ADVERTISEMENT

New P6 Opponent to be Announced...

So if a cornhole post, but we all put them on ignore and nobody saw it, did the trolling really happen?

unfortunately you see a link that says "Show Ignored Content". I don't click on it, but it's presence indicates the presence of Cornholes.

Reactions: Mikesi
Playing UNC four times is alright. I wish we can schedule another 4 with the Gamecocks and another 4 with Georgia Tech. Its not Florida, Georgia, Miami or FSU but it makes for a good regional game to parallel them.

hisherhole-cornhole-game-01.jpg

The funny thing is the place I worked previously actually had cornhole in the rec room. I didn't realize that's what it was until today.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Maybe NC wants to increase their Florida recruiting visibility which already netted them some very good recruits for 2018

No I think people wanted a new opponent. Or not give a buildup. Should have just announced we extended the series from get go.

Exactly, buildup for a repeat opponent is not that compelling. There would have been a more positive response if it was Duke, since at least it would be a new opponent.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Exactly, buildup for a repeat opponent is not that compelling. There would have been a more positive response if it was Duke, since at least it would be a new opponent.
I disagree. I like playing the same opponent a few times. It creates interest between the programs and gives a baseline as to where the two programs are going. We played so many one off games through the years, and while it was fun to travel to those places it never meant much to the other team. When you face a team 4 times and beat them a few times they start to take you seriously... at least I hope so. That has not happened for UCF just yet...

I disagree. I like playing the same opponent a few times. It creates interest between the programs and gives a baseline as to where the two programs are going. We played so many one off games through the years, and while it was fun to travel to those places it never meant much to the other team. When you face a team 4 times and beat them a few times they start to take you seriously... at least I hope so. That has not happened for UCF just yet...
We have been beat by FIU twice. It doesn't mean they should be taken real serious. Says more that the teams we had that year weren't good.

We have been beat by FIU twice. It doesn't mean they should be taken real serious. Says more that the teams we had that year weren't good.
I think we take FIU more serious because they have beat us twice. imagine if they had beat us last year. At the beginning of last year I don't think anyone was thinking we would destroy them. We had come off a 6-7 year with real questions at QB. You make my point exactly. You can gauge where our program is headed based upon these type games

Like ConFLiCT? The only team I could see that really working with that is not in FL was Georgia Tech, because of the proximity. Creating a rivalry is great, but a UNC-UCF rivalry sounds far-fetch and I doubt compelling to either side.

I think we take FIU more serious because they have beat us twice. imagine if they had beat us last year. At the beginning of last year I don't think anyone was thinking we would destroy them. We had come off a 6-7 year with real questions at QB. You make my point exactly. You can gauge where our program is headed based upon these type games
Most people thought we were going to destroy FIU again. We did it the year before when Milton wasn't as good as he turned out to be.

Like ConFLiCT? The only team I could see that really working with that is not in FL was Georgia Tech, because of the proximity. Creating a rivalry is great, but a UNC-UCF rivalry sounds far-fetch and I doubt compelling to either side.
He said creates interest, not a rivalry.

He said creates interest, not a rivalry.

Even so, I don't think anyone follows UNC football closely. I also doubt UNC fans really follow other football programs closely being an obvious basketball school. Is it bad to play them no, is it going to sell out the stadium, no.

Even so, I don't think anyone follows UNC football closely. I also doubt UNC fans really follow other football programs closely being an obvious basketball school. Is it bad to play them no, is it going to sell out the stadium, no.
I believe it will. BC was sold out and I wouldn't classify them as a big time program.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
I'm not arrogant enough and have been a UCF fan through very bad times to never be cocky about anything, we may lose to UNC this year. I was just expecting a new opponent and UNC is a Basketball school so the atmosphere for Football is very indifferent. I selfishly look into what makes it a good road trip.

I know Danny White disagrees but I don't think 1 and done Away games(with the biggest brands in CFB) & going to 6 Home Games occasionally is not the worst thing while in the G5.

Not a rivalry, but at least some history and interest. If you play Michigan once every 10-15 years it does not spark much in the way of interest. Play them 4 times in 7 years there is more interest and history in which to connect with that program. I think playing UNC 4 times is better than playing 4 random P6 programs in the same time period, unless those programs are the true blue bloods who we know are not going to give us home and away games.

I'm not arrogant enough and have been a UCF fan through very bad times to never be cocky about anything, we may lose to UNC this year. I was just expecting a new opponent and UNC is a Basketball school so the atmosphere for Football is very indifferent. I selfishly look into what makes it a good road trip.

I know Danny White disagrees but I don't think 1 and done Away games(with the biggest brands in CFB) & going to 6 Home Games occasionally is not the worst thing while in the G5.
I agree. One game a year in this category would be fine with me provided at least one other is a home and away.

It's like UNC is the only one picking up the phone.
One of the few teams in the ACC picking up the phone.

Basically UCF's options for 1:1 scheduling are as follows ...

- ACC: Only a few teams [1] pick of the phone, others will only schedule away-only fill-in [2]
- Big 10: Away-only fill-in [1] [2] (Nebraska hopeful?)
- Big XII: Essentially Blacklisted (have 1 away game left in 2-for-1 w/Texas, first in 2007) [3]
- SEC: Long Blacklisted (final 2-for-1 w/South Carolina end in 2015, first in 2005)
- PAC-12: Stanford-only (Academics-related), possibly away-only fill-in [2] (UCLA Hopeful?)

[1] Georgia Tech, Maryland and Penn State were c/o largely GOL, Stansbury and other ties.

[2] ACC (Clemson, FSU, select others), Big 10 (Michigan, Ohio State, select others), PAC-12 (ASU, UCLA, select others)

[3] Missouri scheduled an 1-for-1 when they were Big XII, K-State bought out their return (no UCF home game)

We should never go the route of USF and those 2-for-1s. They will have teams pull out of their home games, especially if the home game is 3rd or even 2nd. We should know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT