ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Can't. Genshaft already has a steady job
and the kid who connected the dots on his tests and filled in his coloring books
is too young to be draft eligible
But perhaps the NFL could hire him to "Money Ball" their draft evaluations.

Michigan had a ton of players drafted.
I've counted like 7-8 already. More than some conferences I would think. Crazy.

Michigan had a ton of players drafted.
I've counted like 7-8 already. More than some conferences I would think. Crazy.
They showed a graph earlier that showed the schools that had the most kids picked through round 3. Bama had 8 or 9. Michigan, Ohio State and Florida I think were up there.

They showed a graph earlier that showed the schools that had the most kids picked through round 3. Bama had 8 or 9. Michigan, Ohio State and Florida I think were up there.
I always wondered if all the AAC teams combined making up an All-Star squad would beat Michigan or Alabama

AAC had 2 picks in the 4th round, 3 in the 5th, and 2 in the 6th. So that's 13 in 6 rounds, or about one from each team in the conference.

This is probably true every draft but it really does show you how sitting on a P5 team instead of playing years on a G5 team isn't always the smart move- just look at the amount of Sunbelt players drafted this year-3 from W. Kentucky in the top 3 rounds alone. Hell, even FA/IU players. I wish more recruits realized this.

Reactions: Mikesi
This is probably true every draft but it really does show you how sitting on a P5 team instead of playing years on a G5 team isn't always the smart move- just look at the amount of Sunbelt players drafted this year-3 from W. Kentucky in the top 3 rounds alone. Hell, even FA/IU players. I wish more recruits realized this.
I've said it before. Playing time is way underrated. Also, you can't fool any potential team drafting you too high sitting on a P5 team's bench. If you're a 4 year starter at a G5 school, at least you have some exposure. Look at someone like Griffin would have started 0-1 years at Alabama or even UF if he was recruited there. Now he'll get 3rd round money and a legitimate shot.

You are very right (except for the first round). Only about half the FBS schools are P5. So if playing on a P5 team gets you a much better chance to be drafted, you'd expect, say, 3/4 of those drafted in each round to be from P5 schools. After all, they take nearly all the 4 and 5 star recruits! Here's what happened this year:
Round # NOT from P5 (out of 32)
1 3
2 8
3 12
4 10
5 14
6 12
So except for the first round, the P5 didn't even get two-thirds (65%). Including the 1st round, it rises to 69%. We call that in statistics "regression to the population mean," i.e., 4 and 5 stars tend to under-perform somewhat and 3 and 2 star players overperform on average.

Most of them go P5 because of the level of competition, fan support and tv audiences, chance to play in CFP etc. more than draft reasons. I would rather play or watch my kid play rather than brag about being a bench player on a really good team.

Most of them go P5 because of the level of competition, fan support and tv audiences, chance to play in CFP etc. more than draft reasons. I would rather play or watch my kid play rather than brag about being a bench player on a really good team.
Those are reasons related to making the NFL. You could have added better coaching (and more coaches), better training facilities, more sports history, etc). If you ask any 4 or 5 star (and most 3 stars), they are all dedicated above all to making the pros. And most of those sincerely believe that is their destiny.

I totally agree with that, but additionally you only live one life and if you have a chance at NFL money, that has to take priority. The best chance of getting any of that for the players outside of the very elite is to get playing time anyway you can. That's why kids even transfer out of UCF especially at QB. Bo Schneider, Harris, Kruczek, etc.

I totally agree with that, but additionally you only live one life and if you have a chance at NFL money, that has to take priority. The best chance of getting any of that for the players outside of the very elite is to get playing time anyway you can. That's why kids even transfer out of UCF especially at QB. Bo Schneider, Harris, Kruczek, etc.
Typically if you have to transfer you may not be good enough for NFL. I can't think of any that transferred away and only Storm that came to us. Even though he barely made NFL.

Marquette Smith come to us in 1-AA and was on the Panthers till preseason injuries sidelined him. He almost lost a leg if I remember correctly.

as @SADUCFKNIGHT would say Jacksonville media How do you like me now?*
d7bf5169e1ec5611740f6a7067007794.jpg

Hmm: best college running back, offensive lineman, and receiver while canning the coach and bringing back Couglin to help management. Now that's a commitment to your QB while also at last giving him help. And it wasn't a great year for drafting QBs and they couldn't get enough for Blake in trade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT