You think your empty words are worth more than the actions of people who actually do good in life. Do us all a favor and just take a break.

Oh. Good to know. If you'd like to talk about helping kids deal with adversity we can do that. How many foster kids have you taken in? How many times have you done family support work with kids who have only 1 parent and that parent is a meth addict? Ever work with special needs kids? How about helping immigrant kids who had no education up until they were 13 years old and training them in a trade that they were interested in?

I dont throw the term hypocrite around very often, but you meet the definition. You think your empty words are worth more than the actions of people who actually do good in life. Do us all a favor and just take a break.

Oooohhhh... a dick measuring contest!! Did Sir-G get a name change? Have you taken any special needs orphans out on your yacht lately?

(FYI: The answer to some of your questions is 'yes.')

@chemmie you decided to edit that post and added my name to it basically saying I made cringy comments about this topic or homosexuals in general. It's absolutely false. show me some proof or gtfo of here with your childish nonsense. My only comment here was about how I would not miss my friends daughters wedding just because she was marrying another woman. I have been consistent on this forever. I know all I will get from you is some insult that only you and ninja think is funny or cute. But that's OK. A POS like you just doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: fabknight
@chemmie you decided to edit that post and added my name to it basically saying I made cringy comments about this topic or homosexuals in general. It's absolutely false. show me some proof or gtfo of here with your childish nonsense. My only comment here was about how I would not miss my friends daughters wedding just because she was marrying another woman. I have been consistent on this forever. I know all I will get from you is some insult that only you and ninja think is funny or cute. But that's OK. A POS like you just doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

You’re reading the posts of a truly terrible and disgusting person. Just ignore him already.

His point is that you dont fall in line lockstep with everything he believes, so you are a moron, a bigot, and say stupid stuff. The far left progressives have no use for anyone who thinks freely, or god forbid differently. Just another reason the democrats keep losing and will for a long, long time. Thats why they have to indoctrinate kids at an early age on what to think.

Reactions: UCFWayne
You’re reading the posts of a truly terrible and disgusting person. Just ignore him already.

16684739856_8328494b03_b.jpg

His point is that you dont fall in line lockstep with everything he believes, so you are a moron, a bigot, and say stupid stuff. The far left progressives have no use for anyone who thinks freely, or god forbid differently. Just another reason the democrats keep losing and will for a long, long time. Thats why they have to indoctrinate kids at an early age on what to think.
"Free thinking" is the right-wing code word for "moron."

a good friend recently came out as gay. hes in his mid to late 30s.

Coming out as gay and actually being gay are 2 very different things. I'm well aware the journey to accepting being gay is something that is personal and can happen quickly or may take a very long time. This guy didn't happen to switch sexuality, he just wasn't ready to come out yet.

People also don't stop being gay.

I can't wait for someone to tell me that people can become un-gay.

Coming out as gay and actually being gay are 2 very different things. I'm well aware the journey to accepting being gay is something that is personal and can happen quickly or may take a very long time. This guy didn't happen to switch sexuality, he just wasn't ready to come out yet.

There have been a great number of people that went from a gay lifestyle to a straight lifestyle. I have a couple of friends that did. I suppose you could say they were experimenting earlier or they are truly bi. But really, its a spectrum and emotional love slides along it. I hate pigeonholing people into one group or the other and saying now this is what you are because that's where a lot of the external hatred and self-loathing/confusion and whatnot come from.

Anecdotally, we had figured growing up that the age was 27. Not sure why, but most of us settled into one lifestyle or another by then.

There have been a great number of people that went from a gay lifestyle to a straight lifestyle. I have a couple of friends that did. I suppose you could say they were experimenting earlier or they are truly bi. But really, its a spectrum and emotional love slides along it. I hate pigeonholing people into one group or the other and saying now this is what you are because that's where a lot of the external hatred and self-loathing/confusion and whatnot come from.

Anecdotally, we had figured growing up that the age was 27. Not sure why, but most of us settled into one lifestyle or another by then.

It's perfectly plausible that they are bi. Sexuality is a sliding scale, I agree. You do know this as you become sexually active though. Whether you want to admit it to yourself, that's another story.

When I was younger, I would almost force myself to try to find women sexually attractive, I just didn't and still don't. You know what you're attracted to, whether you decide to act on it is another story.

...and sure, someone can go from living as a gay man to living as a straight man, that doesn't mean they aren't gay. If I go and be with a woman for the rest of my life starting now, I am still gay as fvck, I'm just choosing not to act on it.

God this thread is amazing. I can't wait for Wayne to tell us about his friend who had gay conversion therapy and is now happily married to a woman with kids.

I dont believe anyone here has made that claim. I will say that the "questioning" aspect of the LBGTQ+ movement is worth discussion. Can a person question only if they start out straight and then choose gay, or is the reverse true?

Personally, i think the idea is insulting to both sides.

I dont believe anyone here has made that claim. I will say that the "questioning" aspect of the LBGTQ+ movement is worth discussion. Can a person question only if they start out straight and then choose gay, or is the reverse true?

Personally, i think the idea is insulting to both sides.

Let's put it this way. The default is "straight". Everyone is assumed straight until told otherwise. Which is fine, it's what the vast majority of society is/defines as.

If you go as far as to choose to come out as gay, you've probably had a lot of self reflection already and have to be pretty convinced you actually are gay.

I tried as long as possible to "not be gay". Then I came out as bi...and then finally was able to tell myself that I was truly gay. I don't think I would have gone through all that trouble if I wasn't sure.

Reactions: Crazyhole
It's perfectly plausible that they are bi. Sexuality is a sliding scale, I agree. You do know this as you become sexually active though. Whether you want to admit it to yourself, that's another story.

When I was younger, I would almost force myself to try to find women sexually attractive, I just didn't and still don't. You know what you're attracted to, whether you decide to act on it is another story.

...and sure, someone can go from living as a gay man to living as a straight man, that doesn't mean they aren't gay. If I go and be with a woman for the rest of my life starting now, I am still gay as fvck, I'm just choosing not to act on it.
Right, but the friends I know that have "gone straight" aren't just "being with a woman." They only had feelings for men and then that changed. They were the epitomes of gayness. Then one day a woman came around and rocked their world. Now they're straight.

That's why I believe that it is a lifestyle rather than an immutable attribute. Because you love who you love as a human. Just because you haven't loved a woman, even though you've tried before and failed, doesn't mean you might not some day. Don't put yourself into one category or the other because you might just miss something extraordinary.

Right, but the friends I know that have "gone straight" aren't just "being with a woman." They only had feelings for men and then that changed. They were the epitomes of gayness. Then one day a woman came around and rocked their world. Now they're straight.

That's why I believe that it is a lifestyle rather than an immutable attribute. Because you love who you love as a human. Just because you haven't loved a woman, even though you've tried before and failed, doesn't mean you might not some day. Don't put yourself into one category or the other because you might just miss something extraordinary.

I can guarantee you I will never be romantically in love with a woman. I of course have friends that are girls that I love but not in that way. I just do not find women attractive. It's not about finding the right one - their anatomy does absolutely nothing for me. Laugh all you want but I legit find women's V's disgusting.

The person you are referring to was never 100% gay then - which is perfectly plausible. I'd venture to say most people aren't 100% one or the other.

I can guarantee you I will never be romantically in love with a woman. I of course have friends that are girls that I love but not in that way. I just do not find women attractive. It's not about finding the right one - their anatomy does absolutely nothing for me. Laugh all you want but I legit find women's V's disgusting.

The person you are referring to was never 100% gay then - which is perfectly plausible. I'd venture to say most people aren't 100% one or the other.
But... what if it was a woman who used to be a man.... j/k

I respect you and thank you for having a frank discussion.

Let's put it this way. The default is "straight". Everyone is assumed straight until told otherwise. Which is fine, it's what the vast majority of society is/defines as.

If you go as far as to choose to come out as gay, you've probably had a lot of self reflection already and have to be pretty convinced you actually are gay.

I tried as long as possible to "not be gay". Then I came out as bi...and then finally was able to tell myself that I was truly gay. I don't think I would have gone through all that trouble if I wasn't sure.

I can't imagine this not being 100% true. So why do you think they added "questioning"?

I can't imagine this not being 100% true. So why do you think they added "questioning"?

I at one point was questioning. Some people may be questioning for their whole life. It's about your journey to figure out who you are sexually.

BTW - the Q can also stand for queer.

I at one point was questioning. Some people may be questioning for their whole life. It's about your journey to figure out who you are sexually.

BTW - the Q can also stand for queer.
What is queer? I thought that was an insult

That’s funny since a woman’s body is often described as a “work of art” whereas men’s bodies are described as utilitarian Jeeps (hat tip- Seinfeld).

Is that why gay guys often are so in shape and dress well? That’s a cliche you guys should be proud of BTW.

That’s funny since a woman’s body is often described as a “work of art” whereas men’s bodies are described as utilitarian Jeeps (hat tip- Seinfeld).

Is that why gay guys often are so in shape and dress well? That’s a cliche you guys should be proud of BTW.

Depends how you look at it. It can make gay men very self-conscious. There's a very high standard that many, including myself feel like they need to live up to.

It also changes with the times. In the 90's it was skinny twinks that were the ideal body, now it's muscle daddies that are in.

(through in some gay lingo for y'all)

Depends how you look at it. It can make gay men very self-conscious. There's a very high standard that many, including myself feel like they need to live up to.

It also changes with the times. In the 90's it was skinny twinks that were the ideal body, now it's muscle daddies that are in.

(through in some gay lingo for y'all)

So Is Cam on modern family not believable? He’s stylish but obviously a bigger guy.

I agree that you guys should let go a little. If straight husbands can be Peter Griffin characters than you guys should be able to also.

So Is Cam on modern family not believable? He’s stylish but obviously a bigger guy.

I agree that you guys should let go a little. If straight husbands can be Peter Griffin characters than you guys should be able to also.
There are plenty of older gay guys with money that have let go and are dating younger in-shape guys.

He's believable. There's tons of different sub-groups of gays.

He's a bear.

It's not about finding the right one - their anatomy does absolutely nothing for me. Laugh all you want but I legit find women's V's disgusting.

I'm glad you said that.

I remember a few years ago when we were having a discussion on homosexuality and I got lambasted for saying that I find the idea of 2 guys being together sexually totally repulsive. I can deal with guys being gay but I argued that I personally hated seeing PDAs. I was obviously called a homophobe and told to get over it. Much as a V repulses you, two dudes together repulses me. To me, seeing two dudes together is the equivalent of seeing someone eat a great big booger. It's just something that I will never stop being repulsed by.

That's why I hate the term homophobe. I don't fear it, I just don't like seeing it in public. Actually, I don't particularly enjoy seeing any PDAs, even if it's heterosexual.

Thoughts?

Reactions: UCFWayne
I can deal with guys being gay
Thoughts?

I think you are such an amazing individual, you deserve a cookie for dealing with two people loving each other that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Fuking ignorance.

I'm glad you said that.

I remember a few years ago when we were having a discussion on homosexuality and I got lambasted for saying that I find the idea of 2 guys being together sexually totally repulsive. I can deal with guys being gay but I argued that I personally hated seeing PDAs. I was obviously called a homophobe and told to get over it. Much as a V repulses you, two dudes together repulses me. To me, seeing two dudes together is the equivalent of seeing someone eat a great big booger. It's just something that I will never stop being repulsed by.

That's why I hate the term homophobe. I don't fear it, I just don't like seeing it in public. Actually, I don't particularly enjoy seeing any PDAs, even if it's heterosexual.

Thoughts?

I think what I’m saying is a bit different. Two girls kissing doesn’t repulse me, neither does a man and a woman. What I don’t find sexually attractive at all is a vagina.

I can understand finding two men doing it gross or another naked man. But not them just kissing or being affectionate.

Reactions: fabknight
That post is neither a disrespect for people with autism nor for gays.
Just an attempt to provide bq, a good kid, a theory why he cannot ungay while some others did because they may be on the opposing ends of the gayness spectrum.

Now is it a bad analogy? Probably.

That post is neither a disrespect for people with autism nor for gays.
Just an attempt to provide bq, a good kid, a theory why he cannot ungay while some others did because they may be on the opposing ends of the gayness spectrum.

Now is it a bad analogy? Probably.

Thank you for that clarification. I'll admit to scratching my head at your comment, lol, but now I get it.

I don't know that i would subscribe to a theory about there being a gay spectrum, but clearly everybody is their own person and people change their ways, thoughts, beliefs, even personalities as time goes on. To that end, I agree with you that a person could become straight after being gay and vice versa but its got to be such an outlier that its pretty easy to dismiss.

My ex wife has an uncle who was in a really, really bad car accident about 25 years ago. The driver was killed and he needed reconstructive surgery on his face and a lot of grafting on his arms. Prior to the accident he was straight, afterwards he was gay and had a completely different personality. He'll tell you that he never had any inkling of being homosexual prior to it, and recognizes that his personality is way different.

This isnt anecdotal evidence and I'm not making a point of any kind, just an interesting story.

I'm glad you said that.

Thoughts?
same. let them be gay all they want, it doesnt affect me. i just dont like seeing the pda. they should be able to have their civil union and buy the cake from a vendor that wants their business, not force someone against their will. then they should go home and smoke some pot on their porch while cleaning their guns.

ADVERTISEMENT