ADVERTISEMENT

New Coaching options?

L
I think the up and comer is not good long term for us if nobody stays more than 2-3 years. We shouldn’t be treated as a doormat and winning here should not be difficult. If we hire an up and comer the buyout for leaving another team should be huge if they leave and normal if we fire them for performance. If they don’t like it they can try and make the P-5 coaching at podunk U
Being a doormat has been decently successful the past 5 years. Sometimes you have to accept your role

Graham Harrell or Lebby would be great hires IMHO that would continue our offensive dominance. Liepold from Buffalo could be good as well, he had one of/if not the most productive running back in the country last year and has always been successful.

I don't think I'd hate the idea of Randy sticking around for one year to right the ship and keep recruiting going. He'd need to bring in one-year OC to try to keep the offense moving, but it would allow for some continuity. It's going to be hard to get a "great" hire this late in the cycle.

Reactions: Knightro20
Jamey Chadwell, a two-time FCS National Coach of the Year finalist and three-time Big South Coach of the Year, became the third head coach in Coastal Carolina football history on January 18, 2019.

Lance Leipold, Buffalo

Thoughts?

Well I been swept up in the news in Knoxville they held a press conference at 12:45 overall the VOLS fans seem happy considering the up coming sanctions and the poor offensive performance over the last 3 years. I believe Heupel is going to find the same challenges Frost encountered.
Now on to the important stuff. I believe giving Lebby a shot at coaching would be the least impact on the current momentum UCF building a top offensive power. Just look what he achieved at Ole Miss this year and the points they put up on Alabama. Now just get it done before signing day.😎

Last edited:
Well I been swept up in the news in Knoxville they held a press conference at 12:45 overall the VOLS fans seem happy considering the up coming sanctions and the poor offensive performance over the last 3 years. I believe Heupel is going to find the same challenges Frost encountered.
Now on to the important stuff. I believe giving Lebby a shot at coaching would be the least impact on the current momentum UCF has building a top offensive power. Just look what he achieved at Ole Miss this year and the points they put up on Alabama. Now just get it done before signing day.😎

Again for those of you sitting at the back - we need to hire an AD FIRST before the HC is hired.

Again, we dont know yet how many assistants Heupel will poach. Kodi Burns and Elarbee are expected to follow him to UT. Probably others as well.

As others have suggested, I also think Brian Johnson, OC, Gators, would be a good target.
If he can pull some of those Florida recruits, I'm all for him. I never understood why Heupel always recruited outside of Florida so much.

I hope they don't break up the staff too much for the sake of the players. I don't know if we could hire within for one year and then pick up a new coach at end of year after long search. Unless the internal hire turns out to be excellent. Will next bulletins be the exodus of coaches to Tennessee?

Of the ten coaches listed in the Orlando Sentinel, who do you think would be the best fit at UCF?

Of the ten coaches listed in the Orlando Sentinel, who do you think would be the best fit at UCF?
Of course Lebby, given his offense’s success this season in the SEC and the players’ favorability towards him. But the question remains, does he have the skill set to be a head coach? Does he have the ability to run a program effectively? That takes a much different skill set than being a position coach or coordinator

It already has gone away. Coach O swept it under rug at LSU and no one is saying anything.
that is LSU. UCF has a more diverse student body and if something worse gets uncovered then you have demands for his firing and then UCF is F’d

I know players love him but the University President has to gauge risk when doing background checks

Reactions: Yaes
Have to hire an AD first. And because of baggage and short time as an OC, I don't see a new AD hiring Lebby as a HC.

If Lebby gets hired, I expect Shannon to gets his contract renewed. It will probably be another 1A, 1B situation.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Lebby would not be my number one choice. Nothing against the guy, I know the players like him, but I hate the Baylor air raid style of offense and that’s what he would bring.

Much more of a fan of a traditional spread that focuses on getting the ball to guys in space than them winning one on one battles streaking down the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT