ADVERTISEMENT

New Transfer Portal thread

Worlds largest game of musical chairs. I suppose the music only "stops" in January and August based on Semester enrollment. Next semester your roster can turn over again?

Wasn’t there like 3,000 kids in the portal a few weeks ago? If I’m a kid on a roster and not an upper tier athlete, I’m thinking this may not be the year to hit the portal. Would love to know how many total schollies are available vs the kids in the portal vs the normal HS recruit. I’d have to bet a ton of these kids football careers are over, and a lot of HS kids that would get a spot for depth usually are screwed.

Wasn’t there like 3,000 kids in the portal a few weeks ago? If I’m a kid on a roster and not an upper tier athlete, I’m thinking this may not be the year to hit the portal. Would love to know how many total schollies are available vs the kids in the portal vs the normal HS recruit. I’d have to bet a ton of these kids football careers are over, and a lot of HS kids that would get a spot for depth usually are screwed.
It’s not because of the portal. It’s because of the Covid years. Guys that should be gone are still in school. Reducing rosters back to 85 is causing kids to drop to FCS or quit.

It’s not because of the portal. It’s because of the Covid years. Guys that should be gone are still in school. Reducing rosters back to 85 is causing kids to drop to FCS or quit.
I feel like there has to be a little bit of a cascading effect as well? The FBS schools had 100 scholarships rather than 85 and took 15 extra guys. That gave FBS scholarships to guys who any other year wouldn't have had one? Now every school has to get back down to 85 causing a ton of players in the portal who are just now figuring out that maybe they should go down to FCS.

It's like a lot things in the world, a confluence of events has cause many situations to occur that otherwise would not have.

I feel like there has to be a little bit of a cascading effect as well? The FBS schools had 100 scholarships rather than 85 and took 15 extra guys. That gave FBS scholarships to guys who any other year wouldn't have had one? Now every school has to get back down to 85 causing a ton of players in the portal who are just now figuring out that maybe they should go down to FCS.
Yeah pretty much what I was saying. I worded it wrong.

Yeah I believe he punched the OL on a point after because the OL spit in his face. That would be akward as f* if he came here.

• Haha
Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Yeah I believe he punched the OL on a point after because the OL spit in his face. That would be akward as f* if he came here.
I disagree it was in the heat of the game. Sometimes players lose control of their emotions on the field. Usually doesn't carry over after the game unless their is a pattern of multiple occurrence. I think he would be fine.

The fact that all 9 of these guys are on campus right now is going to be huge for team chemistry. They will be together for winter lifting, spring practice and fall camp.
Last year all of our portal guys showed up in the summer right before fall camp.
I think this is going to play a huge part in the upcoming season.

The fact that all 9 of these guys are on campus right now is going to be huge for team chemistry. They will be together for winter lifting, spring practice and fall camp.
Last year all of our portal guys showed up in the summer right before fall camp.
I think this is going to play a huge part in the upcoming season.
9 is low, I like 10 better

So do we only have one boom left? Does this mean Feb 2nd will be a slow day? I believe we freed up 2 more scholarships with players leaving so is the new magic number at 3? It's like doing common core math the calculations continue to grow.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
So do we only have one boom left? Does this mean Feb 2nd will be a slow day? I believe we freed up 2 more scholarships with players leaving so is the new magic number at 3? It's like doing common core math the calculations continue to grow.
Remember a month ago when people were worried saying “where are we going to find 10 transfers”?

The big question will be, can the defense as a whole take that next step to compete for the conference? Obviously they greatly improved over the course of the season, but they got completely dominated in the trenches against the likes of Cinci and SMU.

Reactions: knight_tracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT