ADVERTISEMENT

Most favorable AAC West Opponent?

Which opponent do you prefer for the AAC Championship game?

• Memphis

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Houston

Votes: 47 88.7%

• Total voters

The Knightman Cometh

Bronze Knight
Oct 31, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm not afraid of Houston as I once was but let's be honest, I'd prefer a Memphis win/Houston loss so we can play Memphis in the AAC championship.

Who do you prefer?

And is there a scenario where we would want to challenge ourselves and play Houston? They only reason I'd play them is if they were ranked by the time of the AAC championship game. Other than that, there's no reason to play em if they're outside the top #25.

Last edited:
It will be the winner of Houston-Memphis. I think I would prefer Houston, but I think it will be Memphis.

Reactions: Jtnic101
Memphis is a good team. Memphis is better at home than away. I believe Memphis will win this weekend and they will be coming to Orlando for the CG.

It will be the winner of Houston-Memphis. I think I would prefer Houston, but I think it will be Memphis.

This is all that matters....SMU blew their chance. Memphis is gonna be tough at home for Houston.

Houston, because they are ranked higher in the Colley Matrix and we need to improve our SOS.

Colley Matrix (week12)
UCF #6
Cincy #16
Temple #43
Houston #49
South Florida #64
Memphis #74

houston. memphis 4 times in 2 years and they haven't beaten us since forever. all streaks must come to an end and even though our team is full of ballers who rise to the occasion, i don't believe in tempting fate.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
houston. memphis 4 times in 2 years and they haven't beaten us since forever. all streaks must come to an end and even though our team is full of ballers who rise to the occasion, i don't believe in tempting fate.
I don’t believe in jinxes or due.

Im simply not worried about memphis. They threw everything they could at us...and lost. We also made adjustments on defense and shut them out in 2nd half. Bring it to the bounce house and we will make them the next version of cincy

Henderson is probably the greatest individual threat between the two teams now that King is out for the year. I think we put up tons of points on either defense but maybe Memphis could keep pace in a shootout over Houston with a wet behind the ears freshman QB. They play this Friday for all the West marbles, so this will probably sort itself out and we'll get the tougher test of the two.

Outside perspective: you want Houston. They are much more respected this year.

No King, no problem. With Oliver seemingly done for the year Houston is the easy choice.

Reactions: Mikesi
Would much rather it be Houston. We've already played Memphis 3 time in 2 years, with a 4th time it starts getting too repetitive. Plus, if you give a team too many opportunities, it's just a matter of time before they figure out a way to be competitive against you.

Last edited:
Would must rather it be Houston. We've already played Memphis 3 time in 2 years, with a 4th time it starts getting too repetitive. Plus, if you give a team too many opportunities, it's just a matter of time before they figure out a way to be competitive against you.

Seems like they’ve already figured out the competitive part. Let’s just make sure they don’t take the next step.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT