ADVERTISEMENT

Most Negative 12-0 Season Ever?

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
Coaching rumors started in early October taking the focus away from UCF and to Frost

-Nebraska former players, media, and fans showing up to our games

-Nebraska hires Frost and takes 100% of our staff

I blame Beckton more than Frost. He claims he loves UCF all these years and decided this quickly to bolt? He knows him leaving puts UCF in a really bad position

Reactions: 80'sKnight
I never want Beckton back! It would be completely different if some year he was the only one leaving for a better position etc. but his leaving guts the place he supposedly loves. I guess his love is just like the former donkey HC's. Just a show.

Beckton has been here for 25 years. Questioning his loyalty is just pathetic.

How many of the previous posters here have spent 25 years at thier current company? If not, I guess you can just call yourself a traitor as well.

If I spent 30 years (since 1987) at a company, said I loved it, blah blah blah, I wouldn't be a partner in destroying it by gutting it.

Honestly, I think what hypes people up the most during a great season is the belief that it will last forever.

Yeah it’s a gut check that we have a new staff. We might have to “rebuild”. But we might not. We won’t know until spring practices.

Josh might be a bust or he could be a Joe Pa.

The lesson is, enjoy the moment. Don’t worry about the future until the season is over. UCF has unlimited potential.

We Rose to Prominence. Now we are on our Rise to Dominance

Beckton has been here for 25 years. Questioning his loyalty is just pathetic.

How many of the previous posters here have spent 25 years at thier current company? If not, I guess you can just call yourself a traitor as well.

Well said. Bravo.

Sean is a great guy.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Honestly, I think what hypes people up the most during a great season is the belief that it will last forever.

Yeah it’s a gut check that we have a new staff. We might have to “rebuild”. But we might not. We won’t know until spring practices.

The lesson is, enjoy the moment. Don’t worry about the future until the season is over. UCF has unlimited potential.

Eh in our scenario its going to be Schnellenber to Johnson to Erickson, etc.
Miami Hurricanes won 4 national titles with 3 different coaches in 10 years.
If we visit a New Years 6 bowl at least every two years, it will be difficult to ignore the largest market without an NFL team.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Alright, how do we get 24k back? If Beckton wants to go then fine. He was here for a long time and probably wants a change. Now is a great time to move to beautiful nebraska. The acres of flat nothing will soon be filled eith snow.

This Place has completed his screw over of UCF. He left UCF in the most cold hearted way I could have imagined. He and Nebraska deserve each other.

Reactions: Mikesi
Alright, how do we get 24k back? If Beckton wants to go then fine. He was here for a long time and probably wants a change. Now is a great time to move to beautiful nebraska. The acres of flat nothing will soon be filled eith snow.

This Place has completed his screw over of UCF. He left UCF in the most cold hearted way I could have imagined. He and Nebraska deserve each other.
Can you give Kevin a call and tell him it's time to come Home?

This wasn’t a good ending and it’s about to get worse. He was a one hit wonder and burned bridges. Unfortunate. His legacy will be forever tarnished if he cares. He can’t salvage it with the Bowl game situation and that sh_t show hasn’t even begun

He’s either not coaching it, will lose it, or completely disrespect UCF inadvertently or otherwise

What is Frost? Loyal to the task in front of him

He strikes me as a guy who’s like out of sight and out of mind. Do whatever it takes to accomplish the task at hand and to get ahead. If it’s not in front of you then screw them

I wonder if Beckton expects Frost to try to make his way back to UCF eventually (5-10 yrs). Would be a good way to get a more varied background and, maybe, work to a higher position if Frost’s staff at Nebraska starts to get picked up elsewhere.

Or maybe he would rather enjoy his day to day more at a place that’s okay versus potentially hating it if he doesn’t click with the staff hired by the new guy at the place he has called Home?

Coaching rumors started in early October taking the focus away from UCF and to Frost

-Nebraska former players, media, and fans showing up to our games

-Nebraska hires Frost and takes 100% of our staff

I blame Beckton more than Frost. He claims he loves UCF all these years and decided this quickly to bolt? He knows him leaving puts UCF in a really bad position

I honestly don't understandthe complaining about Frost's staff leaving. Most people would leave or at least consider leaving a job for another that would double their salary. Fans get too focused on loyalty and don't consider what making the right career move can mean for an assistant coach. They don't consider what doubling a salary can do for a family because they're too blinded by sports loyalty. Give me a break - the vast majority of the fans on this board would make the same decision and not think twice.

It's easy to be loyal to a school as a fan when it has no tangible impact on your quality of life. If you're a young-ish coach making $200k at UCF and a more traditionally prestigious football program offers you $400k and a shot at the next big step, you'd be an absolute fool not to take it if you feel good about the chance for success at the next stop.

Reactions: knightraveler
I think these guys want to start playing against the Power 5. Until UCF gets into the Big 12 or another P5 conference, there is going to be a ceiling. Even if they aren't successful at Nebraska, they at least have a chance to compete against the big boys, and have a shot at the playoff. UCF currently doesn't have that, and it would take a few few more undefeated seasons, and scheduling some of the major teams to change that narrative. This process sucks for you guys, there is no doubt.

I think these guys want to start playing against the Power 5. Until UCF gets into the Big 12 or another P5 conference, there is going to be a ceiling. Even if they aren't successful at Nebraska, they at least have a chance to compete against the big boys, and have a shot at the playoff. UCF currently doesn't have that, and it would take a few few more undefeated seasons, and scheduling some of the major teams to change that narrative. This process sucks for you guys, there is no doubt.

Idk we all know the cfl committee has an agenda which includes certain teams in that playoff. It’s only 4 teams so your chance at making it (unless your at bama or osu) is slim. I think we have a better shot at the New Years 6 Bowl playing in the America than a ton of the G5 teams. We been to 2 in 5 years! I think the road to a New Years six bowl is more realistic at UCF than G5 schools. Playoffs is a small percentage.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Good luck to Beckon. After 25 years of loyalty he deserves the right to make the choice the makes him happy. Just sorry it wasn't UCF. Just have confidence that Heupel will make good selection to replace him.

I heard Beckton was heading to NU as an informant for UCF. He be like, ah hell nah, this is my house.

Frost and Company are in for a rude awakening at the P5 level. If they succeed, other schools are going to take his coaches. $$$$ and promotion. If they suck, he's gonna have to fire some. The party will not go on forever.

Frosts loyalty to his staff may be his downfall. He's going to hang on to people too long.

Reactions: Mikesi
Frost and Company are in for a rude awakening at the P5 level. If they succeed, other schools are going to take his coaches. $$$$ and promotion. If they suck, he's gonna have to fire some. The party will not go on forever.

Frosts loyalty to his staff may be his downfall. He's going to hang on to people too long.
I agree. Chinander especially could lead to his downfall.
Frost hasn’t realized yet that he is average at best

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT