ADVERTISEMENT

Newest Football Commit

I wonder if that would work. I think that some basketball players can reach nearly 13 feet.
Guys that are 6-2 or so jump and get a hand on it. If anything it may be a mental thing knowing there is a 7' guy standing in front of you.

Guys that are 6-2 or so jump and get a hand on it. If anything it may be a mental thing knowing there is a 7' guy standing in front of you.
Yeah, but we are talking another 16 inches just in height and even a longer wingspan for Tacko. Frost should try it. Can't hurt. However, Prof will not approve of this.

Easy solution: Tacko doesn't actually have to catch the ball, all he needs to do is knock it down so the WR who's following can catch it on the rebound.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
But this year we can lock these guys up in December instead of trying to hold them in January.
But only if the recruits want to. After top schools lose some recruits and fail to flip others in December, the best AAC commits, especially those who've had great senior seasons, may take their chances on February. It's easy to develop a swelled head as a star senior. On the other hand, UCF may withdraw more offers than under the old system, knowing that guys have 2 more months to land an offer.

This is the first year of this system, so "unintended consequences" are sure to arise. Even the next couple years may take some sorting out as schools learn more effective strategies.

O
Now it will just be December.
Possibly, at the same time alot of big schools arent willing to commit to a kid that early, it at least will help us keep a couple hands on deck before the big boy come poaching on NSD. Maybe not everyone stays firm, but a good half at least.

But only if the recruits want to. After top schools lose some recruits and fail to flip others in December, the best AAC commits, especially those who've had great senior seasons, may take their chances on February. It's easy to develop a swelled head as a star senior. On the other hand, UCF may withdraw more offers than under the old system, knowing that guys have 2 more months to land an offer.

This is the first year of this system, so "unintended consequences" are sure to arise. Even the next couple years may take some sorting out as schools learn more effective strategies.
Some of our recruits aren't going anywhere, like Otis Anderson. If we can lock down 10-15 in December, that allows our coaching staff to only have to focus on 10-15 guys. I think that there will be more pressure on the P5 coaches, especially the upper echelon coaches that need 4-5 star guys to win.

Some of our recruits aren't going anywhere, like Otis Anderson. If we can lock down 10-15 in December, that allows our coaching staff to only have to focus on 10-15 guys. I think that there will be more pressure on the P5 coaches, especially the upper echelon coaches that need 4-5 star guys to win.
I have a feeling it will be a marginal 3-4 star guy that gets burned more often. Going to hold out for Bama or FSU type offers and then their classes fill up. We will definitely have to keep a few spots open to get these guys late.

Just out of curiosity, what age is old to you?
30. Also, we all have nothing else to do.
No job. No house. No responsibilities. No family. No hobbies. No travel plans.
Only the college kids and immediate post grads on here have a full life and are always positive. We could all learn a lot from these youngsters.

Last edited:
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
30. Also, we all have nothing else to do.
No job. No house. No responsibilities. No family. No hobbies. No travel plans.
Only the college kids and immediate post grads on here have a full life and are always positive. We could all learn a lot from these youngsters.
We have nothing else to do, yet we are hanging out in same place as them.

Shut up.

yeah Otis and E. Greene stayed pretty solid through the whole process

Why would P5 vote in favor of something that so obviously helped G5 recruiting? I'm holding out hope it's a positive for UCF

Why would P5 vote in favor of something that so obviously helped G5 recruiting? I'm holding out hope it's a positive for UCF

It helps lower level P5 but the hurts the blue bloods that must have 4-5 star recruits to be nationally competitive. Those are 10-12 schools.

I have a feeling it will be a marginal 3-4 star guy that gets burned more often. Going to hold out for Bama or FSU type offers and then their classes fill up. We will definitely have to keep a few spots open to get these guys late.
Frost is planning on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT