ADVERTISEMENT

Nickelodeon has gone off the rails

Damn right it's hard to prove the numbers, and yet the trans community is still playing the suicide card. I don't want anyone to kill themselves, but there are a lot of people in the trans community that try to hold people as emotion hostages with that sympathy card. Listen to their own words and it becomes as clear as day that it's what they're doing.
Wow. You're a dickhead.

So, they are just "playing the suicide card?" You don't think people whom identify as trans, or questioning, or simply confused, have a much higher chance of clinical depression and a desire to end their life? Do you not believe the discrimination, unwelcoming family members and housing instability, mental health disparities, "conversion therapies," and barriers to accessing positive mental health care, are a lot worse for LGBT people, especially youth??

I don't know what to tell you if you simply choose to be a cock.

Who said acceptance of transgenderism is rising? Where's your evidence?

In one breath you OP a tweet blasting trans people as shameful freaks proclaiming that Nickelodeon has "gone off the rails" and in the next breath you question the rising suicide rate among the trans community. Really?

Maybe, this is one of those times when, instead of accusing them of 'playing for sympathy.' you might "look inward."

Wow. You're a dickhead.

So, they are just "playing the suicide card?" You don't think people whom identify as trans, or questioning, or simply confused, have a much higher chance of clinical depression and a desire to end their life? Do you not believe the discrimination, unwelcoming family members and housing instability, mental health disparities, "conversion therapies," and barriers to accessing positive mental health care, are a lot worse for LGBT people, especially youth??

I don't know what to tell you if you simply choose to be a cock.
Of course they have a much higher Prevalence of suicide and suicide attempts. The issue is that they blame that on society and fail to even consider that it may be the product of their own dysphoria. They try to put that burden on the shoulders of others that do nothing but mind their own business. It's emotional hostage taking.

If your son was dating a girl and he wanted to break up with her but she was threatening to kill herself if he did, would you tell him to stay in the relationship? Same thing.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
Of course they have a much higher Prevalence of suicide and suicide attempts. The issue is that they blame that on society and fail to even consider that it may be the product of their own dysphoria. They try to put that burden on the shoulders of others that do nothing but mind their own business. It's emotional hostage taking.

If your son was dating a girl and he wanted to break up with her but she was threatening to kill herself if he did, would you tell him to stay in the relationship? Same thing.
Well, first you would have to believe that others are just minding their own business and society doesn't have an effect on their emotional wellbeing, which is a major stretch. Sure, things have gotten better, but it isn't all love and roses.

Are we cool with tax payer funded sex changes? Trying to get the level of woke.
No. While the psychological effects are usually positive post-surgery, it is still a voluntary surgery. Tax payer funded counseling and psychiatric care, yes.

Well, first you would have to believe that others are just minding their own business and society doesn't have an effect on their emotional wellbeing, which is a major stretch. Sure, things have gotten better, but it isn't all love and roses.
Nobody said it was. But if the trans community wants to claim that their high suicide rates are related to social acceptance then those rates should be going down. It doesn't really appear that society is having much of an effect on the issue, and in the meantime they expect the APA to change the definition of homosexuality, you to consider the idea that you may actually be intersex, and that all words regarding gender and sex are meaningless constructs.

Nobody said it was. But if the trans community wants to claim that their high suicide rates are related to social acceptance then those rates should be going down. It doesn't really appear that society is having much of an effect on the issue, and in the meantime they expect the APA to change the definition of homosexuality, you to consider the idea that you may actually be intersex, and that all words regarding gender and sex are meaningless constructs.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that gender and sex, and sexual orientation, are meaningless constructs. The argument is that we still have unknowns, and the unknowns are more visible now than they ever have been in our history, mostly due to social acceptance.

Is it hormonal? Genetic? Learned and/or nurtured? Psychiatric? We still don't know these answers. So why should be believe that historic male-female dichotomy is the only correct explanation?

I don't pretend to know the answers when it comes to science, and why. My opinion on this stems from treating people, especially children, as human beings. Most of them are scared, confused, hurting, and wondering why their life dealt them this hand, and yes, a lot of it has to do with how society still treats them, even if it is better than in the past.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that gender and sex, and sexual orientation, are meaningless constructs. The argument is that we still have unknowns, and the unknowns are more visible now than they ever have been in our history, mostly due to social acceptance.

Is it hormonal? Genetic? Learned and/or nurtured? Psychiatric? We still don't know these answers. So why should be believe that historic male-female dichotomy is the only correct explanation?

I don't pretend to know the answers when it comes to science, and why. My opinion on this stems from treating people, especially children, as human beings. Most of them are scared, confused, hurting, and wondering why their life dealt them this hand, and yes, a lot of it has to do with how society still treats them, even if it is better than in the past.
Take the time and watch the debate link I posted above. That is exactly the direction they are trying to push the narrative towards. For the most part the nature vs nurture thing isn't even something they care about anymore. The whole discussion is changing and not in a good way.

Take the time and watch the debate link I posted above. That is exactly the direction they are trying to push the narrative towards. For the most part the nature vs nurture thing isn't even something they care about anymore.
I spent 15 minutes watching that ‘debate’ before tapping out in pain. In the time I endured it, I didn’t get what “narrative they’re pushing” other than feeling like a woman.
The whole discussion is changing and not in a good way.
What exactly is changing the debate—and not in a good way?

I spent 15 minutes watching that ‘debate’ before tapping out in pain. In the time I endured it, I didn’t get what “narrative they’re pushing” other than feeling like a woman.

What exactly is changing the debate—and not in a good way?
You have to watch more than just the first 15 minutes.

Um, thanks but no thanks.

Since you did, I guess you’ll have to explain it to us.
I laid a lot of it out earlier in this thread. Gender is fluid
Sex is fluid
Biology is fluid
Lots of people with XX chromosomes are born with male genetilia.
Homosexual sex is an identity, not a practice.
The APA is wrong with their definitions of words
Man doesnt mean male, and neither term means anything beyond what you identify as.

I laid a lot of it out earlier in this thread. Gender is fluid
Sex is fluid
Biology is fluid
Lots of people with XX chromosomes are born with male genetilia.
Homosexual sex is an identity, not a practice.
The APA is wrong with their definitions of words
Man doesnt mean male, and neither term means anything beyond what you identify as.
If someone identifies as someone of the opposite gender, so what? What’s it to you?

If someone identifies as someone of the opposite gender, so what? What’s it to you?
I dont care if they want to alter the meaning of the term "gender", but when they start saying biology is fluid that's where I draw the line.

I dont care if they want to alter the meaning of the term "gender", but when they start saying biology is fluid that's where I draw the line.
Who cares where you draw the line though? Does that mean anything to anyone?

Who cares where you draw the line though? Does that mean anything to anyone?
Well, I guess my first thought is why do the feelings of the person identifying as something other than their biological sex supercede my feelings of not accepting that as being biologically possible? I've been personally attacked in this thread for my belief. Do my feelings not matter?

Well, I guess my first thought is why do the feelings of the person identifying as something other than their biological sex supercede my feelings of not accepting that as being biologically possible? I've been personally attacked in this thread for my belief. Do my feelings not matter?
Let me get this straight: You post a tweet about how weird and shameful it is that Nickelodeon addresses the issue of trans people, but folks are supposed to sympathize with YOU for….being personally attacked???!? WTF?

Last I checked, the brain and all of its processes are part of biology. It wasn’t that long ago that we still had people engaged in the old ‘nurture vs nature’ argument over homosexuality.

Let me get this straight: You post a tweet about how weird and shameful it is that Nickelodeon addresses the issue of trans people, but folks are supposed to sympathize with YOU for….being personally attacked???!? WTF?

Last I checked, the brain and all of its processes are part of biology. It wasn’t that long ago that we still had people engaged in the old ‘nurture vs nature’ argument over homosexuality.
When did I say shameful?

I don’t know. My daughters don’t believe that an anthropomorphic sponge, who is best friends with a starfish, works at a hamburger joint and lives in a pineapple with his pet Snail, actually lives under the sea, so they would probably just think this is a clown singing about being happy you are who you are. They probably wouldn’t realize this is a dude or even pick up on the subtle Marxist propaganda. They might dance, though.

You were insulted because you said that drag queens are transexual, which is completely false.

How do we know biology isn't fluid? I assume you're talking biological sex, male vs. female. Right? We've believed male and female to be analog for a long time, based on chromosomes. X and Y chromosomes are biological fact, this is true.
But we are learning there are other factors at play for how a person feels about this. Could it be more complex than the X and Y we believed? Hormones? Psychiatric? Etc.?

I don’t know. My daughters don’t believe that an anthropomorphic sponge, who is best friends with a starfish, works at a hamburger joint and lives in a pineapple with his pet Snail, actually lives under the sea, so they would probably just think this is a clown singing about being happy you are who you are. They probably wouldn’t realize this is a dude or even pick up on the subtle Marxist propaganda. They might dance, though.
You are correct... well, except the McCarthy-era Marxism fears.

You were insulted because you said that drag queens are transexual, which is completely false.

How do we know biology isn't fluid? I assume you're talking biological sex, male vs. female. Right? We've believed male and female to be analog for a long time, based on chromosomes. X and Y chromosomes are biological fact, this is true.
But we are learning there are other factors at play for how a person feels about this. Could it be more complex than the X and Y we believed? Hormones? Psychiatric? Etc.?
Your last statement made the point. Psychology is what this is about, and there is nothing wrong with accepting it as such. Chromosomes are not fluid. Biology isn't fluid. Hormone production is, but at its core transgenderism is based on "feelings", which is psychological. You could make the case that hormone levels can make it a physiological occurrence, but hormones can also be manipulated.

When did I say shameful?
What the hell were we supposed to take from your OP?

You posted a 'SHAME ON NICKELODEON' tweet for...horror of horrors....featuring a TRANS person followed by your "This country is so weird anymore."

X and Y chromosomes are biological fact, this is true. But we are learning there are other factors at play for how a person feels about this. Could it be more complex than the X and Y we believed? Hormones? Psychiatric? Etc.?
Guess what? All that is psychological is first physiological. There happens to be a field of scientific study called psychological biology that examines thoughts -- you know, "feelings" --- and behaviors from a biological perspective. A biological approach of psychology focuses on the central nervous system and the brain. Our neural working and sensory systems affect our mood and behavior.

Reactions: chemmie
Guess what? All that is psychological is first physiological. There happens to be a field of scientific study called psychological biology that examines thoughts -- you know, "feelings" --- and behaviors from a biological perspective. A biological approach of psychology focuses on the central nervous system and the brain. Our neural working and sensory systems affect our mood and behavior.
Be careful. I don't think that you want to put forth that the possible difference between gay and straight is a simple matter of brain chemistry.

I can feel like a shark...that doesn't make me a shark. A lot of anti science around this subject. Men and women have designed parts to breed. I can be sympathetic with mental issues if they think they are something else, but to say gender is fluid is absurd.
That is a preposterous way of thinking. If there were 10 cases in the entire world of transgenderism, we could possibly believe this way. But, there are many, many, more. The correct statement, is that we know there are two chromosomes, X and Y, that dictate the sex of an individual. However, we are still unsure of how that connection is made, and why some of those connections are stronger than others when it comes to physiological and psychiatric "feelings" of being male or female.

It is okay to admit that we might not fully understand something we once thought we understood completely.

Be careful. I don't think that you want to put forth that the possible difference between gay and straight is a simple matter of brain chemistry.
Well, it is a simple matter of a complex combination of factors. Some people can't even admit this.

That is a preposterous way of thinking. If there were 10 cases in the entire world of transgenderism, we could possibly believe this way. But, there are many, many, more. The correct statement, is that we know there are two chromosomes, X and Y, that dictate the sex of an individual. However, we are still unsure of how that connection is made, and why some of those connections are stronger than others when it comes to physiological and psychiatric "feelings" of being male or female.

It is okay to admit that we might not fully understand something we once thought we understood completely.
You are so much more close to rational with this post than many of the trans advocates than you realize, and many of them would attack you for it.

It's no longer "sex is binary", or "sex is bimodal", it's that sex doesn't exist. I think you and I could probably agree that there can be a spectrum of masculinity and femininity but there is clear delineation point where there is no cross-over. I'm cool with saying that gender is an identity, but don't tell me that if I'm born with XY chromosomes, have male sex organs, and produce small gametes that I may be a woman physiologically. That's literally what these people are trying to sell now.

Help me out. Define what a "birthing person" is and what makes them fall into that category.

I'm cool with saying that gender is an identity,
Yeah, we've all witnessed that... :)
but don't tell me that if I'm born with XY chromosomes, have male sex organs, and produce small gametes that I may be a woman physiologically. That's literally what these people are trying to sell now.
Selling? Here's a thought: maybe they're trying to explain to other people who are not like them what life for them is like (i.e. a female trapped in a male body or vise versa.)

What's wrong with 'live and let live'?

Yeah, we've all witnessed that... :)

Selling? Here's a thought: maybe they're trying to explain to other people who are not like them what life for them is like (i.e. a female trapped in a male body or vise versa.)

What's wrong with 'live and let live'?
Lol, they now reject the idea of "a man trapped in a woman's body". You really need to watch the whole debate I shared.

Lol, they now reject the idea of "a man trapped in a woman's body".
"they" = one transgendered woman on the video you posted who goes by Demon Mama.

She said the phrase has historically been used by the transgendered community in an attempt to explain their situation to others. She said she personally doesn't look at it that way. Who knew she represents the entire transgendered community now.
You really need to watch the whole debate I shared.
I was able to answer this one from the first 15 minutes. Sorry but I didn't feel that listening to her debate Big Papa Fascist was a good use of my time. :)

"they" = one transgendered woman on the video you posted who goes by Demon Mama.

She said the phrase has historically been used by the transgendered community in an attempt to explain their situation to others. She said she personally doesn't look at it that way. Who knew she represents the entire transgendered community now.

I was able to answer this one from the first 15 minutes. Sorry but I didn't feel that listening to her debate Big Papa Fascist was a good use of my time. :)
Lol, what's funny about his name is that he's actually just slightly right of center but the far left started calling him that, so he went with it as a troll. Demonmama is one of the most followed voices in the trans community so that's why I shared the video. His/her voice is pretty mainstream at this point. If you watched the whole thing you might realize how far the trans movement has moved.

Back to the original post...

NEWS FLASH: Your Children Are Gay.

1/10, until one of the assholes that is triggered by Nickelodeon ends up with a gay kid and gets to deal with their own bigotry. Then it is 10/10.
My kids are all gay, so what are you getting at?

Nothing, other than I would hope you are supportive, understanding, empathetic, and all-around decent to all LGBT people.
Typical sympathy play. I'm compassionate and understanding with people that truly have gender dysphoria. I draw the line when they try to change the meaning of words and try to hold me as an emotional hostage. Don't tell me that biology is wrong because you feel like its wrong, and if you're threatening to kill yourself if I don't accept your delusion, go ahead and pull the trigger. I can be empathetic without sacrificing science and my own well being.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT