ADVERTISEMENT

New Coaching options?

What do you think about bringing in Lebby as HC? Who are some good targets for new HC?
Wow I came in here to propose just that. I think he would be a good hire to continue the development of DG. But as well all know, a good coordinator or position coach doesn’t necessarily make a good HC. Does he have the leadership and recruiting skills?

Reactions: PhDee
If we pull Graham Neff from Clemson to be our AD, Tony Elliott following becomes more plausible. (I have no idea where our AD search is now, but media pundits listed Neff as a good prospect for UCF AD.)

No sense in throwing names out. Search committee or new AD have their own ideas and friends.

He turned down the Tennessee job
Tennessee is toxic right now with sanctions coming. Heupel can go there and expect to win 6 games a year beating up on bad teams and he can survive a few years and make bank. There is no realistic scenario where they are good short term. If Elliot wants a truly elite job he’s not going to get it by middling at Tennessee for a few years and no longer being the hot commodity. Cut your teeth at an AAC school and you could be at a blue blood in a few years like Frost or Herman or even NFL like Rhule.

Reactions: clmssun
Gus Malzahn would be a good hire. Let's get it done. He's a little older, so maybe he would just stay put here.

Also, Tom Herman. I think he was better at firing up the underdog recruits he had at Houston, than the 4 and 5-star guys at Texas.

Reactions: Lurky
Gus Malzahn would be a good hire. Let's get it done. He's a little older, so maybe he would just stay put here.

Also, Tom Herman. I think he was better at firing up the underdog recruits he had at Houston, than the 4 and 5-star guys at Texas.
So you are looking for big name P5 retread over an up and coming coordinator?

Reactions: JAFFX2
Dan Quinn. Super likable guy, bad NFL coach, but probably an amazing recruiter and players coach.

Also, wouldn’t ICF be step up from Tulsa? Get that dude.

It's a job in the 2nd tier of ALL coaching jobs, imo. Just outside the top 20-25 jobs. It will pay well, fertile recruiting grounds, good facilities, hungry fanbase, supportive community.
and the wife gets to live in Winter Park. As far as the southeast goes and where most college programs are located it is one of the top places to live as a college football coach

Reactions: Fabius
and the wife gets to live in Winter Park. As far as the southeast goes and where most college programs are located it is one of the top places to live as a college football coach

And the kids get to go to Disney whenever they want with the team on recruiting trips to Epcot for fancy dinners

So you are looking for big name P5 retread over an up and coming coordinator?
I think the up and comer is not good long term for us if nobody stays more than 2-3 years. We shouldn’t be treated as a doormat and winning here should not be difficult. If we hire an up and comer the buyout for leaving another team should be huge if they leave and normal if we fire them for performance. If they don’t like it they can try and make the P-5 coaching at podunk U

Reactions: mattropolis
Continue play on words trend for coaching search/qualifications

Tony "UCF-ELITE" Elliot
2021 will be LIT with Elliot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT