ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi's comment on Heupel and QBs

CapHillKnight

Two-Star Recruit
Nov 9, 2009
Did anyone see Narduzzi's comments on KZ's injury and Heupel being smarter about not endangering his QB? I think I remember last year a Pitt player twisting KZ's leg. Was Narduzzi warning our QBs not to run?

I saw it. He wasn't trying to be a douchebag. He was simply pointing out that running a smaller QB is risky. He just didn't spit out his response in the best manner. What a weird question to ask your head coach, anyways. I wouldn't make anything of it.
Yeah, I didn't see the problem either. The guy is far from eloquent, but he was just being honest. I don't think he meant to phrase it in a way that sort of blames Heup, I just think he Narduzzles too often. Needs to know when to STFU.

Glad to hear that you all didn't take it as a shot to Heupel or a warning to our QBs. I wanted to take it that way too, but his comment about Wimbush, who I don't see as a small QB, being banged up and Heup getting smarter with DG was awkward to say the least.

The play that KZ ran was not something you would want to call very often for your QB which looked more like a planned sweep running play. The RPO option where the QB actually runs should be to an open spot preferably off tackle and the QB goes down if they see tacklers coming.

I halfway agree with him. It always scared me when Milton scrambled. Not the biggest guy...

The play that KZ ran was not something you would want to call very often for your QB which looked more like a planned sweep running play. The RPO option where the QB actually runs should be to an open spot preferably off tackle and the QB goes down if they see tacklers coming.
KZ being a high level competitor was going all out for the first down. In the grand scheme most QB are not built to run the football. The ability to scramble and make plays KZ was a natural at making things happen when the pocket broke down. :sunglasses:

Gabriel did a good job sliding during his first few runs but there was one running attempt where he went to the right side when we were up 21 I think and didn't slide where I kind of gulped. That Milton injury has made me view those plays way differently than before

Gabriel did a good job sliding during his first few runs but there was one running attempt where he went to the right side when we were up 21 I think and didn't slide where I kind of gulped. That Milton injury has made me view those plays way differently than before
Yep. Thankfully he popped right up

My main point was to defend the statement of the Pitt Coach. KZ played RB a lot and brought this to the position. The next version of KZ wont be doing this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT