ADVERTISEMENT

MUSIC THREAD: What're you listening to?

Gunship is phenomenal. Dark All Day is a legendary album. their cover of BFMV is sick too.

Even as a man of the '80s, I don't like listening to old synth songs from the '80s. They were the '80s, and should stay there.

However, I can utterly enjoy new synth done in the same spirit. Gunship is definitely a great new band in that spirit.

Heck, I don't like a lot of '70s rock, but I can appreciate new '70s rock done in the same spirit. To me, new and fresh is key.

Reactions: _glaciers
Finally got around to watching the cult, $60K budget 2015 Canadian flick Turbo Kid last night. The Toronto Sun (3.5/5) reviewer said it best,

'It may be that, while watching the nine-figure reboot of Mad Max, there was a part of you that yearned for the $1.98 version. If so, Turbo Kid is for you.'

It's streaming free on Crackle right now, although I picked it up on Vudu weeks ago on-sale.

Kill Count: 37 in 3.5 minutes

I had already bought the soundtrack years ago because [Le] Matos is probably my 2nd favorite Synthwave artist after Gunship. It's weird, I don't like listening to old '80s synth or rock-metal, but I do rather enjoy *NEW* bands with *ORIGINAL* tracks of the genre.

So, back to the topic... here's Matos in the studio with 'Playtime Is Over.'

And yes, if that sounds like Jester's voice echoing in the cockpit at the start of the studio video, it's because Michael Ironside is the big boss baddie in the movie.

Also listen to 'Eyes, Throat, Genitals,' another great track from the Soundtrack as well. Even the 1 minute synth intro is just so cheesy '80s post-apocalypse, "This is the future... the year is 1997."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT