ADVERTISEMENT

My ex may be an actual succubus

I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make me feel a little bit vindicated.
I always tell people that 'being sick of her sh--' isn't worth ending your life.

But some women do 'take it to extremes,' the family, the finances -- even physical attacks -- some women just don't quit, and feel empowered by it. I wish society would guilt-shame such women, but they seem to embrace it -- especially physical abuse on men.

I always tell people that 'being sick of her sh--' isn't worth ending your life.

But some women do 'take it to extremes,' the family, the finances -- even physical attacks -- some women just don't quit, and feel empowered by it. I wish society would guilt-shame such women, but they seem to embrace it -- especially physical abuse on men.
Lol. I'll never forget the night that I decided that I had to remove myself from the situation. In the course of maybe 30 minutes she went from sitting on my lap asking to dance to our wedding song (which we did), to snapping and telling me how much she hated me, calling me a failure of a dad, husband, business owner, son, etc.....to which I walked away from because there was no way to de-escalate her when that stuff happened. 5 minutes later she came into the bedroom where I had laid down for the night and told me how much she loved me and how great I am. Within 10 minutes she came back in and just started kicking the shit out of me, holding a can of pepper spray and saying she was going to call the cops. It was a truly bi-polar/manic episode.

... calling me a failure of a dad, husband, business owner, son, etc...
^^^ That's a red flag right there. When women call their lovers failures, it means, literally, "Well why are you even considering staying with me?"

..to which I walked away from because there was no way to de-escalate her when that stuff happened. 5 minutes later she came into the bedroom where I had laid down for the night and told me how much she loved me and how great I am. Within 10 minutes she came back in and just started kicking the shit out of me, holding a can of pepper spray and saying she was going to call the cops. It was a truly bi-polar/manic episode.
^^^ This is way too many women, a minority, but still ... they rely on a society that never holds any of them accountable. We just have to walk away, passively, even beaten.

Lol. I'll never forget the night that I decided that I had to remove myself from the situation. In the course of maybe 30 minutes she went from sitting on my lap asking to dance to our wedding song (which we did), to snapping and telling me how much she hated me, calling me a failure of a dad, husband, business owner, son, etc.....to which I walked away from because there was no way to de-escalate her when that stuff happened. 5 minutes later she came into the bedroom where I had laid down for the night and told me how much she loved me and how great I am. Within 10 minutes she came back in and just started kicking the shit out of me, holding a can of pepper spray and saying she was going to call the cops. It was a truly bi-polar/manic episode.
I've learned alot of times how people are in the first few weeks you get to know them is how they will always be. And the first impressions you get of people is usually correct. Is that true for her?

I've found people don't change alot actually.

I've learned alot of times how people are in the first few weeks you get to know them is how they will always be. And the first impressions you get of people is usually correct. Is that true for her?

No. I've had quite a little bit of experience in the field of psychology (relatively speaking), so I would have picked up on it. There was nothing overt by any means, it was manipulation over the course of years, veiled in being the hot fun chick Since then I've spoken to a couple of her prior boyfriends that reached out to me and now I can see that she actually is a sociopath. My replacement killing himself just solidified that IMO.

Not over 2-5 years. But definitely over 10-15.

I've been with my wife nearly 28 years now, nearly 25 married. She has changed drastically 3 times. I have changed drastically 3 times. Our changes just have been mostly compatible.

It's almost at the point that if we ever change to the point we become less compatible, we'll probably just stay together because it's too much of a pain to separate. We'll just accept the fact that we cannot be compatible on some items.

We also have the reality that I traveled age 30-45 almost 100%, and now she's the one (since her PhD) that works remote during the week. So we're kinda 'hardened' against all aspects so we can maintain our marriage through just about everything.

I've also got to the point where we don't give a flying f' about what anyone says about us or our marriage. The only time I care is when people start making statements that could legally be an issue or otherwise a threat.

People can be cruel, that is an universal reality. It's the one thing in our marriage that we agreed, especially early on, that we will never be cruel to one another, and not others either. The more cruel people are, the more we shower them with smiles and considerations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT