ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan ahead of UCF? WTF!!

Until it actually happens, it’s fantasy Kind of like the dozens of other posters who said Frost wouldn’t leave as well, but aren’t admitting it now Wink wink

Glad Frost is gone. Heupel is has a higher football IQ. He’s a better coach who probably won’t realy on best friend crappy coaches after they have lost a ton of games.
I don't agree with your assessment on which coach has the higher football IQ. I just looked up both of their past coaching experiences (taking into account success) and what coaches they played for and the other coaches they coached with. Not even close at all. Please explain as I do see Heupel taking over a big time program in the future but having trouble with this comparison.

I don't agree with your assessment on which coach has the higher football IQ. I just looked up both of their past coaching experiences (taking into account success) and what coaches they played for and the other coaches they coached with. Not even close at all. Please explain as I do see Heupel taking over a big time program in the future but having trouble with this comparison.
One wants to live in Nebraska the other wants to live in Florida. That’s all the IQ I need to know

One wants to live in Nebraska the other wants to live in Florida. That’s all the IQ I need to know
Current temp Lincoln NE 33. Highs in the 20s with rain and snow on the way. Nebraska's biggest recruit visit games were brutally cold. It's a survival of the fittest experience just getting to practice/class. After football season all that's left is avoiding hypothermia for 3 months.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Getting back to the original topic.. The fact that Michigan is ahead of UCF is ridiculous. I hope that Pitt beats Clemson. What would the committee do then? The only result that would truly suck for UCF would be a UGA win over Bama, I think if that happens Bama still is #4.

Getting back to the original topic.. The fact that Michigan is ahead of UCF is ridiculous. I hope that Pitt beats Clemson. What would the committee do then? The only result that would truly suck for UCF would be a UGA win over Bama, I think if that happens Bama still is #4.

But it would piss off a lot of the right people if 3 of the power conferences are left out of the playoff.

Current temp Lincoln NE 33. Highs in the 20s with rain and snow on the way. Nebraska's biggest recruit visit games were brutally cold. It's a survival of the fittest experience just getting to practice/class. After football season all that's left is avoiding hypothermia for 3 months.
Jesus, is this still a thing? Ok, being closer to the equator is something to be proud of.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Stormthecourt? Answered it perfectly! [winking]

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The committee has to consider that any team they invite to the CFI could win it all.

They need to ask themselves, "Do they REALLY want a CFI champ that has 2 losses when there is another undefeated team around?"

Especially if one of those losses is a blow out?

The committee has to consider that any team they invite to the CFI could win it all.

They need to ask themselves, "Do they REALLY want a CFI champ that has 2 losses when there is another undefeated team around?"

I'd love a 2 loss team win the playoffs. Then we likely win some computer rankings.

This!

Personally i think UCF should be ranked ahead of Michigan, but I can see the thought process. Theoretically the 3rd best team would lose to the 1st and 2nd best, so on and so forth. There is obviously a level of justification that the committee is using for this, based on what they perceive the quality of their opponents to be. That being said, undefeated is undefeated and that should carry more weight than it does.

Seems like self imposed justification though.

I'll take a bowl game against Michigan all day. They can't handle anyone with speed. Ohio State was the fastest team they played and look what happened? ND has some speed too and Michigan lost to them with their back-up QB and without their starting RB. UCF would put up 40+ on Michigan.
Close game>Michigan blowout win>UCF blowout win. This matchup wouldnt be a 52-49 type game, which gives the advantage to UCF. More like 24-23 and a tossup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT