ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NFL Draft / History of UCF Picks

I think Caleb Williams will probably be better than every QB drafted tonight
You are probably right, but I think Young is going to be good, as long as his size doesn't hurt him. I am interested to see what Richardson does, kind of feels like a big boom or bust type guy, taking him at 4 was risky I think.

Andre Ware 2.0 in the making, outside in getting a Heisman. The gates were 6-7 in both 2021 and 2021. What makes one think he'll do any better going against NFL competition. Kudos to him in collecting a pay check...he'll be out in less than 4 yrs...rack this post.

Other than may be Ward or Morris-Brash going late or as a FA, I don't see many other UCFer's getting drafted this year. I was hoping Gamble would have done better, but his stats show he was worse than he being at UF playing against better talent.

UCF since Malhazan took over: one pick last year and most likely zero picks this year.

Andre Ware 2.0 in the making, outside in getting a Heisman. The gates were 6-7 in both 2021 and 2021. What makes one think he'll do any better going against NFL competition. Kudos to him in collecting a pay check...he'll be out in less than 4 yrs...rack this post.

Other than may be Ward or Morris-Brash going late or as a FA, I don't see many other UCFer's getting drafted this year. I was hoping Gamble would have done better, but his stats show he was worse than he being at UF playing against better talent.
His issue is lack of experience. If the colts handle him properly, he could end up being really good. If they rush him out there, he is probably going to struggle. He isn't really comparable to Andre Ware though, Ware was nowhere near the athlete Richardson is.

Ware could actually throw. Richardson sucks and the Colts are now at least 6 years away from even being relevant.

Ware could actually throw. Richardson sucks and the Colts are now at least 6 years away from even being relevant.
Richardson has a cannon, just a matter of learning the game more. Regardless, he isnt remotely similar to Ware so not sure why we are even comparing them.

Lol man nfl draft nerd brain is a hell of a drug

being an athlete doesn’t matter if you don’t have accuracy and can’t read coverages

being an athlete doesn’t matter if you don’t have accuracy and can’t read coverages
Sounds like someone we know. If JRP were 6'4" we'd probably be hearing all about his NFL draft stock right now.

You don't draft a qb for year 1, you draft a qb that high hoping he will be your starter for the next decade. His biggest issue is he hasnt played much, but the more he plays the better he will likely be at reading coverages and just understanding the game. He certainly has question marks (as all these QBs do), but if they think they can teach him, then he probably has the most potential of any QB in the draft. Their new HC is also the guy that gets a lot of credit for developing Hurts, who also had tons of question marks coming out, and they obviously made him into a very good player, so no real reason to think they cant do the same with Rchardson, as long as they handle him correctly. I think Richardson is a gamble that high because of his inexperience, but at the same time, if they are able to coach him up then 2 or 3 years from now he might be a Cam Newton level QB.

I am a Titans fan, definitely like Levis in the 2nd more than Richardson at 4 overall. Both need work, but I think Levis is less of a project than Richardson. I think both can be really good, but both have some work to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Tyjae Spears from Tulane got drafted yesterday. Great player, but I get a bit upset whenever they talk about him because every single time they show that play from the game against us when he broke like 12 tackles

Montalvo to Miami… after all these years, I finally get to root for a UCF draftee/UDFA in Miami! Also, former UCF DE (most recently Miss State) Randy Charlton signed with Miami

Reactions: FoxKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT