ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Hoops NIT Bound, Faces Florida in First Round

Why didn’t they come to us if their coach did? Maybe they transfer to us.
Players commit and sign NLI’s while they’re still in HS, which happened in this case I believe before Witherspoon was added to the UCF staff.

That team at DP also had a five-star center who plays for Kansas.

Great defensive performance of course, but gosh I can’t believe how bad the Gators are. They’ll probably fire their coach after this one

Student section really dropped the ball this year. They could have made a myriad of tshirts with “Pooh” as the focus. For example,”I don’t see Pooh on the court?”. A whole series of tshirts with different “Pooh” phrases, questions and emojis.

FAIL….but they could redeem themselves next season.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: I ABear I
Players commit and sign NLI’s while they’re still in HS, which happened in this case I believe before Witherspoon was added to the UCF staff.

That team at DP also had a five-star center who plays for Kansas.
Bring back wackadoos from indeed. Miss those gottta skip class tenders and a fat ass beer.

Reactions: beelit47
UP NEXT
UCF will visit Oregon, the top seed of the region, on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET inside Matthew Knight Arena. The first meeting in program history between the Knights and Ducks will be televised on ESPNU.

I can see UCF winning this game. Hendricks is gonna have a huge game.
Props on both accounts. He just had an off-night vs Memphis...glad he attack INSIDE the perimeter last night...as he noted in his post game press conf that he wanted to take advantage of the size advantage...so he spent a lot less time outside the perimeter (went just 1-2 from 3).

Be prepared for Oregon's horrible looking floor. i watched the opening tip of their game last night. It is not eye pleasing.
Its a mess...and visitors do struggle throwing up 3s since its hard to see where the line is at different points in the "forest".

cda110e6-8973-48ba-aa66-05df6d27b88d-large16x9_cda110e6897348baaa6605df6d27b88dDucksbasketballseasonopener2.jpg

SQJ762MEOBCQ7P62MDQKMX7NVU.JPG

1bc24285-1b03-48f3-a4b2-040d7f1330e8_448871_TABLET_LANDSCAPE_LARGE_16_9.jpg

Need to make time body adjustment for the west coast
Yeah I was wondering the same thing (when they were going to travel out there). Probably either late tonight or early tomorrow. Game is late Sunday afternoon (PST), so you would ideally want to be in Eugene, OR 48 hours ahead of time.

Reactions: connerito
"No line is set yet for the Ducks vs. Knights matchup."

What's everyone's guess on opening line?

I'm going Oregon as 6 point favorites.

UCF will need to be road warriors! That's a long flight. I imagine they flying out Friday.

JD actually showed some emotion last night. When we had one of our many turnovers, he actually said something to the player. He needs to keep it up. Kids want to be pushed. Not babied.

Great defensive performance of course, but gosh I can’t believe how bad the Gators are. They’ll probably fire their coach after this one
They just fired White for this guy a year ago. His recruiting is bad. They will be bad again next year. I’m expecting they lose a few guys to transfer in next few days.

I noticed that three of Oregon’s starters didn’t play last night against UC-Irvine (all seniors):
-N. Dante (leading scorer, leading rebounder)
-W. Richardson (led team in assists & steals)
-J. Couisnard (2nd leading scorer)

Will still be a very difficult game, but couldn’t hurt if those three are still out Sunday.

The AD has to have something to work with but his/her urging owes some weight. That being said UCF and UF don’t have a big gap on credentials
Florida looked like the worst team in the state! OMG, no fire, turnovers, sloppy....wow! Is this the same school that won the Natty?....wow

Last edited:
Weird season for UCF against in-state competition. Beat UF and FSU pretty handily (as well as Stetson). Barely lose to Miami by 2. Lose twice to USF.

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
a-hole response...typicaL from KL. Not this class mo-ron. LOL
Dude...it was funny...as NO ONE would have ever compared UF's team this year with their teams from 2006 & 2007.

You said: "Is this the same team that won the Natty?"

You gave the impression that this "team" (with many of the same players) had just WON a national title...when in reality it happened 16 years ago.

I haven't seen any odds posted yet for UCF/ducks. But, espn predictor has Oregon 71.4 percent on the 'matchup predictor'.

Whatever that means.

Weird season for UCF against in-state competition. Beat UF and FSU pretty handily (as well as Stetson). Barely lose to Miami by 2. Lose twice to USF.
usf is certainly better than FSU this year. But still should have beaten them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT