ADVERTISEMENT

Milton

Van Gogh's Starry Knight

Five-Star Recruit
Aug 16, 2001
Not sure if too soon, but does anyone know where we stand with Milton and our new HC? Milton recently mentioned he loved UCF ,but I'm wondering if anyone's heard anything about his intentions.

Go KNIGHTS

Not sure if too soon, but does anyone know where we stand with Milton and our new HC? Milton recently mentioned he loved UCF ,but I'm wondering if anyone's heard anything about his intentions.

Go KNIGHTS
I feel like he went from one coach who was perfect for coaching his style of QB play, directly into another coach who is absolutely perfect for his style. I really dont think he would/should have any reason to transfer other than homesick/only being here for the coach (which it appears he wasnt)

Should be fine and i expect him starting 2018.

Absolutely agree with this. It definitely looks like Danny White did the best job keeping continuity through a coaching change. I'm sure this also helps with us keeping our recruits. They signed up for a particular style of offense that matches their talents. We brought in a coach who believes in that style of offense. But this really seems tailor made for MM because this guy is a former B8 QB who won a national championship and is about the same age as Scott Frost. I bet it was not by accident.

CJH was QB coach for Sam Bradford during his heisman campaign also.
i meant currently. point is MM won't have to deal with a hot shot SEC transfer from Mizzou because he is the best rated recruit CJHs been around from MIssouri to now.

i meant currently. point is MM won't have to deal with a hot shot SEC transfer from Mizzou because he is the best rated recruit CJHs been around from MIssouri to now.
Milton has proved his ability to UCF and the nation. Competition is always good for football. I am more worried about who the backup for MM will be next year. :sunglasses:

It would be pretty weird if he followed Frost. He has a family here now. Would you leave an entire team behind to follow a coach?

Milton has proved his ability to UCF and the nation. Competition is always good for football. I am more worried about who the backup for MM will be next year. :sunglasses:
Mack or Vedral. Both are good. We need another scholarship QB.

On paper, JH is a step up for Milton from Frost. Frost was the option QB for a national champion. Josh was a much more acclaimed quarterback who has worked with Bradford just as Frost worked with Mariota.

On paper, JH is a step up for Milton from Frost. Frost was the option QB for a national champion. Josh was a much more acclaimed quarterback who has worked with Bradford just as Frost worked with Mariota.

But with Milton's size I think Frost's style suited him well. Should be interesting.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
is all the Vedral talk just assumptions? Transferring for players is a much bigger pain in the ass compared to coaches bolting for $5+ Million. He could be content here socially vs transferring to sit out a full year for more uncertainty considering Frost will try to recruit a talented QB. For all we know Noah could be at the Zeta house right now

It's all talk. He'd be might be smart to go though. He's not red shirting here, so when MM is gone, he'll only have 1 year of eligibility. If he goes to NU, he has to redshirt, so he could have 3 years of playing time there unless whoever plays next year hold onto the spot.

It's all talk. He'd be might be smart to go though. He's not red shirting here, so when MM is gone, he'll only have 1 year of eligibility. If he goes to NU, he has to redshirt, so he could have 3 years of playing time there unless whoever plays next year hold onto the spot.
There's no shame in being a #2 QB. I'm not wishing any bad luck on anyone but, he's only one play away from being the starter.

After a transfer, a year later he could be a #3 or #4 guy somewhere else with different competition... who knows. I think his chances are much better here.

I wouldn't care if Vedral left. Coaches like to bring in their own players. I'm pretty sure Heupel has been recruiting QBs. We may get a decent backup or a guy that will be ready to go in 2 years from now.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
He won't go anywhere besides Nebraska. He'd be rolling the dice on Frost not finding his permanent QB next year.

If Frost didn't find Milton upon immediately being hired, we'd still be looking for a QB. Maybe LaDarius Jefferson flips but if Frost doesn't have someone now, it could benefit Vedral to transfer.

If Frost didn't find Milton upon immediately being hired, we'd still be looking for a QB. Maybe LaDarius Jefferson flips but if Frost doesn't have someone now, it could benefit Vedral to transfer.
He found Milton a year before he was hired. But Frost still has this year and next cycle to find a QB. Vedral may go back to Nebraska if offered anyway because he’s the backup no matter what. I’m not sure if Jefferson is good enough anyway.

He’s not going anywhere this is a great place for him. He was also just conference player of the year. I think it’s harder to leave his follow players, friends, and school, for s coach and living in BFE.

I am 100% sure DW talked to Milton to see what he wanted in a coach before he hired. The system he will be in next year is almost identical with more emphasis on going deep.

Think about this...

Missouri had the #1 offense in the SEC and they faced against some of the best defenses in the country obviously way better than most of the AAC teams so I would expect Heupel and his style of offense to really benefit Milton. We could see better numbers from Milton next season so I'd say he's not going anywhere.

He won't go anywhere besides Nebraska. He'd be rolling the dice on Frost not finding his permanent QB next year.

Don't be too sure, I'm pretty confident a lot of P5 teams will reach out to test his loyalty.....I'd feel more confident if he didn't have a redshirt year to use.

And I'll even throw out a name.....Ohio State, senior QB and a system Milton can adapt to.

Vedral didn't do a thing to impress....I doubt Frost wants him.

Teams cannot reach out to recruit current players. It's a major violation. No one is risking that for Milton or Noah Vedral.

LOL.....love you man, but it happens all the time.....going on now with Shea Patterson.

My honest opinion is that we lose up to 4 players who have redshirts to burn.

Reactions: Miltonian
LOL.....love you man, but it happens all the time.....going on now with Shea Patterson.

My honest opinion is that we lose up to 4 players who have redshirts to burn.
Lol, love you man, but contact with Shea is totally legal right now because of what happened at Ole Miss. 100% different than UCF. Give me another example.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Lol, love you man, but contact with Shea is totally legal right now because of what happened at Ole Miss. 100% different than UCF. Give me another example.

Pretty sure there would have been clandestine contact be it became "legal".....OK, how about the classic case of a guy that shouldn't have transferred....urban legend Mitch Mustain?

How about our own affair taking DaMarcus Smith from Loserville, or John O'Korn to Michigan? The point is teams reach out, whether you or I like it or not. I hope we keep him, and the hire gives us a good chance, but stuff happens.

Pretty sure there would have been clandestine contact be it became "legal".....OK, how about the classic case of a guy that shouldn't have transferred....urban legend Mitch Mustain?

How about our own affair taking DaMarcus Smith from Loserville, or John O'Korn to Michigan? The point is teams reach out, whether you or I like it or not. I hope we keep him, and the hire gives us a good chance, but stuff happens.
Smith was a recruit. He signed with us and immediately wanted out of contract. Okorn announced he wanted to transfer and then reached out to schools. Patterson has permission to talk. So does anyone announcing they are transferring. The players sign 1 year contracts every year.

I wouldn't care if Vedral left. Coaches like to bring in their own players. I'm pretty sure Heupel has been recruiting QBs. We may get a decent backup or a guy that will be ready to go in 2 years from now.
Good point but no QB of interest on the Mizzou recruit boards.

How about our own affair taking DaMarcus Smith from Loserville, or John O'Korn to Michigan?
Smith was still in high school and O'Korn was demoted at Houston....both different stories...but none that really affected programs.

I'd be totally shocked if Milton would leave after all the success he has had at UCF. There is a bond that develops between players of good teams. Besides, it wouldn't be a smart move and I think Milton is a smart guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT