ADVERTISEMENT

Most favorable AAC West Opponent?

Which opponent do you prefer for the AAC Championship game?

• Memphis

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Houston

Votes: 47 88.7%

• Total voters
Mikesi's got the right of it. But even then I'd rather it be Houston. Something about a fourth time in two years against Memphis spooks me.

I changed my mind from Memphis to Houston. I wasn't too aware of the issues that Houston is having. Plus, their record is better than Memphis so I'll take it + the team might like the change too (probably boring for them to play Memphis for the 4th time in 2 years).

We've had both of their numbers, although Memphis has made their 'losses' far, far more 'unsettling' for us.

Henderson is probably the greatest individual threat between the two teams now that King is out for the year. I think we put up tons of points on either defense but maybe Memphis could keep pace in a shootout over Houston with a wet behind the ears freshman QB. They play this Friday for all the West marbles, so this will probably sort itself out and we'll get the tougher test of the two.

Henderson has been abused the last half of the season and isn't the same guy that torched us.

One thing we've got going for us this season heading into the final stretch as opposed to last year is the entire coaching staff is laser focused on UCF - not looking ahead to which offers to immediately issue for Nebraska. Looking like a more balanced squad and it helps that there's no Quinton Flowers, Riley Ferguson/Anthony Miller, or D'Eriq King suiting up for any of the opposition.

Houston, because they are ranked higher in the Colley Matrix and we need to improve our SOS.

Colley Matrix (week12)
UCF #6
Cincy #16
Temple #43
Houston #49
South Florida #64
Memphis #74

SOS doesn't work by rankings. SOS is just an average of you opponents winning %. Some SOS add your opponents' opponents %

Henderson has been abused the last half of the season and isn't the same guy that torched us.
That’s what happens when you run him too much vs UCF in a half. Perfect example of a team throwing everything at us and even sacrificing their season.

Someone is going to get a big hit sooner or later. He’s probably about 200lbs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT