ADVERTISEMENT

Milton is...

BlakNGoldAllDay

Todd's Tiki Bar
Dec 21, 2016
nowhere to be found. Homesick or just AWOL. Not good for him. Maybe he thought we should stop recruiting QBs.

Can't tell if this is satire or something the team is concerned about. Anybody want to fill me in?

Can't tell if this is satire or something the team is concerned about. Anybody want to fill me in?
Its real, my guess is he is homesick, needs some time away.
Hell i almost transferred after my freshman year due to homesickness, and i wasnt even playing a sport any longer. Its tough.
Glad i didnt tho

on a serious not some of these guys can't block out stuff on social media, etc & it can't be easy to go that far from home and have a fanbase hate you. He had some brutral remarks directed at him from fans on twitter after the bowl game. That's why I thought the piling on was too much for a True F that was originally supposed to redshirt.

Reactions: Miltonian
Nobody hates him. Not on here anyway Honest criticism isn't the same as hate. Handling criticism and adversity is a part of the maturity process. It's called life. He can deal with it and grow and get stronger or let it get to him.

Can't handle the twitter pressure? Really guys, that's what you think is going on?
If true, then we need a QB with more mental fortitude.

I hope he's not injured or something health related that he doesn't trust the UCF staff to handle.

College academics can be a tough adjustment for anyone. I remember I was a senior and had to take freshman biology to meet requirements of the curriculum. All you had to do was the assigned reading from the textbook, yet kids were dropping like flies.

To make a long story short - I remember the professor telling the students ... "and I do give F's". And he sure did. Half the freshman got F's on the first exam and got a rude awakening to what is expected out of academics.

Reactions: Knightbengal
Can't handle the twitter pressure? Really guys, that's what you think is going on?
If true, then we need a QB with more mental fortitude.

I hope he's not injured or something health related that he doesn't trust the UCF staff to handle.
there are Pro athletes that have admitted to deleting social media apps on their phone come Playoff time bc they get caught up reading all the garbage. I don't know what's going on with him but I'm sure he's aware how fans feel about him & he probably didn't expect it joining an 0-12 program.

Reactions: baselinetom
Can't we round up some hoes to help ease his tension and help him focus on academics? Plenty of hoes at UCF that would be willing to help I would imagine.

College academics can be a tough adjustment for anyone. I remember I was a senior and had to take freshman biology to meet requirements of the curriculum. All you had to do was the assigned reading from the textbook, yet kids were dropping like flies.

To make a long story short - I remember the professor telling the students ... "and I do give F's". And he sure did. Half the freshman got F's on the first exam and got a rude awakening to what is expected out of academics.
Especially since the Hawaii'n academic system isnt world renowned for being tough.
But yeah, these kids are still maturing, it takes time. Same thing happened to a Miami qb a few years ago. If you watch half of the 30 for 30's on some of these hall of famers or couldve beens, pretty much all of them almost transferred or went home for a while. Its more common than we would like to think. These kids, especially QB;s have a lot of pressure. More than pretty much anyone else on the team, its a tough adjustment...very tough.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
if he really is done at UCF the timing could not be worse

Marvin Washington right now
giphy.gif

Hard to imagine that he would leave the program. There isn't really a threat for him not to start in an up and coming offense with a lot of weapons being assembled around him. Are we sure he didn't just go back to Hawaii for a couple weeks to see the fam during the offseason?

Hard to imagine that he would leave the program. There isn't really a threat for him not to start in an up and coming offense with a lot of weapons being assembled around him. Are we sure he didn't just go back to Hawaii for a couple weeks to see the fam during the offseason?
We are not sure. Burkett came back too.

From a Football point of view it would be a stupid move. Mckenzie has way more weapons to work with at UCF. Because he would be screwing UCF with this timing I hope Frost doesn't release him. If you want to go home fine but this could have been done in January so the staff could have started looking for another QB or gave Marvin the attention he wanted to stick.

From a Football point of view it would be a stupid move. Mckenzie has way more weapons to work with at UCF. Because he would be screwing UCF with this timing I hope Frost doesn't release him. If you want to go home fine but this could have been done in January so the staff could have started looking for another QB or gave Marvin the attention he wanted to stick.
We need to wait for an official announcement from a more reliable source.

He isn't going to NFL anyway. Why not play in front of friends and family? Good move for him. We need bigger and more consistent anyway. Hope one of the 2 frosh we have are good. I won't be able to sit through a year of Dinovo.

He isn't going to NFL anyway. Why not play in front of friends and family? Good move for him. We need bigger and more consistent anyway. Hope one of the 2 frosh we have are good. I won't be able to sit through a year of Dinovo.
there was talk not long ago of Hawaii shutting down their Football Program bc of Financial issues, not exactly the most stable Program to sit a year out to transfer to

Man, I kinda wanted little guy to improve and prove me foolish for doubting him. However, having to decide between a tropical paradise or the crap hole that is East Orlando isn't that hard.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Man, I kinda wanted little guy to improve and prove me foolish for doubting him. However, having to decide between a tropical paradise or the crap hole that is East Orlando isn't that hard.

If this is true I'm really annoyed. Not as much with Mckenzie but more so with Scott Frost and his lack of insight at the QB position and recruiting.

These coaches see the signs and body language with players. The fact that Frost didn't bring in a fifth year transfer or JUCO QB to compete with Mckenzie is poor planning. Anything can happen, QB's get hurt, transfer and they quit. Not sure if they didn't bring in another QB besides a freshman because they wanted to protect Milton's ego and confidence. If so, that was a big mistake.

I hope non of this is true but we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Again, lots of talk and speculation without one single fact or source confirming this except a website that starts out with "Just a bunch of dudes talking about sports."

Also, I've seen some slums in Hawaii and some damn nice neighborhoods in East Orlando. Lake Nona. Avalon Park, etc are In East Orlando. I wouldn't exactly call Lou Holtz' and Graeme McDowell's neighborhood a crap hole. Mine either. Pretty ignorant statement. We don't all live in Pine Hillls or off of Paramore.

Have you ever driven around a few neighborhoods in Honolulu or Hilo?? Not all exactly a tropical paradise.
Where exactly does Milton live?? Across the street from Waikiki Beach??? On a hilltop in Maui along the road to Hana??

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFProf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT