ADVERTISEMENT

New Metallica

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
3 for 3 imo. Looking forward to hearing the entire thing.

Between this as well as the new Testament and Overkill coming out, it's going to be a nice 2016. Old guys rule.

Reactions: JohnnyUCF03
The new stuff is awesome and solid but there will still be douches like chemmie whining about how they don't sound like they did in 1988.

I was waiting for this thread. When I heard hardwired to suck or whatever I thought it was Metallica doing a nice job trolling. Shit lyrics by Metallica standards but god for mere mortals. The moth in to flame is great though.

I probably watched/listened to at work the Night Before concert like a dozen times. So good.

Update: Listened to Atla, Rise; Good shit.

Last edited:
I've hated Metallica for years. Humans that exist with no sense of irony confound me. When those people start a Motorhead cover band and then take themselves way to seriously....

Reactions: MACHater02
I was waiting for this thread. When I heard hardwired to suck or whatever I thought it was Metallica doing a nice job trolling. Shit lyrics by Metallica standards but god for mere mortals. The moth in to flame is great though.

I probably watched/listened to at work the Night Before concert like a dozen times. So good.

Update: Listened to Atla, Rise; Good shit.

Hardwired is still a great song compared to stuff on Death Magnetic, which I still enjoyed as an album. I'll say this- the new Metallica stuff, so far, is way better than the new Slayer album. The Slayer boys completely mailed that one in.

Exit question: how badly does Jason Newstead want back in now?

I'm more than OK w Death Magnetic now. Wasn't ready for it when it was new, but revisited years ago & approved.

The new stuff is awesome and solid but there will still be douches like chemmie whining about how they don't sound like they did in 1988.
The problem is they are trying WAY too hard to sound like they used to. They keep trying to recreate master of puppets and its never going to happen. The song they play on Sirius (hardwired) sucks...seriously, its like a 4 year old wrote the lyrics...

Saint anger sucked (sounded like it was recorded in a garage) but at least lyrically it wasnt bad...Death magnetic was better than saint anger but it was trying to hard to sound JUST LIKE Master of puppets, and from what I heard the sound man that mastered the album wanted his name off of it because they just wanted all of the channels pushed up all the way...

Personally the last really good song they wrote was I disappear. At least with that single, and with load and reload they were evolving...Hope Im wrong but hardwired's 1st single sucks

The problem is they are trying WAY too hard to sound like they used to. They keep trying to recreate master of puppets and its never going to happen. The song they play on Sirius (hardwired) sucks...seriously, its like a 4 year old wrote the lyrics...

Saint anger sucked (sounded like it was recorded in a garage) but at least lyrically it wasnt bad...Death magnetic was better than saint anger but it was trying to hard to sound JUST LIKE Master of puppets, and from what I heard the sound man that mastered the album wanted his name off of it because they just wanted all of the channels pushed up all the way...

Personally the last really good song they wrote was I disappear. At least with that single, and with load and reload they were evolving...Hope Im wrong but hardwired's 1st single sucks

So you shit on DM and Hardwired yet declare I Dissapear as "their last good song"?

LMAO

You are again disqualified from discussing anything but ska music.

Firstly, if you listen to Metallica for lyrical inspiration you should probably look elsewhere. Granted the Hardwired chorus is pretty lame but who cares?

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with a band trying to incorporate their old sound with their new sound. As long as a band is moving forward and not standing still (Slayer) I'm ok with it.

PEople: Metallica sucks, they don't sound anything like Master of Puppets!

People: Metallica sucks, they're just trying to sound like Master of Puppets now!

And don't even get me started on their faux intensity. can you imagine Hetfield ordering at Mcdonalds?
H: [speaking like he is a constipated Satan in a high school play] I'll have a ten piece chicken nugget.
Cashier: What kind of sauce?
[Hetfield stares directly into the cashiers eyes during a mediocre two minute guitar intro]
H: Do you still have spicy mustard?

And don't even get me started on their faux intensity. can you imagine Hetfield ordering at Mcdonalds?
H: [speaking like he is a constipated Satan in a high school play] I'll have a ten piece chicken nugget.
Cashier: What kind of sauce?
[Hetfield stares directly into the cashiers eyes during a mediocre two minute guitar intro]
H: Do you still have spicy mustard?

Can't tell if you're trolling or just a real Metallica hater.

The kings of Bro-Metal are back!!!! YEAAAAA-HEAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Metallica is so shitty now, they actually managed to taint their back catalog. I can't listen to any Metallica without hearing James throw in a few extra YEA-YEAAAAHHHs and ruin the song.

PEople: Metallica sucks, they don't sound anything like Master of Puppets!

People: Metallica sucks, they're just trying to sound like Master of Puppets now!
I like and still listen to load and reload...they were evolving, now they are trying to recreate something they havent had in a long long time...i dont know what happened with saint anger, they dont either, but make music and play what you like, not what you think we want to hear...

The kings of Bro-Metal are back!!!! YEAAAAA-HEAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Metallica is so shitty now, they actually managed to taint their back catalog. I can't listen to any Metallica without hearing James throw in a few extra YEA-YEAAAAHHHs and ruin the song.

You listen to ICP and think morons in costumes who rip off Blue Oyster Cult are totally awesome. Your opinion on music is literally worthless.

Reactions: anon_x731qvsnsyb8i
I love Metallica, but the "yea" commentary & "bro-metal" is pretty fûckin funny.

Also hilarious Sir Sangria is a big fan of "I Disappear" - real lowlight of theirs for me dawg.

You listen to ICP and think morons in costumes who rip off Blue Oyster Cult are totally awesome. Your opinion on music is literally worthless.

Metallica? Check.
Frat Boys? Check.
Slipknot? Check.
Hair Gel? Check.

Add in some ruffies "for the chicks, bro" and you've got a plan for 85's Weekend Bro-Down!

Metallica? Check.
Frat Boys? Check.
Slipknot? Check.
Hair Gel? Check.

Add in some ruffies "for the chicks, bro" and you've got a plan for 85's Weekend Bro-Down!

If only I could be like you and find awesome joints to slam down meals that contain 5,000 mg of sodium and drink $12 beers! Especially when surrounded by disheveled leftist hipsters who think it's cool to look like shit.

Metallica? Check.
Frat Boys? Check.
Slipknot? Check.
Hair Gel? Check.

You are just as prejudiced as the people you rage about. What do you know about having "bros" anyway? People are of no value to you. Don't make me post a photo of you at a Limp Bizkit show...

You like Clutch...

Last edited:
If only I could be like you and find awesome joints to slam down meals that contain 5,000 mg of sodium and drink $12 beers! Especially when surrounded by disheveled leftist hipsters who think it's cool to look like shit.

I better not make any comments about Godsmack or Disturbed, I might really upset our local Bro-Rock connoisseur.

You are just as prejudiced as the people you rage about. What do you know about having "bros" anyway? People are of no value to you. Don't make me post a photo of you at a Limp Bizkit show...

You like Clutch...

Clutch has a 25+ year career of making badass rock music with the same 4 members, and are arguably better now than they ever have been.

On the other hand, you think everyone cares that you made an album with a guy who once co-produced a Flotsam and Jetsam EP.

Chemmie has no appreciation for Metallica and what they did to music. Love them or hate them, they deserve respect. Since you were probably teet nibbling when KTA, RTL or MOP came out you have no idea how big those albums were to the music scene. I'll give you an analogy for you: They were as big to music as ICP was to white trash, meth influenced festivals.

That's what happens when your a hipster millennial.

Btw, I saw Flotsam & Jetsam at whatever bar was there before Redlight existed and took over.

Chemmie has no appreciation for Metallica and what they did to music. Love them or hate them, they deserve respect. Since you were probably teet nibbling when KTA, RTL or MOP came out you have no idea how big those albums were to the music scene. I'll give you an analogy for you: They were as big to music as ICP was to white trash, meth influenced festivals.

That's what happens when your a hipster millennial.

Btw, I saw Flotsam & Jetsam at whatever bar was there before Redlight existed and took over.

Uhhhhhh...
Metallica was the biggest and best for a long while, even while Megadeth wrote better songs, Slayer was faster, and Anthrax was more fun. Then Metallica decided to bro-down and suck that huge teet that you mentioned. They sucked it so hard, they tainted their own legacy. YEAAAAHHH YEAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

See another reason. Metallica just tears people apart. Running around dubbing folks unforgiven is no way to live. You guys need to hug it out.

Metallica is no band to argue over. Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, The Misfits, even U2; those are bands you argue over. Not bands high school dropouts break beer bottles to in trailer parks.

On the other hand, you think everyone cares that you made an album with a guy who once co-produced a Flotsam and Jetsam EP.

...and Katy Perry, and Korn, and Depeche Mode, and Blondie, and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Ministry, and 36mafia, and DMX, and xzibit...a GOOD producer does not pigeonhole himself to one genre.

You know absolutely diddly-piss about what we are doing or what you are talking about. You don't know a god damned thing and assume everything. Yet, you speak for no one.

At least I'm doing something creatively, will have an actual ISRC-labeled album on multiple online merchants internationally... and not pointing out other people's flaws without accepting my own hypocrisy, so go flip someone's meat.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Hardwired is still a great song compared to stuff on Death Magnetic, which I still enjoyed as an album. I'll say this- the new Metallica stuff, so far, is way better than the new Slayer album. The Slayer boys completely mailed that one in.

Exit question: how badly does Jason Newstead want back in now?

Repentless is alright. Couple of descent tracks like Piano Wire and You against You. That lead solo in the beginning of You against You by Gary Holt......F'n A.

The new Anthrax kicks ass. Saw those dudes twice last month. Belladonna still has the pipes. Great show.

I've been listening to the new Testament. Not as good as Dark Roots of Earth IMO.

Jason would probably give his left nut to rejoin Metallica.

Chemmie likes Megadeth despite Dave Mustaine sounding like he constantly must take a massive shit. They are AWFUL.

Reactions: Dmarino110
I better not make any comments about Godsmack or Disturbed, I might really upset our local Bro-Rock connoisseur.
Hey!!! disturbed was good 16 years ago...before David became pompous as $#1t and talked about disturbed coming back during a device show...

my god they suck now, and the people that like sound of silence...Bobaflex says Eff you :p

Chemmie likes Megadeth despite Dave Mustaine sounding like he constantly must take a massive shit. They are AWFUL.

I never got into them for that reason. Music isn't bad but the singing is horrible.

...and Katy Perry, and Korn, and Depeche Mode, and Blondie, and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Ministry, and 36mafia, and DMX, and xzibit...a GOOD producer does not pigeonhole himself to one genre.

You know absolutely diddly-piss about what we are doing or what you are talking about. You don't know a god damned thing and assume everything. Yet, you speak for no one.

At least I'm doing something creatively, will have an actual ISRC-labeled album on multiple online merchants internationally... and not pointing out other people's flaws without accepting my own hypocrisy, so go flip someone's meat.

Nobody cares.

Nobody cares.

You keep coming back for more eh?

This is a ****ing sports forum...this is not a "first choice" locale for marketing a heavy metal band. That said:

Reverbnation stats.
Chart Position
    Local
    Regional
    National
    Global
See that? Number 46 overall globally out of over 46,000 registered bands. Don't take my word for it, go look for yourself. Sometimes having a high-profile producer can do that for an virtual "unknown".

Those results from just 2 song sample released from beginning of the month, over 1,000 visits this week alone with a marketing focus on Europe, South America and North America.

nobody cares*

You really are a know-it-all idiot. I don't like calling people names either.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
You keep coming back for more eh?

This is a ****ing sports forum...this is not a "first choice" locale for marketing a heavy metal band. That said:

Reverbnation stats.
Chart Position
    Local
    Regional
    National
    Global
See that? Number 46 overall globally out of over 46,000 registered bands. Don't take my word for it, go look for yourself. Sometimes having a high-profile producer can do that for an virtual "unknown".

Those results from just 2 song sample released from beginning of the month, over 1,000 visits this week alone with a marketing focus on Europe, South America and North America.

nobody cares*

You really are a know-it-all idiot. I don't like calling people names either.

You better be careful, these guys are coming up right behind you and once 85 gets a load of them he's going to listen to them 10 more times and they'll pass you on the illustrious ReverbNation Metal Charts.
https://www.reverbnation.com/amerakinoverdose

Last edited:
You better be careful, these guys are coming up right behind you and once 85 gets a load of them he's going to listen to them 10 more times and they'll pass you on the illustrious ReverbNation Metal Charts.
https://www.reverbnation.com/amerakinoverdose

I repeat, you are an idiot. Like..dumb. Ignid. Unknowing...when it comes to music.

I have to share this post...

ReverbNation, Soundcloud and Bandcamp are commonplaces for bands to start, but they RARELY place any funding in marketing. When they DO, and they select targets, they can get increases in their charts. Less than 5% actually pay for marketing.

Last edited:
I repeat, you are an idiot. Like..dumb. Ignid. Unknowing...when it comes to music.

I have to share this post...

You have to share this post? With who? Your army of ReverbNation listeners or Frat boys that still rock out to Metallica and Slipknot and wear too much hair gel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT