ADVERTISEMENT

MM is not the future

I think more people are satisfied than not. I had the expectation of 4-5 wins, and I did not think we would even be competitive in several games that we were. I like the character of the kids this year and if that culture stays in place we should become a lot better next season. Everyone's got to remember, we employed an entirely different offensive scheme and this year is about just getting the basics in place. We don't necessarily even have the right, or enough of the right, players yet. Everyone has been learning but next season we'll be able to focus more on day-to-day details. Instead of kids looking to coaches for answers they'll be able to look towards each other. It should all be way more second nature starting next season.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Instant gratification fans expect a freshman with two months in a program, with no offensive line, to look like Charlie Ward. Frost and freshman Milton took a team from 0-12 to almost bowl eligible seemingly overnight and people complain. Insanity reigns here.

Really strange comparison...especially since Ward didn't become a starting QB till his 4th season:

Freshmen: Starting Punter
Redshirt Freshmen: Redshirted
Redshirt Soph: 2nd and 3rd string QB
Redshirt Jr: Starting QB
Redshirt Sr: Starting QB, Heisman Trophy Winner

Of course Ward couldn't give NFL Teams a decision on whether he would play in the NFL or NBA...and said he could only guarantee to play in the NFL if he was a 1st round draft pick...ended not getting selected at all in the NFL Draft.

NY Knicks selected him #26 in the First Round...and he ended up as a serviceable Pt Guard for almost 12 years...earning approx $25 Million during his NBA career.

Instant gratification fans expect a freshman with two months in a program, with no offensive line, to look like Charlie Ward. Frost and freshman Milton took a team from 0-12 to almost bowl eligible seemingly overnight and people complain. Insanity reigns here.

^^^^^This....a thousand times this^^^^^^

I think more people are satisfied than not. I had the expectation of 4-5 wins, and I did not think we would even be competitive in several games that we were. I like the character of the kids this year and if that culture stays in place we should become a lot better next season. Everyone's got to remember, we employed an entirely different offensive scheme and this year is about just getting the basics in place. We don't necessarily even have the right, or enough of the right, players yet. Everyone has been learning but next season we'll be able to focus more on day-to-day details. Instead of kids looking to coaches for answers they'll be able to look towards each other. It should all be way more second nature starting next season.
I didn't think in my wildest dreams that we might have a chance to be bowl eligible. So we are well beyond my expectations :) Gotta beat Tulane, Cinnci, Tulsa! Wooo hooo!

Reactions: KnightLife1
He is the best we have this year, I agree...but he's not the QB that will take us to great things. Pathetic second half. Pathetic. I never expected to beat Houston, but once you are up by 21 points you see how beatable they are.

That's 3 games now that we have away. Pathetic.
Yes, and once they scored 28 unanswered points, you see how they beat Oklahoma. Lots of talent and depth.

Its because there are so many people on here with knee jerk reactions. We beat ECU on the road and they think were gonna win the conference, we lose to Temple and Houston and everyone posts about Milton not being the future and how the offense needs to be changed and were doomed.

I really thought 4 to 6 wins with 4 or 5 most likely. I am disappointed with the losses, but not frustrated by them. I don't know if I expect much more next year either. It takes a couple of years to get back to full strength, after the schollie losses.

Does beating FCS schools count in the number of wins? It shouldn't IMO.
Some teams play 2 or maybe even 3 of them.
Yeah I think only 1 counts in standings. These days scheduling even 1 may hurt your chances of a better bowl. The new committee is weighing SOS finally.

Reactions: Mikesi
I'm sure glad he's the QB of the present. One game at a time and I'll take watching this freshmen play QB over what we currently have on our staff any game this season.

I'm sure glad he's the QB of the present. One game at a time and I'll take watching this freshmen play QB over what we currently have on our staff any game this season.
yes. I don't think he'll be our best ever, but he's the best this year. Just root for him to bring us to a bowl and get extra practice time after regular season is over.

Reactions: Mikesi
I'm fine with Milton this year. Open competition next year, which he probably will win as the improved and more experienced sophomore. Holman did look good and energetic in garbage time. Was a brief Ireland-like version of Holman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT