ADVERTISEMENT

New OC

youve-gota-purdy-mouth-boy-memes-com-15206590.png

Reactions: Happy Hands
Could be looked at a few different ways. A good leader will hire people who help their weaknesses, we don’t utilize TE maybe cause huep doesn’t propel my know how to use them well.
I hope this does not slow down our offense into a more traditional pro style play. Not sure how they ran the offense in Iowa state

Could be looked at a few different ways. A good leader will hire people who help their weaknesses, we don’t utilize TE maybe cause huep doesn’t propel my know how to use them well.
I hope this does not slow down our offense into a more traditional pro style play. Not sure how they ran the offense in Iowa state

Similar offensive philosophies based on Air Raid scheme but regardless CJH is not giving up play calling and there is not a snowballs chance in hell he abandons his scheme. If anything he moved towards more RPO as DG matured during the course of the year......With better TE development under this new coach we will hopefully see more of CJH's 2018 TE utilization......

Reactions: Knight Strength
Similar offensive philosophies based on Air Raid scheme but regardless CJH is not giving up play calling and there is not a snowballs chance in hell he abandons his scheme. If anything he moved towards more RPO as DG matured during the course of the year......With better TE development under this new coach we will hopefully see more of CJH's 2018 TE utilization......
It could just be that none of the TE this year could catch like Colubiale so JH abandoned those plays and used Marlon and Harris more

I believe Heup chose someone who would grow into the role. Someone who will stay at UCF long term. Dude was at Iowa St. for 4 years, that’s a rarity in college football. Hopefully, he becomes a goody and can recruit. I believe the lifestyle in sunny Florida is pretty attractive and an incentive to stay long term.

I believe Heup chose someone who would grow into the role. Someone who will stay at UCF long term. Dude was at Iowa St. for 4 years, that’s a rarity in college football. Hopefully, he becomes a goody and can recruit. I believe the lifestyle in sunny Florida is pretty attractive and an incentive to stay long term.

You can argue whether you can keep a Head Coach, though I don't see Heupel staying if he got offers from major programs. However, coordinators are going to come and go if they are successful, especially at the G5 level unless there is some successor plan.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Campbell brought him from Toledo to Iowa State so he obviously thinks high of him

maybe Lockette for the last opening ?

Possibles Pros:
Heup brought in new OC/TE coach for Gabe Davis' little brother :) hopefully to call his number more.
Heup brought in new OC to help in recruiting (more RBs with size?)
Heup brought in new OC who will NOT be mad if he doesn't call the plays.

Possible Cons:
No QB coach but this season a lefty HC is coaching a lefty starter and having
KZ is like having a QB coach around.

As a long time fan its nice to see players transfer here from P5 teams to UCF and coaches coming here from P5 teams although there's the risk that their success leads to a quick return to P5.

Possibles Pros:
Heup brought in new OC/TE coach for Gabe Davis' little brother :) hopefully to call his number more.
Heup brought in new OC to help in recruiting (more RBs with size?)
Heup brought in new OC who will NOT be mad if he doesn't call the plays.

Possible Cons:
No QB coach but this season a lefty HC is coaching a lefty starter and having
KZ is like having a QB coach around.

As a long time fan its nice to see players transfer here from P5 teams to UCF and coaches coming here from P5 teams although there's the risk that their success leads to a quick return to P5.

It may be a leap to think that CJH will not bring in a QB coach also........That said he indicated he has been hands on and is in the QB room everyday

It may be a leap to think that CJH will not bring in a QB coach also........That said he indicated he has been hands on and is in the QB room everyday
It definitely wont be long term and may be very short term if there's nobody to man the film room with the QBs.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Campbell brought him from Toledo to Iowa State so he obviously thinks high of him

maybe Lockette for the last opening ?

Incorrect.

Golesh was at Illinois when Campbell brought him to Iowa State. He was at Toledo prior to his 4 years at Illinois. (That's when he was named Top 10 recruiter).

Reactions: Poolside Knight
he wont be calling plays here so what will be his role as OC for us besides recruiting.

Miami hires SMU's OC

Good move by the hurricanes. if you watched the SMU Memphis game, the ponies drew up some VERY interesting play calls late in the game to give themselves a chance.

He is a coach from the Midwest without Florida ties. My understanding is that he has not been an Offensive Coordinator before. I am fine with him being hired as a TE coach but appears to be a down-grade from Coach L.
You don’t have much understanding unfortunately. Lebby was OC in title only and was coaching at DII prior to coming to UCF. Golesh was part of the most successful run in Iowa State history and recruiting coordinator for their best recruiting class in history last year. He turned their TE passing game from 7 completions combined on a season to 7 touchdowns on 50+ catches and 700+ yards.

it’s hilarious that you are back actually posting in this thread. Go back to cow board and salivate over your FAU coaches now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT