ADVERTISEMENT

Next UCF Coach?

A lot of us would like the young, hungry, run the offense during practice, run sprints with the players, UCF Frost. But I'm afraid what we would get now is the borderline alcoholic, cheating on his wife, too much success too soon, Nebraska Frost.
He needs a year or two in the Nick Saban assistant coach rehabilitation program, but that no longer exists.
Perhaps.

I love Frost and what he did for us but idk if he's the same dude that was here years ago + he still left us. You guys are in love with your ex, idk there are other young coaches out there.

But still if it was between Gus or Frost right now that's not even a thought. Gus is not our guy. I thought years ago but moreso that Navy game with Mikey Keene, that loss sealed the deal for me. I hate the excuses with "give him 3-5 years" I hate that. What about BYU, they're killing it. And SMU? I'm actually really happy for SMU making the most of out their opportunities. We were a winning program that had so much hype surrounding us. Now look. These last two weeks (EYES OPEN/MEDIA ON US) set us back years. How much, idk but it's a huge setback and TM and Gus have to go.

A lot of us would like the young, hungry, run the offense during practice, run sprints with the players, UCF Frost. But I'm afraid what we would get now is the borderline alcoholic, cheating on his wife, too much success too soon, Nebraska Frost.
He needs a year or two in the Nick Saban assistant coach rehabilitation program, but that no longer exists.
Yeah, I think a lot of people want the AD to find "next Frost," not literally Scott himself. Someone with a modern offense that plays with tempo, puts teams away by scoring early and often that you are favored to beat and being able to come back in any game with quick scores.

It's a valid criticism that a lot of programs don't give coaches long enough, but that is not the case here. 4 years into the project and it is a failure.

Names I like at this point -

Top Tier

Ryan Silverfield, HC - Memphis
Jamey Chadwell, HC - Liberty
Jon Sumrall, HC - Tulane

The next tier

Barry Odom, HC - UNLV

The next next tier

Travis Williams, DC - Arkansas
Brian Hartline, Co-OC/WR Coach - Ohio State
Alex Golesh, HC - USF
GJ Kinne, HC - Texas State

Intriguing

Jerry Mack, RB Coach - Jaguars
Will Stein, OC - Oregon
Glenn Schumann, DC - Georgia
Buster Faulkner, OC - Georgia Tech

Top Tier

Jon Sumrall, HC - Tulane

The next tier

Barry Odom, HC - UNLV

The next next tier

Alex Golesh, HC - USF

Intriguing

Will Stein, OC - Oregon
You mean you have enough time to make this post during all this amazing FB action?!

Top Tier

Jon Sumrall, HC - Tulane

The next tier

Barry Odom, HC - UNLV

The next next tier

Alex Golesh, HC - USF

Intriguing

Will Stein, OC - Oregon
Names you like for your kids? Those names aren't even popular.

Per Huggies, Top 10 Babylist Babes Names for Boys

Oliver was the most popular name for boys on our list, followed by Jack and Levi, which were also in the top ten of our list in 2023. Luca is new though, replacing Lucas. Here are the rest of the baby boy names that were most popular in 2024.

Oliver

Jack

Levi

Rowan

William

Liam

Aiden

Thomas

Hudson

Luca

I have mixed feelings about Frost. Was he really good or did he catch lightning in a bottle. He did 0 at nebraska with plenty of time to build.
I believe it’s the latter. Thing is, we owe the majority of what we have now in the big 12 to him. Got us to the top at the right time, and completely changed the identity of the football program. But I don’t think his style would have led to long term success in the big 12. Plus, it appears McKenzie was the special one, and he couldn’t find a QB outside of him. I do think we need to get back to one thing he was doing, recruiting under the radar local speedsters. Our team is so slow now. But I do not think we should try to rehire him. Begging for the ex that left you to come back doesn’t usually end well

Top Tier

Jon Sumrall, HC - Tulane

The next tier

Barry Odom, HC - UNLV

The next next tier

Alex Golesh, HC - USF

Intriguing

Will Stein, OC - Oregon
We can do better.
Btw Golesh was Heupals recruiting head guy here ( so he’s out ) Interesting to c how this pans out

Reactions: Yaes
I believe it’s the latter. Thing is, we owe the majority of what we have now in the big 12 to him. Got us to the top at the right time, and completely changed the identity of the football program. But I don’t think his style would have led to long term success in the big 12. Plus, it appears McKenzie was the special one, and he couldn’t find a QB outside of him. I do think we need to get back to one thing he was doing, recruiting under the radar local speedsters. Our team is so slow now. But I do not think we should try to rehire him. Begging for the ex that left you to come back doesn’t usually end well
Our current team of starters are mostly portal retreads much like our retread SEC high school genius. We have lost the identity of the players rejected by the bigger programs with a chip on the shoulder and something to prove. Instead we are looking for for instant success because our head coach sucks at developing players, especially quarterbacks.

Reactions: connerito
I'm tired of the Frost ex-gf comments, everyone here was calling for his head and booing him at the Ark St Cure Bowl but people are blinded by the Peach Bowl to remember how much flak this board gave him throughout the season for his inexperienced/overaggressive playcalling (cough Killins up the middle comments every thread). If he was a good coach for the long haul, he would have had even moderate success at Nebraska. On top of all the issues he seemed to be having off the field there, I wouldn't want him back.

We caught lightning in a bottle, KZ was incredible, no significant injuries (2017), and had made just enough plays on defense to get to the promised land.

Bring me Eric Morris from North Texas. Played and coached under Leach (played for him at Texas Tech, coached for him at Washington State and TTU).

Coached Patrick Mahomes (his OC). Coached Cam Ward (his HC).

Won at Incarnate Word and is now winning at North Texas. Would likely be cheap, offsetting the Gus buyout. Get it done.

Bring me Eric Morris from North Texas. Played and coached under Leach (played for him at Texas Tech, coached for him at Washington State and TTU).

Coached Patrick Mahomes (his OC). Coached Cam Ward (his HC).

Won at Incarnate Word and is now winning at North Texas. Would likely be cheap, offsetting the Gus buyout. Get it done.
That might be an interesting hire. He was 5/7 at NT in 23 but he is 5/1 so far in 24. Offenses rank high.

What about one of these?
Alex Atkins OC Florida State
Buster Faulker OC Georgia Tech
Will Stein OC Oregon
Jamey Chadwell HC Liberty

Would be interested on who Bruce Feldman and Rittenberg would list. they seem pretty plugged in on rising Coaches

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT