ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lee to enter the Portal šŸ˜³

Gus isnā€™t as good recruiting players already on campus ā€¦our biggest weakness and we are losing guys?

Reactions: Yaes
Heupel probably recruiting him to Tennessee
That doesn't make sense. UT has its own "hometown hero" playing center.

I would guess Wisconsin/Like Fickle has been tampering because the Badgers center just declared for the NFL.

• Wow
Reactions: knight_tracker
Seems like he just wants something different for sake of experience. Can't blame him, life is short. Never forget his first start was like 3 false starts in the same drive right lol? I swear he's been a stud ever since then. This one sucks but best of luck to him.

Reactions: tjb74
He wants NFL. Not blocking for JRP to run into sacks while our offense puts up 14 points against our Big 12 schedule.
Taking JRP as a transfer has not been worth it. pretty sure a lot of these issues w culture started in Fall camp. I do not understand Gus..they see what fans see. It is a joke that not only is JRP QB1 but he shouldnā€™t be in the QB room period. none of our skill guys like him

He wants NFL. Not blocking for JRP to run into sacks while our offense puts up 14 points against our Big 12 schedule.
Unless the scouts are looking at Plumlee, it doesnā€™t matter what he does. They can look at film and decipher who can pass pro and who canā€™t. He probably wants more team success and doesnā€™t think this offense can accomplish that.

Good luck to him. The truth is UCF gave him a great opportunity, early in his career, and he started off poorly then improved as he learned the position. Turned out to be a hard worker and a good college C. Many programs wouldn't have stuck with him after his ridiculous start, but UCF did and for that he should be thankful. He worked hard and improved greatly and for that UCF should be thankful. But now he's leaving so next man up! I'm more concerned about Gus bringing in an OC who takes charge of the Offense and forces Gus to better manage this program. If that doesn't happen, then Houston we have a problem...

Good luck to him. The truth is UCF gave him a great opportunity, early in his career, and he started off poorly then improved as he learned the position. Turned out to be a hard worker and a good college C. Many programs wouldn't have stuck with him after his ridiculous start, but UCF did and for that he should be thankful. He worked hard and improved greatly and for that UCF should be thankful. But now he's leaving so next man up! I'm more concerned about Gus bringing in an OC who takes charge of the Offense and forces Gus to better manage this program. If that doesn't happen, then Houston we have a problem...
He started poorly? He was all conference first team in 2020 as a RS freshman.

He started poorly? He was all conference first team in 2020 as a RS freshman.
Did you see his first few games??? He could barely snap the ball and had the twitches...craziest thing I've seen from a C. But, like I wrote, UCF stuck with him, he settled down and improved. Next man up!

This is an absolute disaster.
Dude left. His choice. There is nothing anybody can do about it. Nobody has 35-40 scholarships per season to plug holes, and there is little control over when kids can go into the portal. Itā€™s perhaps the biggest problem with the portal. Itā€™s not aligned well with recruiting. They overlap so itā€™s a problem. They need to do something like move National Signing day to early January, then give 30 days afterwards for ā€œportal-maniaā€ (or vice versa). Teams donā€™t even know all their needs with them overlapped like they are until it is too late.

Last edited:
Dude left. His choice. There is nothing anybody can do about it. Nobody has 35-40 scholarships per season to plug holes, and there is little control over when kids can go into the portal. Itā€™s perhaps the biggest problem with the portal. Itā€™s not aligned well with recruiting. They overlap so itā€™s a problem. They need to do something like move National Signing day to early January, then give 30 days afterwards for ā€œportal-maniaā€ (or vice versa). Teams donā€™t even know all their needs with them overlapped like they are until it is too late.
The 25 scholarship limit for initial counters was removed for the 2023 and 2024 recruiting cycles. So the only limitation right now is the overall 85 scholly limit.

The 25 scholarship limit for initial counters was removed for the 2023 and 2024 recruiting cycles. So the only limitation right now is the overall 85 scholly limit.
Good info. A team/program can still get left out in the cold if a player transfers out, especially if you were planning on them staying. Has he been tampered with? I think this is happening a lot and nobody is doing anything about it. The NCAA is turning a blind eye to it. Itā€™s a free-for-all right now. Itā€™s a big problem.

There is a signing day in February.

According to PFF apprently he is graded as the best OL on the team for the season with 0 sacks allowed and two QB pressures.

According to PFF apprently he is graded as the best OL on the team for the season with 0 sacks allowed and two QB pressures.
He was graded as the best overall offensive player on UCF for 2022. 83.7

Imagine passing on Phil Longo and Dan Lanning for a mentally handicapped hick

I've just become numb to this whole Portal and NIL thing. After a few years, there will be enough data to suggest the grass is NOT always greener, and that will help sway players to stay home.

That being said, so far I think this year, we got the better end of the Portal, unlike last year where losing both Sockboy and Bethune really hurt us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT